Guest Stumby
I kind of doubt this latest tale. But I would advise DL to keep Mr. Ford on for 2006. We need at least one former U.S. president and  I feel that Gerald Ford is our best bet.

Nonbeleivers.......

Ford admited to hospital

:P

I kind of doubt this latest tale. But I would advise DL to keep Mr. Ford on for 2006. We need at least one former U.S. president and  I feel that Gerald Ford is our best bet.

Nonbeleivers.......

Ford admited to hospital

:P

We may be non-believers, but at least we can read what was posted in the forums.

Banshees, your news source looks about middle of the road between MSN and CNN. This could be very interesting...

Well this has turned into a major critical analysis over nothing.

I've taught you well. :P

Guest iain

im hearing reports that he mayhave suffered another stroke

Guest Guest

I'm guessing at 92 with a bad cold, this may be turning into pneumonia and that is why he has been hospitalized. Pneumonia kills a lot of old people.

Surprise, surprise.

Another claim with no evidence from iain.

:)

Surprise, surprise.

Another claim with no evidence from iain.

;)

:) - Don't think too soon Windsor, to your suprise he will end up

reporting some major death.

Guest Guest

He may have gone home, but that doesn't mean he is well. If a 92 year old man has to go to the hospital over a cold, it sounds more like the begining stage of bronchinal pneumonia which is a leading killer of the elderly in this country. Gerald Ford may have gone home to die and could still turn out to be #13 for 2005 deathlist.

I do think we are looking too much into this:

Ford, 92, has been suffering from a cold, but he went to the Eisenhower Medical Center in Rancho Mirage, California, for tests that have been scheduled for some time

I think that what we have is a man going for a routine check up who happens to have a cold. I doubt its life threatening even given his age.

I must correct you here Winnie.......at 92 everything is a possible cause for alarm.....his lungs have been used for years and are no longer as vibrant as they wonce were. so a cold could be the sneeze of death for him.

Or not.

I sort of agree with both of you. On one hand, Windsor does have a point that we're getting mighty active over what really seemed like nothing. On the other, Mr. Brimley is correct that a person at such an age and with such frailty is more susceptible to things that persons such as ourselves could easily laugh off. What I pull from all that is that we should keep him on the 2006 DL, but that there's nothing particularly about this situation that makes me think he'll be #13.

I disagree. Ninety-two is a good age but not that old if you're not cancerous and have a good ticker. If he's keeping up with the tabs he could be good for another year or two. He's well down my list. I'm focusing for 2006 on certain cancers - not prostate, breast (first time) or skin. Stomach, brain (not benign) lung and anything spreading goes to the top of my list.

I disagree. Ninety-two is a good age but not that old if you're not cancerous and have a good ticker. If he's keeping up with the tabs he could be good for another year or two. He's well down my list. I'm focusing for 2006 on certain cancers - not prostate, breast (first time) or skin. Stomach, brain (not benign) lung and anything spreading goes to the top of my list.

Cancers are definetely a good bet. And I agree, if what they were saying about him being in perfect health for a 92 year old was true, I wouldn't reccomend him either. But he's had a whole slew of health problems including several strokes, and he hasn't attended any of the normal ex-presidental functions (IE. swearing in of G.W.B., Republican convention) since Reagan's funeral.

He's pretty down on my list too, but that's more because of personal feeling, not facts. And since GR does all the choosing, my personal feeling doesn't mean diddly-squat to him. Facts on the other hand, might.

By saying that, by the way, I am implying that it means less than diddly-squat. Let's not get started on that again... ;)

I found the diddly squat debate too complicated. I've tried out a "cancer only" list in the Hartlepool Deadlypool and have submitted a more general list (if they allow it) to see which might work best.

Welcome to the Deathlist Cancer Convention of 2005..... ;)

And to think all this stemmed from a common cold.

I'm all stapled in my Nipples

I could have sworn this said, 'It all started in Naples' last time I looked....

Looks like it's the work of the rogue moderator - or perhaps I'm losing my marbles.

Looks like it's the work of the rogue moderator - or perhaps I'm losing my marbles.

Well it sure as hell would make more sense... I was trying to figure that one out... unless the hotness that is Gerald Ford causes our Mr. Brimley suddenly felt the urge to declare his sexual fetishes? ;)

I do believe you are right......I never had my nipples stapled not even when I was in Naples napping on napped suede or nipping on nectarines You are not loising your marbles Windsor Knot now not ever.

On the other hand, it appears that I'm not the only one who thinks he'll live longer than at least one other ex-president. Nothing to back this up, but I think it'll be Bush Sr.

Evidence against your arguement.

....... I'm not the only one who thinks he'll live longer than at least one ex-president.

ACtually Paulie, I think I may live longer than a few former Presidents as well.....

already outlived Nixon, Kennedy, Truman, Johnson, Reagan and Eisenhower :P .

Alright alright, one MORE ex-president.

Seriously Mr. Brimley, we need to find you something to do with all your time. :P