Guest Arnold

Richard O'Sullivan

Guest Juice

I happen to be richard's nephew and i hope any of you who want him to be added to a list for your enjoynemt feel completely ashamed of yourselves.

I happen to be richard's nephew and i hope any of you who want him to be added to a list for your enjoynemt feel completely ashamed of yourselves.

No one wants him dead, we are discussing the possibility.

No one wants him dead, we are discussing the possibility.

Oh, and whilst you are here, how is your uncle? :)

Guest morbido

Sadly, Joanne Campbell, who was also in "Me and My Girl" died of deep veined thrombosis in 2002 at the age of 38. She played the receptionist and was a groundbreaker for being a black actress in a recurring role whose role had nothing to do with her being black. A real pity.

That series hasn't been too kind to its stars, has it? Its lead character is prematurely in a nursing home, and we've annoyed his relative Juice O'Sullivan. The receptionist has passed, Joanne Ridley's vanished from the map despite - or maybe because of - her sister's high-profile topless prancing about in the 80's. I seem to recall they had an ambitious mother who wanted her daughters to gain a lot of publicity to further their careers. Nice one Mum.

Any idea what that bloke from The Goodies is up to now?

Any idea what that bloke from The Goodies is up to now?

Which one?

I believe Tim Brooke-Taylor is a regular on the Radio 4 panel game "I'm Sorry I Haven't a Clue" (hosted by DL mentionee Humphrey Lyttleton) but I can't imagine that supplies him with a living wage. As for what else he does, after-dinner speaking would be my guess.

'Me and my girl' was repeated here recently, fatuously labeled an "encore screening" instead of the less marketable 'repeat' or 'rerun' and I found the lovely (as I remembered her from years ago) Ms Whalley is now coaching actors. In what I couldn't say, but coaching nonetheless.

On the subject of Tim Brooke-Taylor, quite some time ago we had a major anti drink driving campaign snappily titled "Anyone, Anywhere, Anytime." Why they didn't go the whole hog and have "Goody goody yum yum" at the end I'll never know. Good to see they're all in fine fettle.

The Goodies that is, not the coppers.

Edited by Gunjaman5000

Guest Harry

I didn't even know Richard O'Sullivan was ill! WHAT A WAY TO FIND OUT!!!!

You're a first class twat! (get well soon.....?...maybe not in your case...)

Wikipedia Is handy on the career of Tim Brooke Taylor.

He keeps busier than after dinner speaking and given his background I'd venture he's invested well and doesn't need to work that hard these days.

Guest Boris

I doubt Tony Blakburn still cares about what happend all those years ago. He has moved on, remarried, had children and is still working. Joanne Ridley (Who played Sullivans daughter) did one more TV show after "Me and My Girl", but i believe it was all downhill from then on.

Say what you like about O Sullivan, but his sitcoms were classics!

Say what you like about O Sullivan, but his sitcoms were classics!

The thing I would like to say about Richard O' Sullivan is that his sitcoms weren't classics.

Doubt he'll get the kind of attention Ronnie Barker warranted when he finally goes.

Guest Guest

"The thing I would like to say about Richard O' Sullivan is that his sitcoms weren't classics.

Doubt he'll get the kind of attention Ronnie Barker warranted when he finally goes. "

and? What does that prove? Media Attention isn't everything. Just look at all the crap that the media have raved about over the years. What the media do or say dosen't matter, classic shows like "Robins Nest", "Me and My Girl" and "Man About the House" will live on forever in spite of this!

Frankly, they aren't exactly 'living' at the moment so forever is a bit ambitious.

Agree the media rave about crap - often beacuse palms are stuffed with cash to get this happening.

Man About the House and Robin's Nest are so stuck in their time it's doubtful if many outside the generation that saw them will ever regard them as decent work. What next a Wendy Craig revival?

Frankly, they aren't exactly 'living' at the moment so forever is a bit ambitious.

Agree the media rave about crap - often beacuse palms are stuffed with cash to get this happening.

Man About the House and Robin's Nest are so stuck in their time it's doubtful if many outside the generation that saw them will ever regard them as decent work. What next a Wendy Craig revival?

Such cynicism in one so young is unbecoming, MPFC.

What next a Wendy Craig revival?

I do hope so. I loved "Butterflies".

Guest Alan

These shows are being repeted enough times. "Robins Nest" and "Me and My Girl" for example have both been shown again recently. There will probably always be people who like these shows, they were hugely popular in their time, are rememberd fondly by many now and thanks to the archives can be enjoyed again and again by new viewers.

... enjoyed again and again ....

Ghastly thought.

Guest Marge

I have the entire collection of Robin's Nest on DVD. And yes, I enjoy it again and again.

I have the entire collection of Robin's Nest on DVD. And yes, I enjoy it again and again.

I'm afraid you posted in the wrong thread marge.

:)

Guest Marge

i think not :)

Guest For Whom The Bell Tolls

Robins Nest is the greatest TV show ever

i think not :)

Yes, we gathered that when you said you enjoyed Robin's Nest on DVD again and again.

:lol:

(I love being petty).

Guest For Whom The Bell Tolls

Nothing wrong with Robins Nest, go back to watching Pugwalls Summer or something.