DevonDeathTrip

From Cleric To Relic

BBC Link for Christodoulos...

now that Suharto and Christodoulos have gone, I'll have to find a hobby :rolleyes:

Please make it:Patriarch Pavle of Serbia

I second that

• Like 1

Guest Guest_dave_*

Does this guy count as a major religious leader?

Now that Christodoulos has gone, I'd say that Pope Shenouda III of Alexandria will be the next to go. He's currently in hospital, in Ohio of all places, after falling ill on a visit to the American Coptic Orthodox community.

Now that Christodoulos has gone, I'd say that Pope Shenouda III of Alexandria will be the next to go. He's currently in hospital, in Ohio of all places, after falling ill on a visit to the American Coptic Orthodox community.

I used that same excuse myself back in '98 to avoid giving a project status update to my boss. It's the sort of excuse you can only use once per employer.

Latest on Patriarch Pavle (Feb 4th article) Not good news for those teams that selected him in the DDP.

Patriarch Pavle alert, stable

He is alert, communicative, and actively cooperates during therapy and rehabilitation, the doctors added.

The statement explained that Pavle's health was stable in that infections and blood clots, present when he was admitted to hospital, are now not detected.

The Archbishop of Mosul, Paulos Faraj Rahho, leader of Iraq's Catholic community, has been kidnapped by an armed gang as he was leaving church. :) If he ends up in the hands of Al-Qaeda affiliated groups, his status as a senior infidel might place him in serious difficulties. Should he happen to have his head chopped off, he would be the first Archbishop to suffer this fate since William Laud was executed at the Tower Of London in 1645.

The Archbishop of Mosul, Paulos Faraj Rahho, leader of Iraq's Catholic community, has been kidnapped by an armed gang as he was leaving church. :) If he ends up in the hands of Al-Qaeda affiliated groups, his status as a senior infidel might place him in serious difficulties. Should he happen to have his head chopped off, he would be the first Archbishop to suffer this fate since William Laud was executed at the Tower Of London in 1645.

Well that's something to be proud of at least... :angry:

The Right Reverend Kevin Dunn, the Catholic Bishop of Hexham and Newcastle, is in intensive care, very ill with pneumonia.

The life of Kevin Dunn is done.

Sweet. Time to dust off the Accuracy International and start picking off the numerous cattylickers from my local council estate who will, no doubt, be making their shell-suited, Mary-hailing, Friday-fish-eating way to the local sinagogue. If we're lucky, the BBC might turn up and film a Songs Of Praise special from the abbey.

No change.....although nothing that I have read says that he is getting better or will ever get out of the hospital.

Patriarch Pavle's health stable6 March 2008 | 19:27 | Source: Tanjug BELGRADE -- The health of His Holiness Patriarch Pavle is stable, said a VMA team of doctors today.

The statement carried by the Serbian Orthodox Church, SPC, information service pointed out that Patriarch Pavle is showing good communication and cooperation during his treatment at the military clinic, VMA.

"The therapy program is continuing in consultation with the members of the team," said the statement.

The 94-year-old head of the SCP was admitted to hospital in November last year.

Paulos Faraj Rahho, Chaldean Catholic archbishop found dead

It looks his captors let him keep his head, even if they did fill it with bullets.

It's not a very regular occurrence for an Archbishop to be shot, I think the last was the Archbishop Of Cali in Colombia, who was assassinated in 2002 - he was so righteous that he annoyed left wingers, right wingers and drug dealers, someone was bound to shoot him before too long.

The the first hierarch of the Russian Orthodox Church Outside Russia, Metropolitan Laurus, is dead, his brother Waterloo and City has announced.

This is a pain, mind. All these crashing clerics and Ian Cundy seems to be lasting better than was expected.

This is a pain, mind. All these crashing clerics and Ian Cundy seems to be lasting better than was expected.

Relax Mary, we are only in March. Rev Ian Cundy is on borrowed time in my book. Patience is the game and I expect a very explosive April\May coming in our direction.

While a tribute was being paid, it wasn't for the Right Rev Ian Cundy. The memorial service itself was held in honor of the Duke of Buccleuch, who croaked in September of last year. The good news is he was in attendance and we have a source which not only provides a recent image, but a short video of Cundy 'last man up the steps' with a cane. According to his website the disease was caught in it's early stages but you can't pass on the fact that his energy is limited on result of his treatment.

While a tribute was being paid, it wasn't for the Right Rev Ian Cundy. The memorial service itself was held in honor of the Duke of Buccleuch, who croaked in September of last year. The good news is he was in attendance and we have a source which not only provides a recent image, but a short video of Cundy 'last man up the steps' with a cane. According to his website the disease was caught in it's early stages but you can't pass on the fact that his energy is limited on result of his treatment.

Er, I don't think he's using the cane for support, Banshees! That's a crosier, a bit of religious insignia which comes with the job. ;)

I don't think he is going to die this year, he looked ok in the video and the type of cancer he has - mesothelioma - attacks the lining of the lung, rather than the lung itself and can take several years to become fatal. His condition is incurable and he is in my DDP team as well (I'll always have a place in my team for religious leaders :) ), but I'd wager he'll still be with us come the new year.

I concur with my esteemed colleague DDT on this matter, a depressing site for those of us intent on see 'the cund' deliver points this year.

I feel for you also DDT over the fact that Salisbury's 2-0 victory last night did Exeter some damage. Still make the play offs though, right?

That's a crosier, a bit of religious insignia which comes with the job. ;)

A crozier is indeed a crook.

AdamCrozierDM_228x426.jpg

• Like 1

I concur with my esteemed colleague DDT on this matter, a depressing site for those of us intent on see 'the cund' deliver points this year.

I feel for you also DDT over the fact that Salisbury's 2-0 victory last night did Exeter some damage. Still make the play offs though, right?

Of course we will! Exeter have a proud history of losing to clubs fighting relegation, I'm more than confident that we'll make up the five point gap to the play offs and vanquish the Great Satan - Torquay- at Wembley in the final. It is our destiny.