Teddy

Clive Dunn

As a long-time lurker, I felt compelled to register myself as a commentator, and to register my dismay and disappointment that no one remembered it was Clive's birthday was on Sunday.

:burnash:

Happy belated birthday Clive, you old tease!!

:party:

I hope you all feel suitably ashamed.

Actually I saw it mentioned in the paper. He's a 91 year old tease.

Which means his age on the list is now twice as wrong as it was...

(btw, having spent part of my childhood on holiday near Maryport, I can only agree with your sig. Silloth, on the other hand, rocked.)

Which means his age on the list is now twice as wrong as it was...

(btw, having spent part of my childhood on holiday near Maryport, I can only agree with your sig. Silloth, on the other hand, rocked.)

Corporal Jones is now as old as the the part he played in Dad's Army. Good one Clive - there's only you, Pikey, Warden Hodges, Mrs Fox & the Vicar left!

I think it's largely due to his ubiquity on here that people are aware that he is actually still alive!

Corporal Jones is now as old as the the part he played in Dad's Army. Good one Clive - there's only you, Pikey, Warden Hodges, Mrs Fox & the Vicar left!

My guess is that he'll outlast them all (including Pike) and be the last to go.

Good on you Clive and (very) belated 91st birthday wishes to you. :wheelchair:

Wonder if we'll get a BBC4 "Tears Behind The Laughter" docudrama in the style of the ones about Hattie Jacques, Kenneth Williams and Wilfrid Brambell when Dunn carks it.

Wonder if we'll get a BBC4 "Tears Behind The Laughter" docudrama in the style of the ones about Hattie Jacques, Kenneth Williams and Wilfrid Brambell when Dunn carks it.

Has there been any controversy in Dunns life? Did he look for 'friendship' in toilets? Did his wife take in a 'lodger'?

Has there been any controversy in Dunns life? Did he look for 'friendship' in toilets? Did his wife take in a 'lodger'?

He did sing "Grandad" which somehow made it to #1!

Pretty sure it's legally impossible to libel the dead, so they could go to town.

Alternatively, maybe it could be the story of a man's quest to battle his own mortality despite the second Google result for him being a bunch of people talking about when he's gonna exeunt.

Pretty sure it's legally impossible to libel the dead, so they could go to town.

Alternatively, maybe it could be the story of a man's quest to battle his own mortality despite the second Google result for him being a bunch of people talking about when he's gonna exeunt.

If he'd taken off to Spain rather than Portugal then maybe there would be something suspect

We all know Clive Dunn will never die so I feel this is a wasted entry on the Deathlist. :banghead:

He may have survived being a POW and be one of the sole survivors of Dad's Army but he can't outrun the reaper forever...

I'm fascinated by how he generates so much interest on here, in spite of the fact that he has been retired for almost 3 decades and been little heard from since, contrast this with Anna Wing who continues to make fairly regular appearances and is several years closer to receiving a Royal telegram (and/or her maker perhaps???).

We all know Clive Dunn will never die so I feel this is a wasted entry on the Deathlist. :banghead:

He may have survived being a POW and be one of the sole survivors of Dad's Army but he can't outrun the reaper forever...

I'm fascinated by how he generates so much interest on here, in spite of the fact that he has been retired for almost 3 decades and been little heard from since, contrast this with Anna Wing who continues to make fairly regular appearances and is several years closer to receiving a Royal telegram (and/or her maker perhaps???).

"50. Clive Dunn, Death List Favourite"

It's in the title.

I have not clicked on this because I saw it was a YouTube link, not a BBC one. I rather suspect that the date on which you posted is relevant to your post :o

It'll happen one day, but not today.

Ever hear of The Boy Who Cried Wolf?

Guest Phil Triggs

Seven years later, and he's still alive?

Come back in another 7 years for a progress report...

Come back in another 7 years for a progress report...

Indeed. There's a reason he's our favourite candidate.

regards,

Hein

When he does finally go, those endless repeats of Dad's Army should at least fund a decent sized send-off