Doesn't Elton John have one?

He got one in 1999.

Err.. MPFC, Dale Evans died in 2001

Sorry, shouldn't trust everything you read online eh?

I dreamt about Gerald Ford the other night. It was an odd dream too. In it, Mr. Ford and I were on a beach discussing plate tectonics when there suddenly was a cloud burst. He was much agrieved by the situation as he had not expected to get his favorite suit wet.

As I said it was an odd dream. He did not die in the dream and actually looked much younger and healthier than he had in years.

Just thought I would mention it.

I dreamt about Gerald Ford the other night. It was an odd dream too. In it, Mr. Ford and I were on a beach discussing plate tectonics when there suddenly was a cloud burst. He was much agrieved by the situation as he had not expected to get his favorite suit wet.

As I said it was an odd dream. He did not die in the dream and actually looked much younger and healthier than he had in years.

You know, he looked younger and healthier in my dream too. Perhaps Gerald Ford is a more powerful being than we had previously imagined. Perhaps he, like Cthulhu, can invade our minds when we sleep and he's using his powers to convince us that he's young and robust for whatever sick, twisted purposes he has.

You know, he looked younger and healthier in my dream too. Perhaps Gerald Ford is a more powerful being than we had previously imagined. Perhaps he, like Cthulhu, can invade our minds when we sleep and he's using his powers to convince us that he's young and robust for whatever sick, twisted purposes he has.

Aiiiii Yog Sothoth!!

Aiiiii Yog Sothoth!!

Tis that the language of a blessed soul but a young appearence?

Speaking Vice presidents... John Nance "Cactus Jack" Garner died at 98 years old and actually spoke to Kennedy the day he was assassinated. It was over the telephone in regard to the upcoming 1964 Presidential campaign. He vowed to support Kennedy's bid as long as he himself was alive...

Just like they died so will Ford. Wouldn't it be a couincidence if Gerald Ford died the same day you were banned?

... to keep him alive-its a battle that the doctors are destined to lose.

And this year's "No Sh*t, Sherlock!" award goes to...

All the medical staff can do is to try and delay this inevitability for as long a spossible,but my guess is that his sharp redent declin means that his end canot be delayed by much more than a few months.

Few months?

I'm one week left on my Rotten.com site account with 6 out of 10 hits and 2nd place (and down) has only 4 out of 10, and Ford is hanging on very well for a 93 year old I'm thinking that either Ronnie Biggs or Charlton Heston will go before him!

PS My Lotus Elise died tonight - hole in the radiator that's going to cost me at least £130+vat. Boo-Who :lol:

With this angioplasty it is now apparent that Ford and his family are putting up a good fight for him to stay alive. My guess is however that declining health such as this, he has no more than a few weeks left at the most.

PS My Lotus Elise died tonight - hole in the radiator that's going to cost me at least £130+vat. Boo-Who :lol:

Mmm, Lotus Elise!

£130 is nothing for keeping an Elise on the road. Pay the man and drive the bugger like you stole it.

... to keep him alive-its a battle that the doctors are destined to lose.

And this year's "No Sh*t, Sherlock!" award goes to...

You?

It's a struggle but there's no hard evidence he's gannin' down that quick. David - angioplasty - Bowie didn't and given his cocaine problem and Ford's relative good health their hearts are probably not so far apart in condition.

Guest Guest

I'm guessing that Ford has suffered at least one heart attack i nthe last few weeks, possibly when he went ot the Colorado hospital. A pacemaker and angioplasty, particularly the latter are evidence of this. My great uncle had the same thing happen to him and he lived only a month.

Dunno, Ford will have access to private medical care and better check ups than us plebs could hope to match. It's possible both moves are prevention measures and he's suffered no attacks, meaning his 93 year old heart muscle is - well - old but still gannin'.

Dunno, Ford will have access to private medical care and better check ups than us plebs could hope to match. It's possible both moves are prevention measures and he's suffered no attacks, meaning his 93 year old heart muscle is - well - old but still gannin'.

Ford is a 93 year old death tease, the old f****r should have died months ago. He clearly has no consideration for others who have him in their Dead Pools. Typical of a former US President, Me. Me, Me.

Guest haveyoudrivenafordlately?

Come on guys, Gerald Ford has been on the DEATHLIST 6 times now - 1997, 2001, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006... If you leave him on long enough eventually you will be able to check him off. He's just hanging on now to piss you off! It is obvious he is not in any hurry to take any more crap from Richard Nixon!

Cheers

This is one for the stattos then obviously, but where does that place him in the all time survivors list, i.e. the list of those who've appeared most on a list without dropping dead?

This is an intersting situation and hard to read (in part because his condition is still being kept relatively secret from us). On one hand its not a good thing if a 93 year old man has been hosptalized four times in the past year and the result is that he required a pacemaker and an angioplasty, that shows there must be some serious chronic problem that had to be addressed ASAP meaning he could be near death and this is just a desparate attempt to save him, on the other hand as a former president he is clearly getting some of the best health care in the world at the Mayo Clinic and that alone may keep him going for awhile wheras joe blow 93 year old man would probably just keel over at your average local hospital when your typical novice nurse steps out of the room.

As of today Gerald Ford has been in the hospital for 13 days and under went two operations, he has never been hospitalized this long, not when he had his stroke back in 2000, not when he was hospitalized for pnemonia in January. He is probably undergoing some kind of rehab for chronic congestive heart failure. Even if he doesnt die any day now there is a possibility he might be in the hospital for a long time and at this point pretty much requires medical care 24/7. Now you cant just put an ex-president in a nursing home, but Ford has practically been living in a hosptial lately anyways. That photo-op he had when Bush visited him in April will probably remembered as the last public apperance by Ford and the amoung the last pictures taken of him, at least pictures the public can see.

I would keep my eye on this one if I were you people, anything from his immediate death to release from the hospital could happen. I believe this is the longest single period a president has been hospitalized since Harry Truman's deathbed hospitalization in December 1972 which lasted 21 days. I have dug pretty deep on my presidential trivia here and just looking at the living presidents and the presidents that died recently (Nixon, Reagan) and none of them spent this much time in the hospital ever. As a presidential trivia buff with a morbid fascination with the circumstances of presidential deaths I must say that Ford's decline is very similar to that of Herbert Hoover's, Dwight Eisenhower's and Harry Truman's, they were all under constant medical care their last few weeks alive and just had chronic failure after chronic failure until something just gave out. It seems the same thing might have happened to Reagan as well with the pnemonia that actually did him in but details about his final weeks and days are somewhat sketchy and private. I think Ford is going that route right now.

Good work Chicago, your arrival on this site was well timed. Your post above a superb summary.

Guest iain

Wikinews has an article reporting the death of Gerald Ford .

before oyu get too excited though,I have to point out that this is a prepared article.Its ther in expectation that the event wil happen soon.Interesting dont you think?It would seem that the death of President Ford is indeed imminent and expected.

Wikipedia has an article reporting the death of Gerald Ford .

before oyu get too excited though,I have to point out that this is a prepared article.Its ther in expectation that the event wil happen soon.Interesting dont you think?It would seem that the death of President Ford is indeed imminent and expected.

The BBC prepared for the Queen Mother's death for almost 20 years, so it means nothing.

I notice in the history of that Wiki page that it was created almost a year ago.

Iain man, the stage is set for a slow lingering death and you have to ensure his long term survival by predicting he'll croak right away.

Saw Michael Foot down the gym this afternoon, I would have hung around but it's embarrassing for an average guy like me to watch a guy in his nineties bench press twice his own bodyweight.