Tuber Mirum

British Science Fiction Series

Guest Guest

Tom Baker made a surprise appearance on tonights anniversary episode of Doctor Who and was interviwed on BBC3.he's looking noticeably frailer than before,and has to use a walking stick. I was a bit shocked to see  how much older he looks.he is 80 soon though so maybe that's to be expected

He'll be alright. I hope...

• Like 2

Who is of the opinion that an excellent way to acknowledge 50 years of Doctor Who would be to bestow a Knighthood on Tom Baker in the New Year's honours list?

• Like 1

Seconded...

You are probably well aware of this by now but, since it hasn't been mentioned on here, a few days ago The Mirror ran another "missing episodes" story, claiming Marco Polo had been found. The BBC issued a statement in which they did not deny the rumour. :D

Barry Jackson who played the part of Drax in the Dr Who story Armageddon Factor opposite Tom Baker has died at 75. He was best known as the pathologist Dr Bullard in Midsomer Murders http://www.itv.com/n...y-jackson-dies/

He was also in an episode of Blakes' 7. I thought I remembered seeing it, but after checking, I realise I hadn't. I've never seen past the first few episodes so I must have remembered his face from somewhere else. Seems to have been in a lot of stuff.

Barry Jackson who played the part of Drax in the Dr Who story Armageddon Factor opposite Tom Baker has died at 75. He was best known as the pathologist Dr Bullard in Midsomer Murders http://www.itv.com/n...y-jackson-dies/

He was also in an episode of Blakes' 7. I thought I remembered seeing it, but after checking, I realise I hadn't. I've never seen past the first few episodes so I must have remembered his face from somewhere else. Seems to have been in a lot of stuff.

He played Kendall in Series 1 Epsiode 7: Misson to Destiny. This is not a good example of B7 as it is an excuse for a pretty poor whodunnit with Avon playing at Hercule Poirot and an sub Scooby Doo clue written in the murder victim's blood. However said victim is played by deathlist potential Brian Capron.

Sorry about this when I couldn't find which episode he was in on Wikipedia I had to resort to looking it up in a book. Thank you Mr Attwood.

Costume designer Ken Trew, who designed Roger Delgado's Master outfit and Sylvester McCoy's costume amongst others, has died aged 77.

The biggest surprise for me was that he had a wife!

• Like 2

Bit late in the day for Lloyd-Pack, DJL, but as I'm nice...

A few actors from the New Series have passed on already. Not counting regulars from the original series.

The wonderful Margaret John was the Gran in The Idiots Lantern and passed away a few years ago. Howard Attfield who was Donna's dad died of cancer, and that led to us getting Bernard Cribbins in as a late substitution. Rita's dad from The God Complex died too, as have a number of extras.

And of course, Sir Patrick Moore, given his 'acting' appearance in Matt Smith's debut episode.

Guest Guest

The actor Tom Baker,best known as the 4th Doctor Who , celebrates his 80th birthday today. I'm sure you will all join me in wishing him many happy returns !

The actor Tom Baker,best known as the 4th Doctor Who , celebrates his 80th birthday today. I'm sure you will all join me in wishing him many happy returns !

Absolutely. Happy Birthday, Tom!

tom-baker.jpg

• Like 2

Christopher Barry, early Dr Who director, dies aged 88.
  • Like 1

Guest Guest

That's sad news. He directed some of my favourite Dr Who stories and enjoyed his contributions to the DVD releases. He also directed The Tripods, another of my favourite shows from the 80s

He directed my fave tom baker story The Brain of Morbius. If any of you have not seen it seek it out. Philip Madoc, Tom Baker and Elizabeth Sladen all at the top of thier game.

It would appear that Barry died as a result of a fall at a Banbury Shopping Centre.

It would appear that Barry died as a result of a fall at a Banbury Shopping Centre.

Curiously the first mention of him in the national media and thus gets an obit!

Incidentally, the Telegraph have an obituary-based podcast, discussing recent deaths.

They'll be doing a bloody dead pool next!

Guest Guest

I really don't think we need all the gory details of his death .Let's just remember him for what he acheived when he was alive

I really don't think we need all the gory details of his death .Let's just remember him for what he acheived when he was alive

Yeah, he was good in Red Dwarf and the Tomb Raider films. RIP.

• Like 1