4. Bud Grant, 95

5. Joe Schmidt, 90

6. Gil Brandt, 90

7. Raymond Berry, 89

8. Lenny Moore, 88

9. Sonny Jurgensen, 87

10. Len Dawson, 87

11. Jim Brown, 86

Art McNally, director of officiating for the NFL from 1968-1991 and Hall of Famer has died aged 97. With Charley Trippi dying last year that makes Marv Levy oldest living Hall of Famer now.

Obituaries: Daily Mail

• Like 6

Former Jacksonville Jaguars Guard Uche Nwaneri dead at 38 from a heart attack. Played 7 seasons in the NFL. This death hits hard for me because I watch some of his content on his youtube channel. I watched his Livestream last week!

• Like 1

NFL Predictions for 2023 deaths

Chicago Bears

1. Mike Ditka

2. Steve McMichael

17 minutes ago, berge7f9 said:

NFL Predictions for 2023 deaths

Chicago Bears

1. Mike Ditka

2. Steve McMichael

Add Mike Adamle and Steve Gleason (it’s got to be his time) and if u want to go rogue, Charlie Garner.  Any over 80 are ripe for this list.

Not sure where this Ditka stuff is coming from but I DID have someone in my home DP choose him.

SC

There is a somber and grave situation going on right now in Cincinnati.  Bills safety Damar Hamlin had a collision with another player, tried to get up, and collapsed to the ground.  Medical personnel administered CPR for 9 minutes and he was stretchered into an ambulance while being given oxygen.  Hopefully it's a good sign that the oxygen was given and that they were no longer doing the CPR, but this is an extremely scary situation.  Hamlin is 24 years old.  

• Like 1

Damar Hamlin collapsed on the field 10 minutes ago.

CPR, ambulance, game delayed teams sent to locker room.

No player has ever died in the field to my knowledge (a referee did once).  This is happening right now.

https://billswire.usatoday.com/2023/01/02/ambulance-buffalo-bills-damar-hamlin-cpr-bengals/?taid=63b390e8fe017500017208cd&utm_campaign=trueanthem&utm_medium=trueanthem&utm_source=twitter

Edit: I see @MrWonderful posted the same.  Didn’t mean to pile on, I think we simply posted about the same time.

• Shocked 1

Just now, MrWonderful said:

Apparently has a pulse but not breathing on his own.  Remarkably frightening situation.  

One would think he took a kick to the throat or summat but that wouldn’t require CPR.  I hope he’s ok it’ll be an interesting story.

11 minutes ago, Sir Creep said:

Damar Hamlin collapsed on the field 10 minutes ago.

CPR, ambulance, game delayed teams sent to locker room.

No player has ever died in the field to my knowledge (a referee did once).  This is happening right now.

https://billswire.usatoday.com/2023/01/02/ambulance-buffalo-bills-damar-hamlin-cpr-bengals/?taid=63b390e8fe017500017208cd&utm_campaign=trueanthem&utm_medium=trueanthem&utm_source=twitter

Edit: I see @MrWonderful posted the same.  Didn’t mean to pile on, I think we simply posted about the same time.

Chuck Hughes died after collapsing during a game in 1971.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chuck_Hughes?wprov=sfti1

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Sir Creep said:

One would think he took a kick to the throat or summat but that wouldn’t require CPR.  I hope he’s ok it’ll be an interesting story.

I thought initially that it was a violent head trauma and then he tried to get up and collapsed, but it appears that rather than head trauma, it may have been direct chest trauma that caused a cardiac arrest.  It didn't look like the most violent hit I've ever seen, so perhaps there was an underlying condition going on involving his heart, I have no idea.  But obviously a very frightening situation.  Jerry Lawler tweeted that he would bet it was a cardiac arrest from direct chest trauma, since he's experienced that himself.  

How does that work if they call this game?  What, are they going to play it tomorrow?  23 hours means nothing, finish it now.  Play it next week?  Can’t.  In between?  Can’t.

Anything other than completing this game right now is a disaster.  I’m not being callous — I’m being practical.  And I’m reacting to all the Twitter community asking why the Commissioner hasn’t cancelled the game tonight.  I say cuz he can’t.  These are playoff teams deciding their playoff seeding.  They can’t not play this thing and they can’t call the game COMPLETE after 1/5 of it has been played.  
Cancelling this game tonight simply never entered my mind.  But I appear to be on an island.

Edit: The game between the Bills and Bengals has been officially suspended, according to the broadcast. It will not resume tonight.

8 minutes ago, Sir Creep said:

How does that work if they call this game?  Every fantasy football  league’s championship likely hinges on its outcome, given the players involved.  What, are they going to play it tomorrow?  23 hours means nothing, finish it now.  Play it next week?  Can’t.  In between?  Can’t.

Anything other than completing this game right now is a disaster.  I’m not being callous — I’m being practical.  And I’m reacting to all the Twitter community asking why the Commissioner hasn’t cancelled the game tonight.  I say cuz he can’t.  These are playoff teams deciding their playoff seeding.  They can’t not play this thing and they can’t call the game COMPLETE after 1/5 of it has been played.  
Cancelling this game tonight simply never entered my mind.  But I appear to be on an island.

