VSBfromH

London 2012 Olympics

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/ap/20070604/img/p...d6a1ee5710.html

Go on, you know you want to...

Personally, I reckon it looks like something a mad Spaniard might come up with!

At first I thought maybe there is a slight whiff of cunning design, the 2 looking vaguely like Britain the 0 like Australia, after that I drew a blank. Even the two 2s are different.

The worst thing is that they've probably paid a or six or seven figure fee for some tosser conceptual design consultant to sit on their arse for several months then tell their three year old kid to piss around in the MS Windows paint application for 20 minutes and voila. Though I think that is a little unfair on the three year olds of Britain.

I gave it the wooden spoon,along with around 83% of the voters thus far.

Someone on the BBC's "Have your say" likened it to Lisa Simpson giving Bart a blowjob.

Personally, I prefer the first logo.

Besides, London will be hosting something even more special than the Olympics in 2012 - the Queen's Diamond Jubilee.

The last Olympic Games took place in London in 1948.

The last Diamond Jubilee was celebrated in 1897.

I'll probably live to see another British Olympics, but not another Diamond Jubilee (assuming she makes it).

I was always totally crap at art at school, so gave it up. When I started in computing, I thought "hey, maybe computers will make it possible for a numpty like me to design great art!". No such luck! I would play around with fancy colours and typefaces for hours, and the result would still come out looking like a sack of shite - basically like the London 2012 Olympics Logo. Maybe I designed it when I was pissed and don't remember. Where's my money, Mr. Coe?

...and here is what the general public have come up with for nothing.

If this is the "first one" you were refering to Windsor I am with you. The icon street sign (number 6) is also good but unfortunately no olympic rings. I also like the idea of using a tube line map but not the one that was sent in (number 10) thus bringing me back to number 1.

Someone on the BBC's "Have your say" likened it to Lisa Simpson giving Bart a blowjob.

I can see what they mean

I'm sorry. That's awful.

Guest Hang Seb Coe Now
I'm sorry. That's awful.

No apology or commiseration necessary. It's sh*t. I didn't even realise it was supposed to say 2012; it's just a collection of annoying shapes.

I don't know...it reminds of something...............Ah! I've got it!

_42348232_tiswas_203.jpg

:)

• Like 1

I missed that episode, which DVD is it on?

Incidentally I concur; if only because that logo sucks (arf arf), oi stop throwing stuff!

2012 is a lifetime away. I always visualized myself getting married that year, apparently as things stand now the statistics are low. Let's not worry about the Olympics, if you dwell on something to much, once you have it the thrill is gone.

I meant this one:

London.jpg

I meant this one:

London.jpg

Is that the shape of the Thames? *Runs off to look at map in detail*

Apparently they've admitted that most of the feedback is negative - but is it too late to change?

Edit - As in the bit near the burnt out Cutty Sark

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/ap/20070604/img/p...d6a1ee5710.html

Go on, you know you want to...

Personally, I reckon it looks like something a mad Spaniard might come up with!

At first I thought maybe there is a slight whiff of cunning design, the 2 looking vaguely like Britain the 0 like Australia, after that I drew a blank. Even the two 2s are different.

The worst thing is that they've probably paid a or six or seven figure fee for some tosser conceptual design consultant to sit on their arse for several months then tell their three year old kid to piss around in the MS Windows paint application for 20 minutes and voila. Though I think that is a little unfair on the three year olds of Britain.

I gave it the wooden spoon,along with around 83% of the voters thus far.

I didn't have a three year old to hand, so I scrawled one out myself.

spacer120lf7.gif2012a50pcuq1.png

On second thoughts, I might submit it as a logo design for the A-Z Map of London. :):P:crossbone:

Revised versions:

spacer120lf7.gifuntitled50pccac7.pnguntitled2012bst0.png etc, etc, etc...

Even more back of the envelope deisgns, finished in 20 minutes, that are better than the 12 month 400 grand embarassment we are lumped with.

If anyone knows of one of those non effective petition type things please post it here so I can sign it from every available IP address computer at my disposal. Every little helps as they say at Tescos.

Has anyone said that the new logo is a bag of shite?

Oh, about 6 million people so far.

DWB :)

The petition to change the logo now has 30,000+ signatures. We should all do the Olympics (and London) a favor and sign it.

Petition

The petition to change the logo now has 30,000+ signatures. We should all do the Olympics (and London) a favor and sign it.

Petition

Job done.

In the words of Lord Kitchener "Your country needs you" to sign that petition. Though I doubt it will change anything.

Some on the petition have noted that when the sharp edges are smoothed out, the logo looks sexual. Any thoughts?

Medium-pink-yellow.png

Guest Hermann Rorschach
Some on the petition have noted that when the sharp edges are smoothed out, the logo looks sexual. Any thoughts?

Medium-pink-yellow.png

Es macht mir Sebastian Coe in seinem Augenhöhle ficken willen.