Death Watch Beatle

The Deathlisters Alternative Footie Thread

Three way tie for the top of the table now. Best games so far. The Crypt Kickers drop to fourth. :rolleyes:

Yes, it's a tight league this year, I was ecstatic to hold DWB to a draw away from home, my team was seriously depleted through injuries and the alleged late night antics of one player and an old ladies handbag ;) , that's what happens when we buy players from Falkirk....

Three way tie for the top of the table now. Best games so far. The Crypt Kickers drop to fourth. :rolleyes:

Yes, it's a tight league this year, I was ecstatic to hold DWB to a draw away from home, my team was seriously depleted through injuries and the alleged late night antics of one player and an old ladies handbag :o , that's what happens when we buy players from Falkirk....

That game was tight. And so is the league. Almost half way and 1 point between 5 clubs I think. The best season yet!

DWB ;)

Yes, it's a tight league this year, I was ecstatic to hold DWB to a draw away from home, my team was seriously depleted through injuries and the alleged late night antics of one player and an old ladies handbag :o , that's what happens when we buy players from Falkirk....

That game was tight. And so is the league. Almost half way and 1 point between 5 clubs I think. The best season yet!

DWB :o

Absolutely, the most enjoyable as far as I am concerned, but I would say that, as you aren't winning ........yet , wait till the cup kicks in, do we really need a cup this season? ;)

I fully intend to give my youth team / crappy old nobodies a full chance to shine in the cup in an homage to Arsene Wengers wonderful under-11's. However, the losing to a shitty bunch of midlanders bit I could do without.

Looks like FF is back with a vengance, he beat me 2-1 in tonights game :P

A 0-0 draw tonight and I drop down the table oh crap! :crossbone: Never mind, at least I won the 400,000 econs cos I predicted the most correct scores.

Let me see now, 100,000 econs is = to 3.5p so that means I won 14p (approx 9 cents for our U.S. citizens)

A 0-0 draw tonight and I drop down the table oh crap! :) Never mind, at least I won the 400,000 econs cos I predicted the most correct scores.

Let me see now, 100,000 econs is = to 3.5p so that means I won 14p (approx 9 cents for our U.S. citizens)

Worth so much more if you take into account the VAT decrease!

DWB :crossbone:

A bizarre case of art imitating life or summat,

Ring any bells, Precisionists?

Relegation-threatened 3 de Febrero said that seven of their players were hit before the match by a bout of food poisoning which was blamed on a juice drink mixed with vitamins.

"This needs to be investigated," said coach Pedro Nelson Fleitas. "We don't know if the product was past its sell-by date of if somebody put something intentionally in the juice."

Relegation-threatened 3 de Febrero said that seven of their players were hit before the match by a bout of food poisoning which was blamed on a juice drink mixed with vitamins.

"This needs to be investigated," said coach Pedro Nelson Fleitas. "We don't know if the product was past its sell-by date of if somebody put something intentionally in the juice."

The travelling drinks salesman seems to have been very busy this weekend, my Diggers succumbed to him at the weekend, must have doctored their after match Buckie.....

News in from my Belgian source, M Poirot, suspect number two has been identified. Perhaps the facts are as clear as a ringing bell? Is there Highjinx at Highgate? Is it time to Bury the evidence?

Maybe the drinks salesman shall be putting in some overtime over this festive season. Nothing like a bit of Christmas spirit. Un p'tit pastis anyone?

Guest Shadowy Figure

I see the Cliniques scored three more than the rest of the league combined today. That's entertainment.

I see the Cliniques scored three more than the rest of the league combined today. That's entertainment.

Absolutely, nice to see the ladies are leading the league despite all the dirty tricks we've had thrown at us in the last week, men can be such bad losers <_< .

