DevonDeathTrip

From Cleric To Relic

Of course we will! Exeter have a proud history of losing to clubs fighting relegation

Salisbury fighting relegation!?!?!?!?! :):angry::angry::angry:

Why, I ought to deduct you 50 points on the DDP for gross insubordination!!! :P

They're just outside the play-offs! It's been a wonderful year for them.. truly wonderful. They've made me proud, unlike my "normal" team. ;)

Sorry for the off-topic reply, but MPFC started it. Again. So ner.

• Like 1

At the risk of posting on a topic that may appear elsewhere (I did a search, honest), is it too much to hope for Warren Jeffs to brew up his own brand of Jim Jones kool aid, and drink the whole batch himself?

Underage sects

If Al Qaeda are looking for a new target that represents something hideously wrong with a side of US culture, perhaps the CIA could send them a detailed map of Schleicher County, Texas.

• Like 1

It is with heavy heart that I must announce the death of Mexico's top cardinal, Ernesto Corripio Ahumada. I'm getting quite into posting these irrelevant religious carkings, but I'll leave the health reports of the still-living to the Devonian master himself.

Cardinal Alfonso Lopez Trujillo, the Vatican's pro-life extremist who has made statements such as condoms were no guarantee against AIDS and that relying on them was like "betting on your own death" is deadon result of various health issues. In this day in age, it's people like this who truly who need to be ignored.

The Most Archbishop Lawrence Burke, Archbishop of Kingston and President of The Antilles Episcopal Conference, is stepping down because he is suffering from cancer. He's one of the most influential religious figures in the Carribbean and I reckon The Times or The Telegraph would give him a UK obit.

Interview with Archbishop Burke, he has colon cancer which has spread to his lungs, he mentions that it might also spread to his liver. :rolleyes:

I reckon The Times or The Telegraph would give him a UK obit.

I reckon he's a poolofdeath star in the making.

His Holiness Dr. Syedna Mohammed Burhanuddin, head of the the Dawoodi Bohra faith, is reported to be celebrating his 97th birthday this week. His Wiki page says he is a mere 93, but he does look pretty ancient. He might be obscure, but he is a leader and religious leaders get obits.

The Dawoodi Bohras form a tiny Islamic minority, based in India, there are less then 50 000 worldwide.

His Holiness Dr. Syedna Mohammed Burhanuddin, head of the the Dawoodi Bohra faith, is reported to be celebrating his 97th birthday this week. His Wiki page says he is a mere 93, but he does look pretty ancient. He might be obscure, but he is a leader and religious leaders get obits.

The Dawoodi Bohras form a tiny Islamic minority, based in India, there are less then 50 000 worldwide.

Before I cleaned up his Wikipedia page a while back, you would have thought this man was next prophet. Apparently he's quite well known, which should translate into an obit.... I would point out, however, that the faith itself is somewhat obscure... so don't count on the fact that he's a religious leader alone for this one.

Prayers are certainly pouring for the Right Rev Ian Cundy. This detailed article explains his intense chemotherapy treatments along with the faith he encourages for others who are struggling with their health. He says '"I may have years rather than months, but I would rather not know. Some other people might actually be interested in knowing, but for this year, the probability of his demise doesn't sound very convincing.

Serbian bishops assume reins from Patriarch Pavle

link

Belgrade - Feuding Serbian bishops said Saturday that they had declared Patriarch Pavle too ill to run the Serbian Orthodox Church. The Holy Bishop Synod, a conference of bishops running the church, declared Pavle incapacitated against his will.

Pavle, 93, has been hospitalized since November.

The church's internet site said that the synod assumed all authority from the patriarch, who refused to release the reins earlier this week and threw the bishops who visited him out of his room in the Belgrade military hospital.

The patriarch is elected to a lifelong term by the Sabor, the church parliament.

Pavle took over from the terminally ill Patriarch German in 1990, whom doctors declared unable to carry out his duties shortly before his death.

Pope Shenouda of Alexandria has undergone surgery in Cleveland to repair a broken thigh bone suffered in a fall at his Cairo home.

Considering that most of the latest Archbishops you've talked about are already at their showdown, I'm hoping Shenouda will keep himself alive until next year. Definitely not a healthy man and a promising addition to anyones DDP team. The only thing is I'm not very confident about his odds. They say "a little bit of luck" on those (take 5) commercials but it might take a lot for his 2008 survival.

Before I cleaned up his Wikipedia page a while back, you would have thought this man was next prophet. Apparently he's quite well known, which should translate into an obit.... I would point out, however, that the faith itself is somewhat obscure... so don't count on the fact that he's a religious leader alone for this one.

Mohammed Burhanuddin is travelling to Britain from India this weekend, to officially open an eco-friendly mosque in Manchester...

At the risk of posting on a topic that may appear elsewhere (I did a search, honest), is it too much to hope for Warren Jeffs to brew up his own brand of Jim Jones kool aid, and drink the whole batch himself?

Underage sects

If Al Qaeda are looking for a new target that represents something hideously wrong with a side of US culture, perhaps the CIA could send them a detailed map of Schleicher County, Texas.

Warren Jeffs is suffering from an undisclosed ailment and has been hospitalised.

The sect leader has had several health complications during his jail stay, including a trip to a prison infirmary because of a self-imposed fast. Jeffs also attempted suicide last year and was seen throwing himself against the walls and banging his head, authorities said.

If only some on this thread were more like Cesare Bonizzi, they might last a little longer.

Pope Shenouda has been visited by some heavily bearded well wishers as he recovers from his broken leg.

cleveland-07-17-08-010_0001.jpg

Pope Shenouda has been visited by some heavily bearded well wishers as he recovers from his broken leg.

cleveland-07-17-08-010_0001.jpg

That's the only place on earth ZZ Top could hide successfully.

Cardinal Antonio José González Zumárraga, archbishop emeritus of Quito, has died of stomach cancer, aged 83.

Re the above.....what are the realistic obit chances? I mean, 2009 looks a likely achievement before he 'does a Lou Rawles' on us.

• Like 1