Guest Arnold

Richard O'Sullivan

Surely that should be REMAINDER, as I wouldn't imagine that setting the book charts on fire?

Currently it is 'REMINDER', Dennis Waterman's autobiography.

Particularly when you can name the contents of Tessa Wyatt's wardrobe in 1978 and yet not be able to remember how many miles were on the limits of that pesky exclusion order?

You seem, pulphack, to know all about the 1978 'misunderstanding'. Actually it was rather dark inside that wardrobe and I was unable to be sure about its contents as I was able to use only 4 of my senses. Needless to say my ejection from the premises was unnecessarily violent.

The exclusion order was vague. I am never really sure whether places like Richmond or Bromley count as London. The subsequent 'inclusion order' (ie that I must not leave Dorset) was, fortunately, seen as an infringement of my civil liberties by our friends in Strasbourg.

Surely that should be REMAINDER, as I wouldn't imagine that setting the book charts on fire?
Currently it is 'REMINDER', Dennis Waterman's autobiography.

Outrageous words is what sets any chart on fire. What has been done and what is uninteresting never does bring the reader down to the final chapter...

Further astonishing revelations and cross referencing between the worlds of Waterman and our hero. Waterman formed a charity fund raising football team, named the Waterman XI and various celebs and ex-footballers played to raise money for kid's charities and cancer research. Amongst such A-list celebs as Robert Powell and Robin Asquith was our man, Dicky O. I have wonderful visions of his long grey streaked dark locks flowing behind him as he dances down the wing with an inflated pig bladder at his feet.

Turns out Dennis and Dicky O were pretty tight for a while, in all senses of the word- getting pissed, 'going dahn the Bridge' and shagging anything with a feminine pulse.

Something else interesting I learned- Waterman was approached by a director and a producer to make a series of films in a Carry On vein, for a lot of money. He eventually turned them down, not wishing to undermine the reputation he had built in theatre etc and so we were robbed of Dennis Waterman being a main player in the Confessions films.

A sobering thought, eh? If he'd taken the money and done them, would the Sweeney or Minder ever have seen the light of day? Maybe they would still have done so and Dicky O might have taken the lead roles? How good would that have been if Waterman and O' Sullivan's careers were reversed? That is to say Dicky O as Carter and Terry McCann and Waterman as Robin Tripp? He wouldn't have taken no for an answer and fopped around the MATH abode- he'd have been banging Wilcox and Thomsett all over the place. And then he'd rush downstairs and wipe his knob in Mildred's curtains, whilst yelling 'get me a brown ale, you slag!'

And Dicky O in the Sweeney, how great would that have been?

REGAN: Nick 'em George!

CARTER: Um, right, yes, okay Jack. Right, now, would you mind awfully putting down that cosh, otherwise I might be forced into hitting you with this soup ladle.

VILLAIN: Soup ladle?

REGAN: F*****g soup ladle?

CARTER: Oops, I forgot I wasn't in my restaurant with that one armed Irish bloke. Silly me, I can be such a twit at times, but I get away with it a lot because of my cheeky, toothy grin and...

REGAN: Shut it, you effeminate slag!

Oh yes, it would have been classic tv. Even more classic than it already is. I wish I had a time machine.

I wish you had a film crew and the budget to make it, that's class writing BHB!

I couldn't help noticing this thread had slipped into obscurity and was trying to think of a Brinsworth House candidate who might potentially be even more reclusive than Dickie himself. Is there anyone sadder, lonelier and more desperate than Dickie O' who is such a nonentity he is rarely, if ever, discussed in these threads? No, I couldn't think of anyone.........

sad? desperate? lonely?

Pepe Poupe I reckon, the miniscule lush last seen shaking her pint sized booty as the only female Ompa Lumpa in the 1971 adaptation of Charlie and the Chocolate Factory. Her career was over before Dickie O hit top form. I mean, if you peered over the hedge to Brinsworth House you might spot some of the others, but if she was behind a small shrub....

Third page? *TSK*

You'll all be excited to hear that it seems Our Favourite has done a DVD commentary for the forthcoming release of Carry On Teacher. So, it'll be interesting to see whether he sounds like he's at death's door, addled and incoherent or just plain... normal.

However, he was unable to attend a plaque unveiling to Thora Hird yesterday because he wasn't very well apparently. So... :(

Third page? *TSK*

You'll all be excited to hear that it seems Our Favourite has done a DVD commentary for the forthcoming release of Carry On Teacher. So, it'll be interesting to see whether he sounds like he's at death's door, addled and incoherent or just plain... normal.

However, he was unable to attend a plaque unveiling to Thora Hird yesterday because he wasn't very well apparently. So... :(

One of Dickie O's finest roles, before it all turned horribly mediocre.

Amazon ain't listing the new Carry on Doctor yet, noticed you could get the old VHS on a twofer with Carry On Screaming, a snip second hand at 31 pence.

