Guest Arnold

Richard O'Sullivan

He's not that well Pulphack. His agent - on his behalf - turned down a radio play that would have involved him turning up, sitting down, and reading his part. Dickie O never got to see the script because the agent nixed the deal on the grounds of his health. Must've been the right call health wise because the agent would've been in for - probably - 15% of the fee and could have been expected to persuade yer man if he was well enough.

Nixed??? This is the Deathlist, not the front page of Variety magazine. I think MPFC you meant to say "turned down." I know they talk funny in Cumbria but nixed??? Nay lad, sort it.

If it's true that he used to read this (perhaps still does), he may just keep himself alive by sheer force of will to spite everyone on here. In the past year he's done the odd bit of work and generally bugger all else which, even for a man with his medical past, probably means that he could go on indefinitely.

Bet he doesn't get much in residuals from all those MATH and Robins Nest re-runs on Paramount, though.

Many pages ago there was a post from someone claiming to be R o's . he gave an e-mail address which turned out to be false. you will find the posts about it somewhere, about a year ao if I recall.

I'm aware that Dickie O is supposed to have had a stroke in 2006 but didn't he have some mystery illness before then? He didn't seem to do much after Dick Turpin. I'm sure there is info in the depths of this thread but I wondered if anyone knew just why he gave up acting? Did he have some kind of nervous breakdown?

I'm aware that Dickie O is supposed to have had a stroke in 2006 but didn't he have some mystery illness before then? He didn't seem to do much after Dick Turpin. I'm sure there is info in the depths of this thread but I wondered if anyone knew just why he gave up acting? Did he have some kind of nervous breakdown?

But for a little bit of work I have little to do today. To keep me from the pub, I think I'll trawl through the 127 pages to see if there's an answer.

Drink and depression took hold, especially once Tessa Wyatt saw the light and cleared off.

Anyone know how many children Richard O Sullivan has and who with?

Haven't you already asked?

Approx 22nd - 23rd post

(Watch out for these fekin' pop ups)

Haven't you already asked?

Approx 22nd - 23rd post

(Watch out for these fekin' pop ups)

Aaaa, now here was a great thread.....

.....depressing to ote that if you Google Richard O'Sullivan now the deathlist entry is nowhere on the first few pages.can't help but feel that I myself have a little bit of responsibility for the lapse....

Yeah, depressing to think also, there are newcomers posting hereabouts who have yet to appreciate the true rambling majesty of this thread.

Long live the thread they couldn't kill, or summat.

according to wikipedia his recent activities have been as follows

"O'Sullivan largely retired from public life in the late 1990s. His last appearance on television was as a guest on an episode of This Is Your Life held in honour of his Doctor... co-star George Layton (O' Sullivan had been honoured by the show previously, in 1974).

O'Sullivan suffered a stroke late in 2003. He is now living in Brinsworth House, a retirement home for actors and performers in England, run by the Entertainment Artistes Benevolent Fund. In 2006, O'Sullivan recorded commentary for the DVD release of Carry On Teacher."

*Sigh* I was hoping thought this thread had finally died.

By the way, welcome back Millwall32.

Hello. Did someone call me?

Hello. Did someone call me?

And a welcome back to yourself Pooka!

thank you HCW.

why were you anxious that this thread should die?

thank you HCW.

DIE!!!

No, 98,000 views can't be wrong, or summat.

thank you HCW.

I really think its a very boring thread, mind you, I did tend to ignore it for quite a while. I don't think RO'S is going south for a number of years yet.

your definetly entitled to your opinion, but it is by far my favourite thread.

There's something about gloating over the heatlth of formerly glamourous 1970's TV stars icurrently in care homes thyat i think is the very spirit of this forum.

There's something about gloating over the heatlth of formerly glamourous 1970's TV stars icurrently in care homes thyat i think is the very spirit of this forum.

Spot on Millwall. It's a great shame the thread is so thick because there are some real gems in here and, I think I recall, there used to be two Richard O' threads, such was his popularity. There was drama, spats, controversy. There was Pooka in the trees. All human life was here and a bit more besides. This thread is like the Olympic flame of the Deathlist.

Spot on Millwall. It's a great shame the thread is so thick because there are some real gems in here and, I think I recall, there used to be two Richard O' threads, such was his popularity. There was drama, spats, controversy. There was Pooka in the trees. All human life was here and a bit more besides. This thread is like the Olympic flame of the Deathlist.

Seconded. Should Clive Dunn go the way of all flesh (although he shouldn't because he is immortal), then Richard O'Sullivan should take his place as the resident Deathlist pick...

I read through a significant deal of this thread today and I still don't fully understand how it managed to receive this level of attention. I went back reading because I checked the statistics and it said I posted like '60 times!' and since I had no recollection, I wanted to see what the story was. I still have no idea who 'Richard O'Sullivan really is', and the best part of my contribution in this thread is my posts do not revolve around him. (It's really great). I don't even think I made one actual reference even involving Richard O'Sullivan. It's everything but Richard O'Sullivan. And the best part about it was that 'reading it' .. was like reading it for the very first time.

Richard O' Sullivan isn't real BS. We made him up, and most of the posts on this thread are coded references to the movement of Soviet intelligence personnel in western countries. But keep posting, we need the cover and I have it on good authority that the best codebreakers are still trying to find a way into your rambles.

I don't think there were ever two Dickie O threads, but there is another thread devoted just to those who live in Brinsworth House

Yeah, but things got so out of hand the 'two' Dickie threads were closed one day, until a mass outburst of students demanding access to the common room got them re-opened.

Yeah, but things got so out of hand the 'two' Dickie threads were closed one day, until a mass outburst of students demanding access to the common room got them re-opened.

I don't even remember there being two Dickie threads.

When was this?