Guest Arnold

Richard O'Sullivan

OK, here we are in the Dickie thread once more. I hope we are all happy and best of friends again.

I must admit when things don't go the way of the members, the old chestnut of "free speech" does get thrown at the management.

I have been on some forums where disrespect to other members rules. It degenerates into personal insults and "I'll get you banned" jibes and can really put off potential posters. I know, I have been put off before. One of the main jobs of the Moderators on this forum, apart from deleting the phonograph spam, is to make sure the level of posting doesn't put off visitors. Excessive swearing, racism, all the non-pc stuff has to be stamped on, (I'm not implying that this has happened, it's just an example) - so as long as these unwritten rules are followed - free speech will reign. Strong opinions are always welcome, but keep it clean and don't let it become personal - or libelous - that's another biggy!

So, the Mods are your friends - probably.

DWB :o

Does that mean trivia and an average of 30+ posts a day are now OK?

OK, here we are in the Dickie thread once more. I hope we are all happy and best of friends again.

I must admit when things don't go the way of the members, the old chestnut of "free speech" does get thrown at the management.

I have been on some forums where disrespect to other members rules. It degenerates into personal insults and "I'll get you banned" jibes and can really put off potential posters. I know, I have been put off before. One of the main jobs of the Moderators on this forum, apart from deleting the phonograph spam, is to make sure the level of posting doesn't put off visitors. Excessive swearing, racism, all the non-pc stuff has to be stamped on, (I'm not implying that this has happened, it's just an example) -  so as long as these unwritten rules are followed - free speech will reign. Strong opinions are always welcome, but keep it clean and don't let it become personal - or libelous - that's another biggy!

DWB  :o

Don't push yer luck!

DWB ;)

Whilst we've got a mod on topic, has there ever been a twunted forum topic before.....because Dickie O is obviously heading from UK Gold to UK Twunt!

Be nice if he was responsible for breaking new ground once in his career.

I have been on some forums where disrespect to other members rules. It degenerates into personal insults and "I'll get you banned" jibes and can really put off potential posters. I know, I have been put off before. One of the main jobs of the Moderators on this forum, apart from deleting the phonograph spam, is to make sure the level of posting doesn't put off visitors. Excessive swearing, racism, all the non-pc stuff has to be stamped on, (I'm not implying that this has happened, it's just an example) -  so as long as these unwritten rules are followed - free speech will reign. Strong opinions are always welcome, but keep it clean and don't let it become personal - or libelous - that's another biggy!

DWB  :o

Surely this is all trivia; froth; banter. There are no corners of the site where profundity is the natural order.

We vultures must be sustained conversationally as we wait for someone to die.

Now has anyone found that image of Tessa at age 57; is Charlie Drake compos mentos; and who are the Brinsworth 36?

Surely this is all trivia; froth; banter. There are no corners of the site where profundity is the natural order.

On the other hand, vacuous shallowness is neither obligatory nor desirable.

Is that you, Wittgenstein?

Probably not.

Speaking of Dickie O's cash....does Brinsworth House operate as a kind of insurance scheme, supported by showbiz charities and open to anyone in the scheme in need, or is it down to the residents to keep on coughing up to stay there?

It'd be downright tragic if UK Gold cancelled a resident's repeats and some poor confused sap with a vaguely familiar face was cast out into the leafy suburb in search of shelter.

I believe a lot of the costs rely largely on fundraising events. The Royal Variety Performance raises a lot of the cash for the upkeep of the home

This is nice:

Wiki

The I.P suggests this was Millwall's work.

Sorry for getting my priorities mixed up, Millwall :o

This is nice:

Wiki

Sorry for getting my priorities mixed up, Millwall  ;)

O man...........

I think I have some serious PM'ing to get done. :o

This is nice:

Wiki

Sorry for getting my priorities mixed up, Millwall :o

I don't really understand the whole 'Dickie O' fanaticism, but that's scandalous. Am disgusted.

This is nice:

Wiki

Sorry for getting my priorities mixed up, Millwall  :o

Fancy you putting the welfare of your five year old daughter (who underwent a blood transfusion yesterday) above the Dickie O' thread.

Bou you really should get your priorities straight.