Hello, everyone. I have been enjoying this thread for the best part of three days. I am a huge fan of Richard O'Sullivan - I realise that this is not a RO'S Fanclub, but it's the closest thing to one I've seen! I am thrilled that there is so much interest in him still, although by all accounts, he seems to have lost interest in himself! Shocked to see that recent pic of him - glad his health is better, but OMG he looks so much older than he should! I nearly keeled over just looking at it! Watching "Dick Turpin" for the first time lately has probably not helped me - it was real easy to actually believe that time was standing still, and he was still drop-dead gorgeous! (no pun intended!) I was actually stupid enough to send a seven page letter to said idol recently, not realising that he would probably never even see it. I did get an email from the matron at BH - she pretty much told me ever so politely to "sod off". But being one Aussie who never takes no for an answer, I went ahead and sent my letter anyway. I hope the finished product of five re-writes will be enough to stun Mr. O'Sullivan out of his "waiting for God" stupor...I can but hope.

Hello, everyone. I have been enjoying this thread for the best part of three days. I am a huge fan of Richard O'Sullivan - I realise that this is not a RO'S Fanclub, but it's the closest thing to one I've seen! I am thrilled that there is so much interest in him still, although by all accounts, he seems to have lost interest in himself! Shocked to see that recent pic of him - glad his health is better, but OMG he looks so much older than he should! I nearly keeled over just looking at it! Watching "Dick Turpin" for the first time lately has probably not helped me - it was real easy to actually believe that time was standing still, and he was still drop-dead gorgeous! (no pun intended!) I was actually stupid enough to send a seven page letter to said idol recently, not realising that he would probably never even see it. I did get an email from the matron at BH - she pretty much told me ever so politely to "sod off". But being one Aussie who never takes no for an answer, I went ahead and sent my letter anyway. I hope the finished product of five re-writes will be enough to stun Mr. O'Sullivan out of his "waiting for God" stupor...I can but hope.

Welcome Lady Clarissa Richmond! Not often that the aristocracy posts here. Good luck in your quest for more information on Dicky - do let us know any knows of his health.

3 Days to read the thread. I was thinking maybe we should print the whole thing and post it Brinsworth House - Dicky would be thrilled to hear he still so much in our thoughts.

Thankyou for the welcome, DDT - ha, just noticed the letters - that's funny! Love to confirm I am actual "aristocracy", but alas, it's just a user name - Lady Clarissa was a character in "The Man In Grey", a movie with James Mason - she was murdered by her best friend...will certainly let you know what happens re Richard (I just can't bring myself to call him "Dickie") - I have a few irons in the fire, so I reckon something has to work, even if I have to jump on a plane to London to make them work! "Never give up, Never Surrender"!! And I never give up until I have achieved my goal, no matter how impossible the task, so stand by for updates - it won't happen overnight, but it will happen!!

Welcome Lady Clarissa Richmond! Not often that the aristocracy posts here. Good luck in your quest for more information on Dicky - do let us know any knows of his health.

3 Days to read the thread. I was thinking maybe we should print the whole thing and post it Brinsworth House - Dicky would be thrilled to hear he still so much in our thoughts.

A very valuable member of the Death List R&D team I would think. Good luck in your quest for information!

Thankyou for the welcome, DDT - ha, just noticed the letters - that's funny! Love to confirm I am actual "aristocracy", but alas, it's just a user name - Lady Clarissa was a character in "The Man In Grey", a movie with James Mason - she was murdered by her best friend...will certainly let you know what happens re Richard (I just can't bring myself to call him "Dickie") - I have a few irons in the fire, so I reckon something has to work, even if I have to jump on a plane to London to make them work! "Never give up, Never Surrender"!! And I never give up until I have achieved my goal, no matter how impossible the task, so stand by for updates - it won't happen overnight, but it will happen!!

Lady Clarissa; A serious suggestion here. If you approach BH directly you may well be fobbed off, their job is to run the place efficiently and they might see your letter as an unwanted distraction, something the matron seems already to be hinting.

Several pages back I did manage to find the name of his agent, send it that way and the said agent - who has to touch base regularly on a few items of Dickie business - may pass it on. I'm sure there'll be money involved in his little bit of work on the new Carry On Doctor DVD and where there's money there's agents getting stuck in for their cut, so this might be a busy period.

Go well.

Thanks, MPFC, for the tip - I actually already had Francine Fletcher's name from someone on ebay who was selling an autographed pic of RO'S which was accompanied by a letter from Francine - pure accident that I stumbled upon it - thanks for confirming on this thread. Matron Sheila was really very nice, but the email from her was obviously the standard blurb they dish out to everyone who inquires about Richard, and it left me in no doubt as to what she meant. I had emailed the CEO of EABF asking if I could send Richard a letter (among other things), and he passed my email onto Sheila, who actually said to me that she had shown it to Richard! Needless to say I had not intended him to see it as it contained mainly queries about his health, with some comments on how much affection I had for him!(that's putting it mildly) You are sooo right, of course - I will email Francine and ask her about Richard, and perhaps ask her if she would mind passing any letters on to him. He may actually be receiving mail and would prefer not to answer - I think that he probably just wants to be left alone, but he didn't count on me finding him after all the years of "carrying a torch for him"!! Let's hope that doing the work on "Carry On Teacher" will bring him back into the light...you can do it, Richard!!