Maybe not quite the same scenario but a few years back a Dallas Stars-Columbus Blue Jackets hockey game was suspended after Rich Peverley of the Stars had a heart attack and they resumed at a later date. One of my friends was at that game and said it was the scariest thing he had ever seen

• Like 1

You have to just make the game a no-contest.  You can't make them play on a short week later this week and you can't have them play the following week, as the playoffs start.  The right thing to do is to just have the Bills and Bengals play 16-game seasons, simple as that.  If they do this, the Bengals clinch the AFC North and the Chiefs would get the #1 seed if both the Chiefs and Bills win next week, as 14-3 for KC would best 13-3 for the Bills.  I simply don't see any alternative.  And apparently he's on life support so this situation is not looking good.  I don't know how they resume this game.  

1 hour ago, Captain Hemlock said:

Maybe not quite the same scenario but a few years back a Dallas Stars-Columbus Blue Jackets hockey game was suspended after Rich Peverley of the Stars had a heart attack and they resumed at a later date. One of my friends was at that game and said it was the scariest thing he had ever seen

The Peverley incident was frightening on television. Jay Bouwmeester too. Christian Eriksen. Some complete tragedies avoided, but sadly this just doesn’t feel like one of them. Just terrible.

8 hours ago, MrWonderful said:

I thought initially that it was a violent head trauma and then he tried to get up and collapsed, but it appears that rather than head trauma, it may have been direct chest trauma that caused a cardiac arrest.  It didn't look like the most violent hit I've ever seen, so perhaps there was an underlying condition going on involving his heart, I have no idea.  But obviously a very frightening situation.  Jerry Lawler tweeted that he would bet it was a cardiac arrest from direct chest trauma, since he's experienced that himself.  

Can be just a freak hit. Like the cricketer Phil Hughes. 

9 hours ago, MrWonderful said:

The video of the tackle shows the other player butting his head (with his helmet on) into Damar Hamlin’s chest, so that’s probably the direct chest hit that triggered the cardiac arrest. It didn’t seem like the player intentionally meant to do that though. I can’t imagine how he feels right now. 

As far as baseball is concerned, my death list is as follows:

1. Art Schallock -  oldest ever player doesn't live to 100

2. Willie Mays - Say Hey kid will speak no longer in 2023

3. Roger Craig - Former San Francisco Giants manager

4. Carl Erskine - last surviving member of the 1955 Brooklyn Dodgers club who won the only every title for Brooklyn before being shipped to Los Angeles

5. Bob Lillis - former San Francisco Giants bench coach

6. Whitey Herzog - former St. Louis Cardinals manager

• Like 2

A bit of positive news regarding Damar Hamlin. He still remains in critical condition, but since he collapsed last night, over $3 million has been donated to the toy drive he started in 2020. Wrestler Chris Jericho donated $10,000.  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, berge7f9 said:

As far as baseball is concerned, my death list is as follows:

1. Art Schallock -  oldest ever player doesn't live to 100

2. Willie Mays - Say Hey kid will speak no longer in 2023

3. Roger Craig - Former San Francisco Giants manager

4. Carl Erskine - last surviving member of the 1955 Brooklyn Dodgers club who won the only every title for Brooklyn before being shipped to Los Angeles

5. Bob Lillis - former San Francisco Giants bench coach

6. Whitey Herzog - former St. Louis Cardinals manager

I believe the aforementioned Craig and Sandy Koufax played for the Dodgers in ’55 when they won the series. So there are three living Brooklyn Dodgers. 

39 minutes ago, arrowsmith said:

I believe the aforementioned Craig and Sandy Koufax played for the Dodgers in ’55 when they won the series. So there are three living Brooklyn Dodgers. 

You are probably right

2 hours ago, mollyafox said:

A bit of positive news regarding Damar Hamlin. He still remains in critical condition, but since he collapsed last night, over $3 million has been donated to the toy drive he started in 2020. Wrestler Chris Jericho donated $10,000.  

Funny thing is that Jericho donated 5k with a typo and donated another 5k to fix the typo. What a man.

He's now on 50% oxygen, not 100%, but there's some other distressing news coming out from his uncle.  He told CNN that his nephew actually had to be resuscitated twice, not only on the field but then once again when he arrived at the hospital.  He's also been put in a prone position on his stomach to apparently aid in fluid buildup in the lungs.  Upon watching a couple of doctors on CNN discussing these new revelations, it appears to me that this kid is facing long odds to recover.  Really hope I'm wrong but it doesn't sound good at all.  

• Sad 1

On 02/01/2023 at 21:25, MrWonderful said:

There is a somber and grave situation going on right now in Cincinnati.  Bills safety Damar Hamlin had a collision with another player, tried to get up, and collapsed to the ground.  Medical personnel administered CPR for 9 minutes and he was stretchered into an ambulance while being given oxygen.  Hopefully it's a good sign that the oxygen was given and that they were no longer doing the CPR, but this is an extremely scary situation.  Hamlin is 24 years old.  

Awake and showing signs of improvement, he's also holding hands with family members. 

• Like 5

5 hours ago, mollyafox said:

Awake and showing signs of improvement, he's also holding hands with family members. 

Yes, the news has turned quite positive and he looks like he is on the road to recovery.  So great to hear.  

• Like 3