Tuber Mirum

British Science Fiction Series

24 minutes ago, Bibliogryphon said:

Hope not I was in cosplay at the time.

She loves middle aged men in gold Leia bikinis...

"Cosplay" sounds like something really kinky and pervy.

4 minutes ago, Toast said:

"Cosplay" sounds like something really kinky and pervy.

Like minded individuals, in costumes, meeting up at a pre-arranged designated area where copious amounts of drinking and shagging notoriously happen.

Can't think what you mean.

:D

Completely the wrong thread as it should be posted in Character Actors, but as I am here:

Guardian Obit for John Line, British actor who appeared as Martin in the first episode of the Doctor Who story, Colony In Space. He was 87.

In a shedload of things, from Emergency Ward 10, through To Serve Them All My Days via Another Country to EastEnders.

Image result for john line colony in space

26 minutes ago, YoungWillz said:

Guardian Obit for John Line, British actor who appeared as Martin in the first episode of the Doctor Who story, Colony In Space. He was 87.

In a shedload of things, from Emergency Ward 10, through To Serve Them All My Days via Another Country to EastEnders.

Obit appears in "Other Lives".  Is this just because it's submitted by a member of his family? 

"Obituaries pages traditionally describe and celebrate the lives of the great and good, the famous and infamous. There is another type of life that deserves noticing: people less in the public eye, or lives lived beyond formal recognition. To offer a piece to Other Lives, contact us here."

Seems a bit mean to relegate such a prolific actor to the patronising OL section.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Toast said:

Obit appears in "Other Lives".  Is this just because it's submitted by a member of his family? 

"Obituaries pages traditionally describe and celebrate the lives of the great and good, the famous and infamous. There is another type of life that deserves noticing: people less in the public eye, or lives lived beyond formal recognition. To offer a piece to Other Lives, contact us here."

Seems a bit mean to relegate such a prolific actor to the patronising OL section.

iirc OL section is pretty much everyone who isn't commissioned by the Obits editor.

Thought so.  That makes the rubric even more patronising.  Makes him sound like a school crossing lollipop man awarded the BEM.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Toast said:

Thought so.  That makes the rubric even more patronising.  Makes him sound like a school crossing lollipop man awarded the BEM.

More than David Fisher got.

• Like 1

Reports on twitter of the death of Michael Pickwoad aged 73. Set designer on the Moffat era (2010-17) of Dr Who, as well as Withnail and I, Comrades, the ITV Marples/Poirots, etc etc.

mdjUIFX.jpg

• Sad 1

Pamela Ann Davy, actress who appeared as Janley in The Power Of The Daleks for Doctor Who, apparently died back in June. https://www.supremecourt.tas.gov.au/__data/assets/pdf_file/0004/419161/ARCHER-Pamela-Ann.pdf

Other roles include appearances in The Saint and The Avengers.

IMDB: https://www.imdb.com/name/nm0205853/

Related image

• Sad 1

Alas...

• Sad 2

5 minutes ago, Grim Up North said:

Rumours of Death?

As The Guardian have commissioned her obit, she looks to be a Voice from the Past now.

• Like 1

TelegraphMailSunMirror obits.

2 hours ago, msc said:

Alas...

Well that is an unpleasant shock. Another chunk of my formative years breaks off and sails in to the ocean of time.

2 minutes ago, Bibliogryphon said:

Well that is an unpleasant shock. Another chunk of my formative years breaks off and sails in to the ocean of time.

Yeah, apparently she was only diagnosed with lung cancer a short while ago.

Ever listened to her commentary on Two Doctors? World record use of the word "dahling" iirc.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, msc said:

Yeah, apparently she was only diagnosed with lung cancer a short while ago.

Ever listened to her commentary on Two Doctors? World record use of the word "dahling" iirc.

I think DeathList favourite Jeanne Little would give her a run for her money. Here are four in 30 seconds. :D

Very sad news.One of the biggest losses from British sci fi for a while. 

• Like 1

My Twitter feed was just full of Jacqueline Pearce last night she sounded totally outragous. Biggest September death already sealed?

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Davey Jones' Locker said:

It's an old wall, Grim. It waits.

I hope you don't die before you reach it.

• Haha 1