With a wonder strike in Fergie time tonight, I get to within 2 points of thr top 3 teams who are all stuck on 23 points. Oh dear! I dont see the Crypt Kickers in the top 5, what happened Dee dubleya? :skull:

With a wonder strike in Fergie time tonight, I get to within 2 points of thr top 3 teams who are all stuck on 23 points. Oh dear! I dont see the Crypt Kickers there, what happened Dee dubleya? :skull:

So you think the champs are finished do you? We are currently dabbling in the transfer market, so don't be so sure we are done for! Could have done with 3 points at home this week though.

I know! I'll instigate the cup and mix it up a bit!

DWB :)

How will the cup work though with only 10 teams, if it's instant knock out that means there will be an uneven 5 teams in the second round, does the best placed 'loser' get a second chance or the worst of the 'winners' lose out? Perhaps the winner and runner up of the last cup should get an automatic bye to the second round, therefore keeping things even :skull:.

Has anyone else had problems logging in to the site today? I couldn't get in earlier, it wouldn't accept my password, yet it's been the same one for months, I got in about 1/2 hour ago but I'm a bit puzzled.

How will the cup work though with only 10 teams, if it's instant knock out that means there will be an uneven 5 teams in the second round, does the best placed 'loser' get a second chance or the worst of the 'winners' lose out? Perhaps the winner and runner up of the last cup should get an automatic bye to the second round, therefore keeping things even :skull:.

Has anyone else had problems logging in to the site today? I couldn't get in earlier, it wouldn't accept my password, yet it's been the same one for months, I got in about 1/2 hour ago but I'm a bit puzzled.

I believe the computer will draw 4 teams out for the first round, the rest getting byes. The winners then go through to play the rest of the bunch in the next round. I was going to set it up as a one game neutral venue random draw. I think it will start mid-week in about 11 days time. Was it Tuesdays or Wednesdays our other game slot? This should end the cup a couple of weeks short of the end of the season so as not to take the glory off the Kickers retention of the league title.

Didn't have a problem logging on, but that was after 9.30pm though.

DWB :)

Edit: That Casual lot seem to have crept up from nowhere!

Edit: That Casual lot seem to have crept up from nowhere!

I have them in my next game, I'll do my best to drop them down again, might be a bit tough as they put 7 past Spurs tonight ( :):skull: )

Guest Shadowy Figure

1 Clinique Précisionists 23

2 Hearseton Casuals 23

3 Gravediggers United 23

4 Dyslexics Untied 21

5 Bury FC 20

6 Crypt Kickers 20

7 Knickers United 19

So tight at the top. It reminds me of the Football League Third Division North in 1957. What a season that was.

1 Clinique Précisionists 23

2 Hearseton Casuals 23

3 Gravediggers United 23

4 Dyslexics Untied 21

5 Bury FC 20

6 Crypt Kickers 20

7 Knickers United 19

So tight at the top. It reminds me of the Football League Third Division North in 1957. What a season that was.

Jeez shadowy figure, are you really THAT old?

I have them in my next game, I'll do my best to drop them down again, might be a bit tough as they put 7 past Spurs tonight ( :o:pop: )

HA :)

Don't misunderestimate the Casuals!

The Ashes has now been set in motion.

FF United FC v Gravediggers United

Crypt Kickers v Knickers United

All other teams receive a bye into the next round (lucky buggers!).

All matches are one leg, neutral venue, with penalties to decide the winner if necessary. Exciting eh?

DWB :mellow:

The computer has sacked the previous manager of Spurs for poor attendance, so if anyone would like to take-over a team in the Death League let me know by PM or a message on this thread. You can change your team name if that helps at all!

DWB :mellow:

The computer has sacked the previous manager of Spurs for poor attendance, so if anyone would like to take-over a team in the Death League let me know by PM or a message on this thread. You can change your team name if that helps at all!

DWB :blink:

Damn! There goes everybodys favourite 6 pointer. :mellow:

I'm on there. Never used it though.

Can I join in if too I can remember my login?

NAP - Do you still fancy a go?

DWB :angry:

With a goal deep into Fergie time (94th minute) the Dyslexics raise themselves to 3rd place, 2 points behind the female manager(esses).