DevonDeathTrip

From Cleric To Relic

Re the above.....what are the realistic obit chances? I mean, 2009 looks a likely achievement before he 'does a Lou Rawles' on us.

Guardian covered his conviction...he is a lock for AP obit.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/feedarticle/7881270

• Like 1

I know his activities were questionable, but a few days after pontificating about radio presenters 'humiliating' an old man, they then go and humilate a man of the cloth... :rolleyes:

I know his activities were questionable, but a few days after pontificating about radio presenters 'humiliating' an old man, they then go and humilate a man of the cloth... :rolleyes:

A man of the touching cloth by the time he'd reached hospital.

A man of the touching cloth by the time he'd reached hospital.

:(

Rev Andrew Greeley, 80, priest and best selling novelist, is critically ill after fracturing his skull. He got his clothes stuck in a taxi door he was exiting, it drove off before he could free himself.

Rev Andrew Greeley, 80, priest and best selling novelist, is critically ill after fracturing his skull. He got his clothes stuck in a taxi door he was exiting, it drove off before he could free himself.

I'm not laughing. Really I'm not. <_<

I know someone who got a coat stuck in a taxi door last Christmas and she's still on crutches. They've knocked the dent out of the taxi mind, and that's as good as new.

The Rev. George M. Docherty who is credited with motivating congress to insert the phrase under God into the Pledge of Allegiance will go six feet under at the age of 97.

Patriarch Alexius II of Russia is dead at 79.

Link to follow.

Avery Cardinal Dulles is much duller now. Fairly well known if you happen to be an American Catholic whose really into the faith (or a well-researched deadpooler I suppose). Otherwise, not so much, but I feel like he was picked somewhere by someone, so I figured it warranted a mention.

Guest guest

None of you has any news about cardinals or bishops seriously ill?

Not today, do you?

Guest guest

Not today, do you?

No, I don't!that's why I asked

Not today, do you?

No, I don't!that's why I asked

:referee:

Dear Guest,

Please be assured that if there are ever any high or even medium profile clerics who are not enjoying the best of health, then I will make every effort to advise you of their predicament via this thread.

I'm not sure if it's just bishops and cardinals who float your boat, or if your interest extends to Eastern Orthodoxy - in which case you may be interested to know that the Patriarch Mesrob II, Mutafyan of Constantinople (He's with the Armenian Church), is suffering from serious health problems:

http://www.mirrorspectator.com/2008/06/10/...-suspends-work/

I wouldn't count on him getting a UK obit, though.

I hope that helps

DDT :blink:

Oh aye, and there was a vicar ahead of me paying for his petrol this morning. I definitely heard him sneeze.

Cardinal Paul Shan Kuo-hsi has terminal lung cancer but seems to be doing okay for now.

Cardinal Pio Laghi, prefect emeritus of the Congregation for Catholic Education and patron of the Sovereign Military Order of Malta, died on January 10, 2009 aged 86, at Carlo di Nancy Hospital, Rome, where he was recovering from a cardio-vascular insufficiency cause by an hematologic disease.

Link

Cardinal Stéphanos II Ghattas, 88, patriarch emeritus of Alexandria of the Copts, Egypt, died on January 20, in Cairo.

Link

• Like 1