Death Star

Arthur C Clarke

Is Clarke the scientist famous for his projections into future generations, also his theory about travel and time or at least 'doin it'?

Guest Guest

As someone who has seen that word far too many times in the papers due to the Massachusetts Priest abuse scandal, it is spelled pedophile.

"Paedophile" is quite a popular spelling in many parts of the civilised world.

How is his Sri Lankan beach-hut after the Christmas Tsunami? Did Mr C. Clarke have time to wave the kids goodbye I wonder?

Good point,

if someone were to die at the end of one year but their death is not announced until the beginning of the next, whats the Deathlist Position?

Stewards Enquiry?

Were Mr. C.Clarke to have perished in the awful disaster on Boxing Day, but due to a total breakdown in communications in Sri Lanka news of his passing is delayed until New Year, would DL score?

How is his Sri Lankan beach-hut after the Christmas Tsunami? Did Mr C. Clarke have time to wave the kids goodbye I wonder?

Tsk, I dunno, kids these days... One wave and they're gone.

Guest Guest_satboy

He was found out at sea clinging onto a buoy

Guest michael

hi there do you have arthurs address as im a big fan of his in particular his science fiction articles on rimming

love michael

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

hi there do you have arthurs address as im a big fan of his in particular his science fiction articles on rimming

Maybe you'd be interested in getting stuck into Larry Niven's Ringworld then ixion?

I always believed 'rimming' was something between consenting adults.

love michael

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

rimming!?

Now please tell me you don't mean what I think you mean!

Arthur C. Clarke must be a dirty old sod and no mistake!

I think that was the general gist of the post Cap'n.

Forgive my naivité.

Anyone would think I lived at the South Pole :banghead:

I might as well say it before someone else does.

Is that rimming beyond Uranus ?

Guest Guest_ixion

ive heard its a sh*t place

So is Arthur C Clarke a good possibility for '06?

In November he was awarded Sri Lanka's highest civillian honour.

I guess they're not exactly spoilt for choice re celebs in Sri Lanka.

So is Arthur C Clarke a good possibility for '06?

In November he was awarded Sri Lanka's highest civillian honour.

I guess they're not exactly spoilt for choice re celebs in Sri Lanka.

Windsor, you'll be happy to know that I have personally submitted your name to Sri Lanka's award committee. Your mastery of the swimming arts will not be forgotten!

As for keeping this thread on topic, I'm not so sure why he's such a popular pick for deadpools. He's still publishing and is completely healthy (no heart attacks, strokes, illnesses etc.) save for that he suffered from polio (or perhaps he enjoyed it, how the hell should I know?). Anyhow, the point is that he seems to me like the "old guy who everyone thinks will die for no particular reason." However you all want to take this information is up to you.

Apparentely I was mistaken. Turns out that he's had health issues for quite some time now and he's confined to a wheelchair. Perhaps he has more to offer than being just another old guy...

Also, we should merge the other Arthur C. Clarke search problem into this one perhaps?

Isn't he only in the wheelchair because of the polio?

Yes, post-polio syndrome has confined him to a wheelchair. It's not the worst afflication you could have, but it's certainly not a good thing to have been suffering from for the last 17 years. Also, in 2000, he was unable to personally receive his knighthood in London for health reasons. He sounds like he's fading slowly... perhaps too slowly for DL's tastes? That's up to GR I suppose.

Then again, I decided at the last moment to switch someone else out for him for my 2006 DDP, and I'm very prone to making a mistake or two that seems very obvious in retrospect... :sicktherm:

cant see him meeting his maker in 2006 . Being stuck in a wheelchair and waited on hand and foot makes for a long lingering existence , I'd say .

Shame really.....

Just look at chris reeves

sorry, bad example.

That does bring up a very relevant point. Reeves was 35 years younger than Clarke, living with one of the world's most advanced wheelchairs, with some of the best care in the world, in one of the most medically advanced nations in the world. He was wiped out rather quickly from that pressure wound. Granted, he was paralyzed and Mr. Clarke isn't, but it's always a possibility when living in Sri Lanka.

Not that I'm really out to change any minds, just to justify my last minute change. I wouldn't particularily reccomend him for DL at all.