Lady Clarissa; A serious suggestion here. If you approach BH directly you may well be fobbed off, their job is to run the place efficiently and they might see your letter as an unwanted distraction, something the matron seems already to be hinting.

Several pages back I did manage to find the name of his agent, send it that way and the said agent - who has to touch base regularly on a few items of Dickie business - may pass it on. I'm sure there'll be money involved in his little bit of work on the new Carry On Doctor DVD and where there's money there's agents getting stuck in for their cut, so this might be a busy period.

Go well.

Lady C

You've got too much energy and lust for life to leave us after a few fleeting posts about one actor. There's loads more to enjoy on this site, if you feel like sticking around.

Go well

WOW! I consider that a compliment coming from you, Maryport! I have been getting a little "wound up" the last few days, probably due to reading your RO'S thread and the BH thread, sort of like feeling p***ed without the actual drinking, which is probably better...I will stick around and check out your other things - it's kind of annoying that you guys and I are at opposite ends of the planet and are awake at different times, but hey, not to worry - I will catch up with you all at some point, no doubt. In the meantime, (I hesitate to say this) long live Richard O'Sullivan, the love of my life..ahem...that's it.

Lady C

You've got too much energy and lust for life to leave us after a few fleeting posts about one actor. There's loads more to enjoy on this site, if you feel like sticking around.

Go well

Welcome, Lady Clarissa!

Ages back I did send a letter to BH, pretending to be a small boy requesting Dicky's autograph for his father's birthday, but to no avail.

Interesting to hear that he's done something for the new Carry On Teacher DVD- although 'tis a shame I shall not hear it as I already have all the Carry Ons from the Deagostini collection.

We also had a member, Millwall 32, who famously took a day off to try and get into BH and I don't think he's been heard from since.

Best of luck in your Dicky O stalking- if you should bump into someone else in the bushes, don't panic, it'll probably be another of our fold,The Pooka, on the look out for Tessa Wyatt.

Hey, Arnold - thanks for the vote of confidence - I'll certainly do what I can re R & D. Thanks for the "luck" - I'm sure I need heaps and also a *bleeping* small miracle would help too!

A very valuable member of the Death List R&D team I would think. Good luck in your quest for information!

Hi, BHB! Sorry to hear you got no reply from my idol - it's just not *bleeping* good enough! I also have "Carry On Teacher", but I'm thinking I should buy the new DVD if only to hear that beautiful voice again..I did read about Millwall32's day out at BH..no joy there...The Pooka's posts re La Wyatt were hysterical, I have to say, but frankly, I never fancied her myself...I might just be tempted to squash her if I ran into her anytime at BH...(just kidding, Pooka)...just watched "Au Pair Girls" (with RO'S) - the gratuitous nudity and sex was awfully "risque" for it's time I reckon - it never would have got past the censors here in Australia! So no, I won't actually be stalking my idol at the moment cos I'm way too far away, but I hope to be in England by Christmas, and then, watch out Mr. O'Suillivan, an Aussie invasion may descend on you!

Welcome, Lady Clarissa!

Ages back I did send a letter to BH, pretending to be a small boy requesting Dicky's autograph for his father's birthday, but to no avail.

Interesting to hear that he's done something for the new Carry On Teacher DVD- although 'tis a shame I shall not hear it as I already have all the Carry Ons from the Deagostini collection.

We also had a member, Millwall 32, who famously took a day off to try and get into BH and I don't think he's been heard from since.

Best of luck in your Dicky O stalking- if you should bump into someone else in the bushes, don't panic, it'll probably be another of our fold,The Pooka, on the look out for Tessa Wyatt.

Lady C, you seem to like sitting around in the middle of the night swapping observations on line!

You're deffo one of us.

Welcome, Lady Clarissa!

This might sound like a daft suggestion but is there any chance someone could impersonate an ageing actor to get into Brinsworth House?

Then, from the inside, find out what is really going on?

Surely it can't be that hard - get a birth certificate, then Equity card renewed.

Heck, what about claiming to be an entertainer from the former Soviet Bloc?

It sure looks that way, doesn't it? It's almost 2am and I'm knackered so I better push off I think...go to bed and dream of "Dick Turpin"...thanks for the complment...G'night.

Lady C, you seem to like sitting around in the middle of the night swapping observations on line!

You're deffo one of us.

Maybe a "Day of the Jackal" (ahem) style identity theft is in order? Get an old copy of The Stage and nick the name of an old actor/actress who died young. (I suggest Norah Baring in a sad attempt to make this relevant to Deathlist.) Add one wig, munch on a bullet and Bob's yer Uncle.

This might sound like a daft suggestion but is there any chance someone could impersonate an ageing actor to get into Brinsworth House?

Then, from the inside, find out what is really going on?

Surely it can't be that hard - get a birth certificate, then Equity card renewed.

Heck, what about claiming to be an entertainer from the former Soviet Bloc?