Sign in to follow this  
Death Star

Charles Haughey

Banssheees I am deeply deeply (did I mention deeply) disappointed in you. Not once have you even remotely even in a most inadequate format told us of having a reefer induced dream or merely a regular dream induced from exhaustion in which Mr. Haughley had been expected to croak in a way much akin in similarity to the way expectorants are expectorated to do certain things.

If you cannot or will not keep an adequate supply of dreams going how are we here at DeathList to treat you with any real regard (or disregard for that matter)?

Sad Bansheees, quite sad in a way far far beyond the excesses of simply melancholy sadness.

I will not take the time to read your drunken, out of place words but outcomes appear in many forms. Haughley ended up dieing anyway, for Weathermans dead pool I had in in the 6th slot. 6 canidates are dead all which our men here on Deathlist. It's about time a female canidate get's the grade. I'm up for it.

Well, you ignorant sniveling twit, I was not drunk, so apparently not only are you a failure (and an abysmal one at that) in accurately predicting demise, you are incapable of answering simple questions even in snippet form. It would seem to me that you once more are having delusions of granduer, much akin to those you had that night when you boinked a thimble.

Drunk? Ha! I have not invested in that stuff for several days now....too bad you can't say the same.

Haughey had been ill for some years following a diagnosis of prostrate cancer and had appeared on DeathList on two previous occasions.

Is this some special kind of cancer I've never heard of before, or is it a very clever pun that I don't get? If the former, it's absolutely the kind of cancer that I want to die of.

(BTW - full snaps given for the prompt posting of Mr Haughey's obit)

Guest Guest

Yes, always good to find a funny thread out there on the web, I'm gonna post to it!!

Brian Lenihans' treatment fund, for the cancer of the liver (that he died from), ended up where?

In Haughey's account, he spent the money on Parisian "Charvet" shirts!

What a legend.......

Thought I'd share the above from the forum on Haughey with readers of this thread. Noticed a 'guest' posting on there with views similar to those expressed a few dozen posts back on this thread.

Incidentally, as of this post I officially REALLY need to get a life. At least I've got potential in this direction, so it's kind of fitting to achieve this milestone posting about a guy that's already - like - dead.

We seem to be well on track for 12 successes this year, I almost got used to that number! I've been around on this site for years, but I completely forgot to check whether Haughey had a DL-nomination when I saw his obit on a dutch news-site... Shame on me! Can't feel too sorry though, as I never heard of the guy before.

Anyway, DL does increase my general knowledge. I already impressed my family by telling them the true story on the Von Trapps, the details on the last Titanic-survivors and I might show off tonight by lamenting Charles Haughey, the man who lead Ireland towards a state of economic prosperity. ('What?! You never heard of him? THE Charles Haughey!')

I can't wait for Brooke Astor to pass. It would give my reputation as a trivia-master an enormous boost.

I can't wait for Brooke Astor to pass

Agreed; She's on my weatherman dead pool!

Haughey had been ill for some years following a diagnosis of prostrate cancer and had appeared on DeathList on two previous occasions.

Is this some special kind of cancer I've never heard of before, or is it a very clever pun that I don't get? If the former, it's absolutely the kind of cancer that I want to die of.

Sadly not a clever pun - just an over-reliance on that badly flawed theory that the spell checker will always get you out of trouble - I really wish Micro$oft would remove "form", "fro" and "string" from that damn thing ...and now "prostrate " of course :)

Sadly not a clever pun - just an over-reliance on that badly flawed theory that the spell checker will always get you out of trouble - I really wish Micro$oft would remove "form", "fro" and "string" from that damn thing ...and now "prostrate " of course :blink:

I understand. During my undergrad, a friend's boyfriend wrote an essay on the composer Chopin. As he wrote it at the very last minute, he auto-spell-checked it and went rushing off to the department at top speed, taking with him an essay all about chopping.

Guest Death to Niagara

All I have to say is "bitchcakes to death number 6."

Who?

Who is bitchcakes?

clapper9yr.gif

Hello my luvly!

The life's over the disgrace just keeps on comin'. Wasted on politics, he should've been a footy manager.

Irish columnist Terry Keane, who caused a scandal in 1999 when she admitted she was having an affair with Haughey, has died aged 68.