Tuber Mirum

British Science Fiction Series

On ‎18‎/‎01‎/‎2017 at 21:47, msc said:

Well, here's the list I ran up for YW in more detail:

Lovett Bickford (born circa 1942) The Leisure Hive

Lovett Bickford died 29th July: http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/thetimes-uk/obituary.aspx?n=lovett-bickford&pid=190136627

IMDB: https://www.imdb.com/name/nm1244117/

20 minutes ago, YoungWillz said:

On the commentary track for Leisure Hive it's 90 mins of Bidmead tearing into Lovett about bad camera positioning/"not what I'd have done"/"why didn't that go better?" Then, right as the BBC caption at the end of the credits on Episode 4 appears, Bickford quickly goes "I think I did quite well!" and that's the last sound. :D

• Haha 1

Just now, msc said:

On the commentary track for Leisure Hive it's 90 mins of Bidmead tearing into Lovett about bad camera positioning/"not what I'd have done"/"why didn't that go better?" Then, right as the BBC caption at the end of the credits on Episode 4 appears, Bickford quickly goes "I think I did quite well!" and that's the last sound. :D

I think he did very well. Brought some magic to the screen.

I had a look on Twitter and Tardis Wiki etc....his death totally unnoticed it seems.

RIP.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, YoungWillz said:

I think he did very well. Brought some magic to the screen.

I had a look on Twitter and Tardis Wiki etc....his death totally unnoticed it seems.

RIP.

Just like David Fisher. Bad year for The Leisure Hive along with these two and Dorka Nieradzik.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, msc said:

Good on him. This is the same Bidmead who thought concepts like entropy and block transfer computations would be readily understandable by the show's core audience of seven year olds... :lol:

• Like 1

Reports on Twitter of the death of actress Zienia Merton, Sandra Benes from Space 1999. Also appeared in multiple episodes of Blake's 7, Doctor Who (Marco Polo), Casualty, Eastenders, Grange Hill, Wire in the Blood, Corrie, The Bill, The Six Wives of Henry VIII, the Dennis Potter Casanova miniseries, as well as episodes of Bergerac, Grange Hill, Sarah Jane Adventures and the Beatles film Help!  To name just a few...

• Like 2
  • Sad 2

5 hours ago, msc said:

Reports on Twitter of the death of actress Zienia Merton, Sandra Benes from Space 1999. Also appeared in multiple episodes of Blake's 7, Doctor Who (Marco Polo), Casualty, Eastenders, Grange Hill, Wire in the Blood, Corrie, The Bill, The Six Wives of Henry VIII, the Dennis Potter Casanova miniseries, as well as episodes of Bergerac, Grange Hill, Sarah Jane Adventures and the Beatles film Help!  To name just a few...

Italian obit.

22 hours ago, msc said:

Very sad to lose Zienia and Jacqueline Pearce within days of each other. My childhood is dying. Zienia was a good enough sport to come back and do the semi-official "Message from Moonbase Alpha" short film to neatly bring closure to the Space: 1999 story for fans.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Davey Jones' Locker said:

Very sad to lose Zienia and Jacqueline Pearce within days of each other. My childhood is dying. Zienia was a good enough sport to come back and do the semi-official "Message from Moonbase Alpha" short film to neatly bring closure to the Space: 1999 story for fans.

I didn't know about that; now I do.

R.I.P. Zienia .

• Like 2

Colin Baker and Nicola Bryant were on Celebrity Pointless tonight. As we all are aware Colin is rather rotund these days. Nicola still looks amazing and could easily pass for someone in their mid 40s. Just hoping she avoids the apparent curse of Dr Who 70s and 80s companions which killed off Elizabeth Sladen and Mary Tamm in their 60s and has also effected Janet Fielding and several others. 

• Like 1

Someone on Twitter has just said Tom Baker is dead. Wiki had something but I think it is a hoax. I hope this isn't true.

34 minutes ago, Bibliogryphon said:

Someone on Twitter has just said Tom Baker is dead. Wiki had something but I think it is a hoax. I hope this isn't true.

It is fake. The guy who added the date on Wiki is a complete troll who joined three hours ago just to vandalize Baker's page.

54 minutes ago, Bibliogryphon said:

me too. the rumour seems to be spreading fast though judging by this tweet... https://twitter.com/SonnyinScotland/with_replies

we can only hope and pray it isn't true. If Tom Baker really did die  I'm not sure how I could cope ! 

Oh Christ I am really hoping this is a hoax.

3 minutes ago, Sean said:

Oh Christ I am really hoping this is a hoax.

It probably is, but then again why would someone make it up? Sick people ! 

For Fuck Sake, stop it you hysterics. I guarantee at 100% it IS A HOAX. The same thing already happened some time ago. Calm down, it s just a troll. Don't spread fake news.

Listen to drol. There is 0% chance of Tom Baker actually dying and it not spreading like wildfire instantly. You wont be relying on 2 twitter people with less than 1000 followers combined.

have just done some checking up, and am pleased to say it's total rubbish. Tom Baker is still alive and well, and long m ay that continue ! :D

• Like 1

Tom is however 85 in January, spent most of the 1970s and 80s drunk as a skunk, and is a lot frailer these days. If he is Deathlisty - I'm too biased - then 2019 might be time to start thinking about him tbh.

32 minutes ago, Bibliogryphon said:

The same Twitter source has just also claimed Rod Stewart is dead. 

GOD FUCKING DAMMIT 2018 YOU'VE TAKEN ANOTHER STAR TOO SOON. ROD STEWART AND TOM FUCKING BAKER IN THE SAME DAY!!!!!!!!!! #stopkillingcelebs2018.

3 hours ago, msc said:

If he is Deathlisty

??? Front page of BBC News website, at least two newspaper front pages as well unless Ant and Dec get killed by a reanimated stegosaurus wearing a bra on the same day.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, The Mad Hatter said:

GOD FUCKING DAMMIT 2018 YOU'VE TAKEN ANOTHER STAR TOO SOON. ROD STEWART AND TOM FUCKING BAKER IN THE SAME DAY!!!!!!!!!! #stopkillingcelebs2018.

Stop getting your twitters in a twist!