Guest Arnold

Richard O'Sullivan

Guest Sir To You

You know, it was profoundly dispiriting to come across this petty, odious and venal message board whilst researching the 1962 Richard Burton/Elizabeth Taylor Cleopatra and wondering what had become of the brilliant child actor who played Ptolemy. It seems Mr. O'Sullivan has had a long and bright career in British television and brought pleasure to millions of people. Indeed, he has achieved far more in his sadly truncated career than all of the bitter and jealous Never Done Jacks who apparently use this board to take malign and sadistic delight in the misfortunes of entertainers who have, to your patent chagrin, actually had the unmitigated gall to have achieved something with their lives. Mr. O'Sullivan may be in poor health, but I put iut to you that at he is not sick enough to be reduced to sN-wording and slobbering over the misery of others on a message board. You have my pity, my derision and my sympathy for the unfortunates who have the grave misfortune to make your aquaintance in daily life.

You know, it was profoundly dispiriting to come across this petty, odious and venal message board whilst researching the 1962 Richard Burton/Elizabeth Taylor Cleopatra and wondering what had become of the brilliant child actor who played Ptolemy. It seems Mr. O'Sullivan has had a long and bright career in British television and brought pleasure to millions of people. Indeed, he has achieved far more in his sadly truncated career than all of the bitter and jealous Never Done Jacks who apparently use this board to take malign and sadistic delight in the misfortunes of entertainers who have, to your patent chagrin, actually had the unmitigated gall to have achieved something with their lives. Mr. O'Sullivan may be in poor health, but I put iut to you that at he is not sick enough to be reduced to sN-wording and slobbering over the misery of others on a message board. You have my pity, my derision and my sympathy for the unfortunates who have the grave misfortune to make your aquaintance in daily life.

Oh gee, we are sorry. We never set out to upset anyone.

You guys, how about we shut down the site - we are upsetting people...

How dare you! I am neither bitter or jealous of him.

In my opinion - sad isn't deathlist.net, sad is researching 'the 1962 Richard Burton/Elizabeth Taylor Cleopatra and wondering what had become of the brilliant child actor who played Ptolemy'.

If you're after child actors I suggest you go somewhere else. Deathlist does not deal in the sort of disgusting material you search the web for.

Yup, sad, sick bastards the lot of us.

No mates, acne, the works.

Can't all be like you, salt of the earth and life and soul of every party, y'know.

Now bugger off.

Sir my arse anyway.

I remember Richard when he was Dick Turpin, the highwayman, I had a huge crush on him then (come on I was only 10/ 11 years old!). I had pictures of him cut from newspapers adorning my bedroom walls next to the ones of Christopher Reeve as Superman (another crush), they were joined in early 1980 by Robin Cousins(!!!), so with Chris dead and Richard on the way out, perhaps Robin's days might be numbered?

I do hope that this thread causes you no offence.

By the way, who is taking delight in his ill health?

But if you do want to hear a more sensetive disscusion of his health try this.

Guest Genetic Rapist

hmm mr O'Sullivan is in the home after all and the home has a website, perhaps they would link into this thread??

Just off to send Tony the good news.

Guest Ulrika Francoise Bienhaad

What a TOTAL gem of a websearch find! :P

I found my way here after stumbling across an old episode of Robin`s Nest on TV this morning, and wondering , as you do, " I wonder what happened to....?"

As has been pointed out a number of times in this thread, it is rather sad ,yet ironic ,that top of the Google search on Richard O`Sullivan`s life and works, is a forum dedicated to the hilariously questionable morbid fascination with "who died `n` who`s gonna croak"

What has entertained me no end is the polarised views, and the seriousness with which some people take other`s humour, other`s rights to opinions and freedom to chat, and their own pomposity!

To all the irate visitors who were googling Ptolomey or looking for "Big Dick`s Lil Dick Turnip (typo fully intended for comedic effect)"... All I can offer is...

Owning and running a website is a bit like owning and running a small social club or guest house. It costs money, time and effort, and is predominantly geared towards sating the appetite of like-minded individuals who can freely giggle and titter at their own peculiar sense of fun in relative comfort.

They arent plotting terrorist acts... they arent attempting to subvert and undermine cultural and social traditions on some grandiose scale... theyre gathering, as we all do, with friends, to alleviate the oppressive grind of daily life through social interaction and fun.

If you dont like it...why not go create your OWN website and forum ...calling to arms and keyboards all the other disgruntled and dissaffected z-list tv celebrity fans.

Sure, I too was shamefacedly surprised that top of the google list on some ageing actor is a rather irreverent and weirdly off-kilter forum, but I`m egalitarian enough to allow for the fact that they didnt make this site just to piss me off or break the hearts of Dicky O`s remaining family and friends, they excercised their own rights to do what the hell they want without breaking any laws.

Dont like it?

then use your mouse button, and "click away" :)

Me? I may just pop back occasionally to see who else is being lampooned or nominated for the wooden overcoat. ;)

U.F.Bienhaad - its all in the name if you can just see it!

They arent plotting terrorist acts... they arent attempting to subvert and undermine cultural and social traditions on some grandiose scale...

Err... You haven't met our paramilitary wing yet I take it.

Glad you like the forum, feel free to pop by again.

Interesting new avator/avater/however its spelt Boudicca

av6441gv.jpg

Interesting new avator/avater/however its spelt Boudicca

Thank you. I thought MS paint was appropriate in this case.

I hate your avatar.

hmm mr O'Sullivan is in the home after all and the home has a website, perhaps they would link into this thread??

Just off to send Tony the good news.

Maybe they could arrange for some kind of early warning system with the DL. Eg: send us a list of residents in order of who's bed is closest to the door....

Guest Indy Skies - U F Bienhaad
U.F.Bienhaad

Oh no I haven't, spotted it right away

Perhaps this is TF showing us that he can be polite, funny and intelligent :banghead:

No , despite my propensity for wishing to create intrigue where none actually exists (call it a character flaw and a desperate feeling of inadequacy :grave: )... I`m not TF, I`m not actually anybody you guys will know...

I genuinely did just find my way here yesterday, and that was definitely my first post.

However... being so insecure and personality-ego challenged... I will take the following snippet "he can be polite, funny and intelligent :eshock:" from a total stranger, and wear it proudly as my new button badge as I attend various governmental functions in my daily work :D

**wanders off reciting quietly the Two Ronnies sketch " 4 candles...4 candles... got any `O`s ?" **

I remember Richard when he was Dick Turpin, the highwayman, I had a huge crush on him then (come on I was only 10/ 11 years old!). I had pictures of him cut from newspapers adorning my bedroom walls next to the ones of Christopher Reeve as Superman (another crush), they were joined in early 1980 by Robin Cousins(!!!), so with Chris dead and Richard on the way out, perhaps Robin's days might be numbered?

I think you'll find Robin Cousins died of, shall we say, an excess of happiness about 10 years ago....