marinade

Tony Wilson

I´m on holiday at the moment. Carnage usually ensues among celebrities when that happens. :rolleyes:

That is really sad news. He was undoubtedly the best British Rock Music manager ever.(Don't bring up Messrs Epstein and McLaren to me).I think my favourite story about him is the band he liked but never signed called Barabus. So called because the could ask the crowd "Who do want?" . to which they would reply "We ant Barabus".

Guest Guest

I´m on holiday at the moment. Carnage usually ensues among celebrities when that happens. :rolleyes:

That is really sad news. He was undoubtedly the best British Rock Music manager ever.(Don't bring up Messrs Epstein and McLaren to me).I think my favourite story about him is the band he liked but never signed called Barabus. So called because the could ask the crowd "Who do want?" . to which they would reply "We ant Barabus".

I'm not sure I follow the Barabus bits, are there words missing or am I just missing the boat?

I'm not sure I follow the Barabus bits, are there words missing or am I just missing the boat?

I didn't get it either. But I agree with the above sentiments, a shame that he's gone.

Wasn't Barabus the murderer released at the crowd's request by Pilate instead of Jesus?

I tried to find a link but Bible Gateway isn't co-operating and the Wiki page refers to a type of car.

Anyway it isn't, "we want Barabus", it's "release Barabus". It says so in "The Life of Brian" :rolleyes:

oh well that makes my list for next year shorter

That is indeed sad, he was part of the fabric of late 20th century British music, even though he could be a right twat at times. No TW=no Factory/Hacienda etc etc. :rolleyes:

Well said Arry. :lol:

Only Alan Erasmus remains from Factory records....

Martin Hannett died in 1991

Rob Gretton died in 1999

Anthony Wilson died in 2007....

:rip:

Rob Gretton died in 1999

:P

And Peter Saville

Guest themaninblackcannotgetin

Rob Gretton died in 1999

:P

And Peter Saville

Oh yeah....and Peter Saville!

:lol:

Rob Gretton died in 1999

:referee:

And Peter Saville

Oh yeah....and Peter Saville!

;)

Inspired popbitch to do a whole death-related issue this week which is a very interesting read, although rather long to copy/paste here and only available by email I think. so cant link to it. Also it referes to some other deathlist site i've never heard of, but not this one.