This is nice:

Wiki

Sorry for getting my priorities mixed up, Millwall  :o

Now we have the worst of all worlds - three Richard O threads. That Wiki change was way out of order. If we start mucking about there all the time it will disappear faster than a nat's fart.

I have been on some forums where disrespect to other members rules. It degenerates into personal insults and "I'll get you banned" jibes and can really put off potential posters. I know, I have been put off before. One of the main jobs of the Moderators on this forum, apart from deleting the phonograph spam, is to make sure the level of posting doesn't put off visitors. Excessive swearing, racism, all the non-pc stuff has to be stamped on, (I'm not implying that this has happened, it's just an example) - so as long as these unwritten rules are followed - free speech will reign. Strong opinions are always welcome, but keep it clean and don't let it become personal - or libelous - that's another biggy!

DWB :o

No it's not allright. This isn't let's post constantly.

But Tempus you have overcome your posting disorder. Dr.Hackenslash is the one who may need treatment.

Surely this is all trivia; froth; banter.  There are no corners of the site where profundity is the natural order.

Just 4 of Notapotato's postings from the last week. Vacuous? Shallow? Surely not.

'I've just been up Arthur's seat'

'I have just eaten fried pizza'

'It was ZaZA ' (name of the cat in Hector's House)

'I just got a Mr Benn video'

Well it ain't Samuel Becket.

Surely this is all trivia; froth; banter.  There are no corners of the site where profundity is the natural order.

Just 4 of Notapotato's postings from the last week. Vacuous? Shallow? Surely not.

Now muliply that by 10 times, add lots of W**king references and you get Hackenslash's daily output.

A bit of light hearted trivia is one thing, Hackenslash & Co. have taken it to whole new lows of banality.

Poppycock! Stuff and nonsense!

At no time in the past week have I eaten fried pizza.

Perhaps I should make that persistent vacuous shallowness.

Learn the unwritten rules, respect them, then break them with a bit of style.

I believe a lot of the costs rely largely on fundraising events. The Royal Variety Performance raises a lot of the cash for the upkeep of the home

So the day her madge pegs out they're as good as homeless. What celeb worth their reputation is going to take a pride in doing a gig for Charles and Camilla?

In Hardlyaspud's defence I thought the Zsa Zsa contribution was timely since trying to remember it was driving me nuts at the time. The Arthur's Seat comment was a kind of Frankie Howard remark, fried pizza was something to do with dead dogs for the purposes of eating and don't know about Mr Benn but all I'm sure were highly relevant at the time. Firstearly vacuous and shallow? I don't think so. A few DL comrades were a bit hacked off and I'm sure it's been noted. I hope we haven't lost BHB as a result. I enjoyed his cheerful posts.

My opinion of some of the more recently joined members is so low that I wonder if there shouldn't be a more stringent screening process for potential members. Like some sort of probationary period. If they are the product of 'free speech', then free speech be damned.

I was reading over the wiki thing and somebody refered to Boudicca as a C-word.

If you have not apologised already (I'm not reading through all you're ramblings) I suggest you do it now.

Boudicca is a well respected and well loved member of this forum and if you insult her, you insult me!

There is also a notable thread devoted to the well-being of the British comedy actor [[Richard O'Sullivan]]. This thread currently contains the most posts and which was yesterday locked by a C-word

I was reading over the wiki thing and somebody refered to Boudicca as a C-word.

Thank you, Windsor.

Guest King Dickie

Shame on you DeathList for turning this thread to such profane pettiness.

Mr. O'Sullivan is not best pleased, he neither needs or desires such low publicity.

Please try to raise your standards to something approaching decency.

Yours disappointingly,

King Dickie.

Pooka, read the threads. It all makes perfect sense.

Guest Himler (Still Only A Guest)
My opinion of some of the more recently joined members is so low that I wonder if there shouldn't be a more stringent screening process for potential members. Like some sort of probationary period. If they are the product of 'free speech', then free speech be damned.

Not to mention all these f*****g guests who keep posting insane ramblings. I am off to Asda to buy a bottle of "Cava" to celebrate when this thread goes over 1000 later today. Being unemployed, I spend most of my time drinking cheap wine and watching Nick Junior. Thanks to all you UK taxpayers for my Jobseekers Allowance by the way...

;)

Can I just add that I am overwhelmed with happiness that this thread has been reinstated. Long may it live.