Sign in to follow this  
Death Star

Charles Haughey

Guest Gillian

He's dead buddy!!!! Died just now

One time politician devoid of morals and prospective arms dealer trying to arm up the PIRA and make a quick buck at the same time no doubt. Rotting slowly in a self indulgent soup of Irish nationalism and alcohol which always weds the two to an not untimely death which everyone else pays for and has to clear up. Will be seen in the future as a national hero when someone gets round to re-witing the "facts" of indulgent Irish nationalism. C list celebrety guest whose passing will only be remembered by the most hardened alcoholics and a few Irish "historians". Status - Unimportant fringe clown. <_<

Guest Guest

Can you give out about people after they are dead, on this site ?

Guest KOS

Well he is finally gone, an embarrasing, disgusting piece of Irish History, well I guess every country has them, he stole what he could, robbed the country blind under the yoke if "Democratically elected" Ya !!!

Well he now has to answer it for eternity.

Shame on the current crop of politicians, he escaped justice in this world. :

Charles Haughey is deathlists 6th success of 2006.

He is the 143rd success since 1987.

The 2006 list is now in 13th Place out of a possible 20 lists.

Too bad the DL didn't put him in their top 20 (DDP).

At last!!!!

MPFC posts some points on the WDP. Honest, I thought I were jinxed, like.

Guest iain

he tok his blleding time!still better late than never.Now for Suharto...

he tok his blleding time!still better late than never.Now for Suharto...

Iain,

I thought Michael Foot was your next target?

Methinks it's time for a face off Foot vs Haughey. My money is on the Mick to bite the dust first. How about the rest on yers?

I refer the honourable Iain to my earlier post on the Michael Foot thread. I'm not claiming Banshees' level psychic powers but I posted hereabouts regarding a race of death including the politicians on our top 50, thought Haughey would win it, Suharto and Foot would make the podium and Gerald Ford would read about all the above deaths in his paper.

So far, so good.

Woohoo! A second WDP hit and my first RDP of the new game! What a great way to get psyched up for an Arabic Oral Final!

And this time, it's not someone as likeable, good or young as John Tenta! Though I'd be a major hypocrite to start professing a "good riddance" attitude. I think I'll change my sig.

Congrats to everyone who had him on their lists! Not only does DL get its 6th hit, but points will abound on HDP, RDP, WDP and of course, DDP.

Guest Dia Guit
Any chance that the Four Donkeys of the Apocalyse can say "Haughey" out loud several times?

:)

This is not a shameless attempt to bump up my meagre posts tally but I have 'big it up' for Terminators excellent earlier post! :)

to bad no one in the world can stand the englich apart from themselves

Any chance that the Four Donkeys of the Apocalyse can say "Haughey" out loud several times?

:)

This is not a shameless attempt to bump up my meagre posts tally but I have 'big it up' for Terminators excellent earlier post! :)

to bad no one in the world can stand the englich apart from themselves

Thats not true.

I pledge my full support behind the englich, who ever they may be.

Charles Haughley, now the 6th death of the year. Surely this makes the future look bright for Suharto, and perhaps this triggers "3 Dead In A Week"

Thats not true.

I pledge my full support behind the englich, who ever they may be.

Might that be Frans Englich, a developer of KDE, the well know Linux desktop? OK probably not.

Haughey's death is good for the DL score and for those of us who don't like gun-running crooks to hold executive power.

Guest myles
Charles Haughley, now the 6th death of the year. Surely this makes the future look bright for Suharto, and perhaps this triggers "3 Dead In A Week"

Irish politics has changed a lot, just like a great many other things at home since I was growin' up.

Haughey always gave the people 'pause' all the while he promised the sun, moon and stars. A great example of Irish graft, along with Lenihan and the old guard of FF. I think Jack Lynch was one of the few who have been beatified from that crowd...and sure he was from Cork! Cute whoore.

The old thief has gone at last, he may have taken Irish politics to a new nadir but at least his demise has given DeathList another hit.

Like CP I also had him in my RDP team, so I'm doubly pleased. :)

Guest Guest

Hitler also did more in his lifetime than I will, but quite frankly, he can keep his achievements.

Only so far Mr Yeti. It's not over yet(i)

With his death the other day, it is now!

Hitler also did more in his lifetime than I will, but quite frankly, he can keep his achievements.

Only so far Mr Yeti. It's not over yet(i)
With his death the other day, it is now!

Come on now, he wasn't that bad (Haughey that is).

He managed to turn around the Irish economy without killing 6 million jews.

Unimportant fringe clown

Doesn't this belong on the Norman Wisdom thread?

Incidentally, one thing Haughey has certainly achieved is spawning a debate about Irish issues right here. I'm sure - wherever he is - he can take comfort in that.

Guest Guest

Surely this is just another case of someone who was a very talented politican and pretty good at his job but also a total bastard with a complete lack of morals and love of money. He is still fairly popular in Ireland though.

Banssheees I am deeply deeply (did I mention deeply) disappointed in you. Not once have you even remotely even in a most inadequate format told us of having a reefer induced dream or merely a regular dream induced from exhaustion in which Mr. Haughley had been expected to croak in a way much akin in similarity to the way expectorants are expectorated to do certain things.

If you cannot or will not keep an adequate supply of dreams going how are we here at DeathList to treat you with any real regard (or disregard for that matter)?

Sad Bansheees, quite sad in a way far far beyond the excesses of simply melancholy sadness.

Surely this is just another case of someone who was a very talented politican and pretty good at his job but also a total bastard with a complete lack of morals and love of money. He is still fairly popular in Ireland though.

In my opinion the expressions "very talented politican" and "total bastard with a complete lack of morals" mean the same.

regards,

Hein

Banssheees I am deeply deeply (did I mention deeply) disappointed in you. Not once have you even remotely even in a most inadequate format told us of having a reefer induced dream or merely a regular dream induced from exhaustion in which Mr. Haughley had been expected to croak in a way much akin in similarity to the way expectorants are expectorated to do certain things.

If you cannot or will not keep an adequate supply of dreams going how are we here at DeathList to treat you with any real regard (or disregard for that matter)?

Sad Bansheees, quite sad in a way far far beyond the excesses of simply melancholy sadness.

I will not take the time to read your drunken, out of place words but outcomes appear in many forms. Haughley ended up dieing anyway, for Weathermans dead pool I had in in the 6th slot. 6 canidates are dead all which our men here on Deathlist. It's about time a female canidate get's the grade. I'm up for it.