Guest Arnold

Richard O'Sullivan

Just a thought: if someone started a thread about an individual and 12 years later you're still talking about his impending doom, it was a stupid fucking thread to begin with started by a damned fool who jumped the gun. Reminds me of the totally needless Angelina Jolie thread.

You should be chastising the person daily, not having actual discussion giving credence to the fool who posted the thread. Damn glorymongers, just want to start threads for no reason.

SC

You obviously haven't read through this thread....... or seen the "recent" pics of the guy? (2009)

Note how he's got a walking stick that looks like it's probably called a "HobblePro" or something. and a look on his face like an angry obese rat who keeps having his food stockpiles raided by squirrels. It was clearly some sort of nuclear megastroke and he's "lucky" to still be here (or... maybe unlucky).

Your latest thread-police raid is about as misplaced as one of Mr. Roper's attempts to curb the wild hedonistic lifestyles of his tenants!

• Like 4

I think the likes of MPFC, Pooka and Godot knew this, and I exclude them from my pity.

Cheers Time, much appreciated, as is the cheesy shot of Katy Manning and the Dalek (didn't that cost her the job, or summat?)

Nice to visit the old common room - Dickie O' thread - once in a while.

That was pulphack.

The photoshoot was some years after she left Dr. Who.

I think the likes of MPFC, Pooka and Godot knew this, and I exclude them from my pity.

Cheers Time, much appreciated, as is the cheesy shot of Katy Manning and the Dalek (didn't that cost her the job, or summat?)

Nice to visit the old common room - Dickie O' thread - once in a while.

That was pulphack.

The photoshoot was some years after she left Dr. Who.

So, she left him for a Dalek, then? Always the rough blokes who get the tastiest women, or summat.

Dickie's former Robin's Nest squeeze Tessa Wyatt and old mucker George Layton both appear in tomorrow's Doctors episode, obviously in a BOGOF deal. It would be great, if unlikely, to see Richard sneaked out of Brinsworth for a daytrip to Letherbridge one of these days.

Dickie's former Robin's Nest squeeze Tessa Wyatt and old mucker George Layton both appear in tomorrow's Doctors episode, obviously in a BOGOF deal. It would be great, if unlikely, to see Richard sneaked out of Brinsworth for a daytrip to Letherbridge one of these days.

He could, like, play a stroke patient.

Someone's trying to start a 'help Dickie' arsebook page.

So anyway. there's relative newcomers hereabouts wondering if the tonnage of posts on the Zsa Zsa and/or Castro thread(s) are remarkable, I thought I'd let post 2033 on this thread speak for itself.

• Like 2

So anyway. there's relative newcomers hereabouts wondering if the tonnage of posts on the Zsa Zsa and/or Castro thread(s) are remarkable, I thought I'd let post 2033 on this thread speak for itself.

True story.

When I first saw this thread (nearly a decade ago) I had never heard of the actor in question, so my first thoughts were: "Blimey, the horse racing guy is very popular here".

• Like 2

Oh aye, and - for the benefit of you newbies - one problem with the Dickie O thread here was the amount of time people kept dragging it back to the top and posting marginally relevant and inconsequential rambles, you know, like the one in this post.

• Like 1

I was hoping this thread had finally been put to rest. Cheers Maryport.

• Like 1

So you'd say you're a rambling man, MPFC?

Think on the bright side. When O'Sullivan actually dies, someone somewhere is going to read through this entire thread from the start.

Hello to annoyed guest posters and new forumites from the future - bet you're fed up right about now. Don't worry, only another few dozen pages to go now...

• Like 1

Curmudgeon. :lol:

I've got a lot to thank (or maybe curse) Richard O'Sullivan for...

If it wasn't for chance watching of the "Man About the House" film in 2005, I would not have been curious as to his current whereabouts. It was a look through Google (or was it Yahoo?) which took me to this thread on this website, without which I wouldn't have discovered the Derby Dead Pool, which I took part in in and eventually run as host.

So thanks Dickie for making every Christmas since 2009 that bit busier! :)

I've got a lot to thank (or maybe curse) Richard O'Sullivan for...

If it wasn't for chance watching of the "Man About the House" film in 2005, I would not have been curious as to his current whereabouts. It was a look through Google (or was it Yahoo?) which took me to this thread on this website, without which I wouldn't have discovered the Derby Dead Pool, which I took part in in and eventually run as host.

So thanks Dickie for making every Christmas since 2009 that bit busier! :)

I owe a lot to Tessa Wyatt.

I can't mind how I found the forum. Someone famous dying in the summer of 2008. Looking it up, it might well have been when I was using google to try and find out who Randy Pausch was.

Yer welcome, like I said on the Zsa Zsa thread, I imagined a collective groan from the admin staff at its revival. Whether the recent additions hereabouts will see this as their common room is less certain. Back when this thread was a catch all for chit-chat we lacked the threads dedicated to nothing other than how certain posters succeeding in winding each other up.

• Like 2

I remember the time this thread was locked and the anger spilled over onto wikipedia, must be almost 10 years ago.

I remember the time this thread was locked and the anger spilled over onto wikipedia, must be almost 10 years ago.

Aye, ten years or thereabouts. Boiling rage, righteous indignation and petulant sulking...we were happy then, eh?

• Like 1

Seems as good a place to ask as any, well regarded poster of the past BHB is rumoured to have died some time ago. Can anyone confirm or deny?

Seems as good a place to ask as any, well regarded poster of the past BHB is rumoured to have died some time ago. Can anyone confirm or deny?

I can neither confirm nor deny the passing of BHB.

ok, he wins....i admit it, i'm new at this but that's why i asked abut the number of posts, didn't know it was forbidden to ask....sorry, i was 10 when this thread was made

ok, he wins....i admit it, i'm new at this but that's why i asked abut the number of posts, didn't know it was forbidden to ask....sorry, i was 10 when this thread was made

Yeah, well, welcome to the old Deathlist common room.

I can't mind how I found the forum. Someone famous dying in the summer of 2008. Looking it up, it might well have been when I was using google to try and find out who Randy Pausch was.

This was the first thread I found on this site. I had this "whatever happened to Richard O'Sullivan" moment, and while trying to search for news articles, this site came up in the search.

This was the first thread I found on this site. I had this "whatever happened to Richard O'Sullivan" moment, and while trying to search for news articles, this site came up in the search.

So two hours later...

"What did happen to Richard O'Sullivan then?"

*reads*

"I think he's living in Maryport..."