Windsor

Who Do You Think Will Win The Democrat And Republican Nominations?

45 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

... O and in other news Ralph Nader has decided to run for president for the fourth time.

I feel awful about Nader running; it worries me. When I hear the guy interviewed, I find myself agreeing with the vast majority of what he says, both about the murky politics of corporate lobbyists in Washington and his views on the wider world.

But, I have to admit the one basic truth that is the thorn in his campaign's side; surely no confirmed Republican voters are ever going to vote for Nader, so his entrance into the race can only benefit the Republicans by stripping potential votes from the Democrats. It reminds me of the Liberal Democrat party here in the UK; if everyone who agreed with their philosophies voted for them, they might win, but people just assume they've got no chance so they don't vote for them.

Am I alone in suspecting that Nader is actually some sort of long-term right-wing double agent?

Although Ralph had a decidedly negative effect on the Democrats in 2000, I don't believe he will make much difference in 2008. His support has slipped considerably and I don't see him garnering much more than 1%. Unless Barack stumbles badly, he's the favorite in my view.

But Star Crossed, around maybe 3\10ths of that 1% are likely illegal aliens. I'm right unless the article explains otherwise and after reading it once 'If it does state that' I missed it. Either way overall the results are unbelievable. Basically one in every 9 blacks from ages 20 - 35 are in jail! As I've said in other posts the increase of illegal immigration will only grow with time and in this (2004 article) a study finds (73 out of 100) illegal immigrants sampled were arrested as much as six times! My question is what is the percentage of illegal immigrants who have ADD? http://www.usatoday.com/news/nation/2007-0...s-arrests_x.htm

I've always told myself that Ralph Naders idea of legalizing Marijuana was unnecessary for then the underground drug economy would change dramatically. 7th graders would be doing lines instead of joints. I was saying to myself 'Well then the Bloods could sell coke without the anxiety!' but them being so business- intelligent Crystal Meth would become the new scum bag drug. The statistics wouldn't really change much.

Thin ice, Banshees, very thin ice. What say we get this thread back to its stated topic.

To answer SC's question above, according to wiki:

"Almost every state prohibits felons from voting while incarcerated, on probation, or on parole."

Based on the results in this thread I'm surprised Hillary has such an edge on Obama. I guess most of us really didn't see this coming.

Hillary now has a new television ad and to be perfectly honest I didn't get it at first. It's a phone ringing at 3 AM while they film sleeping children.

Th narrator says "Your vote will decide who answers the call," the ad's narrator says. "Whether it's someone who already knows the world's leaders, knows the military. Someone tested and ready to lead in a dangerous world."

I mean seriously. Does desperation get any more breath taking then this?

Based on the results in this thread I'm surprised Hillary has such an edge on Obama. I guess most of us really didn't see this coming.

Hillary now has a new television ad and to be perfectly honest I didn't get it at first. It's a phone ringing at 3 AM while they film sleeping children.

Th narrator says "Your vote will decide who answers the call," the ad's narrator says. "Whether it's someone who already knows the world's leaders, knows the military. Someone tested and ready to lead in a dangerous world."

There is much to be desperate about.

Do you really want your country to be run by a man who's campaign is based on only one word (change). It is change this, change that, change the next thing. If you don't like your mother-in-law don't worry, we'll change that too. He has done as Scotland's great leader has done, and promised the world to the people. Something he can't deliver.

Then again, that's politics.

Do you really want your country to be run by a man who's campaign is based on only one word (change). It is change this, change that, change the next thing. If you don't like your mother-in-law don't worry, we'll change that too. He has done as Scotland's great leader has done, and promised the world to the people. Something he can't deliver.

I can think of many things (and attitudes) that the US could do with changing. Then again I could the same about Europe. Nothing's ever perfect. Change can be good, however long it may take. Patience is as they say a virtue but all politicians are a crock of the proverbial brown stuff. It's how they work, you just have to pick in your subjective opinion who is the best of a rotten lot. I think my opinion arises from the only quote from GCSE English that ever stuck in my head. I, as you probably already know, verge on the pessimistic. In this way whatever goes right is pleasant surprise.

The optimist proclaims that we live in the best of all possible worlds; and the pessimist fears this is true. (James Branch Cabell)

We've elected leaders on worse words than "change" and the republic slogs on.

Sen. John McCain has now officially clinched the Republican nomination after managing to win Texas, Ohio, Vermont and Rhode Island which provided him with 1,191 delegates. Sen. Mike Huckabee has finally decided to face reality as he dropped out of the race almost instantly after the results came in. McCain just finished his victory speech on CNN.

On the Democratic side of the race Hillary Clinton has defeated Barack Obama in Rhode Island by a reasonable statistic (59% - 40%) while Obama is surprisingly taking Texas at this minute (50% - 48%) and has won Vermont (60% - 38%) which the overall outcome of 'Texas especially which is practically dead even' will have significant impact. Hillary Clinton is maintaining a very solid lead in Ohio (57% - 41%) 'which assuming the probable outcome' her position in this race is still very competitive.

Guest Guest_Armitage Shanks_*
She keeps hanging in there, like the candidate that never dies...

Clinton wins Texas and Ohio

Even a dead cat bounces once. Current odds - 1/3 Barack, 5/2 Hillary, 100/1 bar.

The New York Times have produced a detailed article today on John McCain's previous bout with melanoma. They reckon he's got a 14% chance of the cancer coming back and a 9% chance of dying over the next five years.

The New York Times have produced a detailed article today on John McCain's previous bout with melanoma. They reckon he's got a 14% chance of the cancer coming back and a 9% chance of dying over the next five years.

Devon, The New York Times is only one of the most liberal news papers ever. Even as I know you felt it was an optimistic article at some level, you can't be surprised reading this when you see where it comes from. I actually think it's pretty funny how they are trying to persuade people with these 'statistics' but another source has a completely different mindset.

This article explains McCain is not only fit enough for an eight year run but it states he will have five comfortable years of retirement. Overall that would give his life span another 13. 1 years - experts claim.

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/worl...icle3511861.ece

'The man is an antique' but I doubt he will be put on the shelf any time soon.

Devon, The New York Times is only one of the most liberal news papers ever. Even as I know you felt it was an optimistic article at some level, you can't be surprised reading this when you see where it comes from. I actually think it's pretty funny how they are trying to persuade people with these 'statistics' but another source has a completely different mindset.

This article explains McCain is not only fit enough for an eight year run but it states he will have five comfortable years of retirement. Overall that would give his life span another 13. 1 years - experts claim.

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/worl...icle3511861.ece

'The man is an antique' but I doubt he will be put on the shelf any time soon.

I read somewhere that on bad days he has trouble putting on his own pants and combing his own hair. But that was mainly due to war wounds. Whether liberal or not, the man has had cancer and there is a chance it could return.

I read somewhere that on bad days he has trouble putting on his own pants and combing his own hair. But that was mainly due to war wounds.

At least McCain can use that as an excuse.

I wonder what Michael Foot used to give as an excuse for the same thing

According to a study done by genealogists it has been stated that Democratic nominee Hillary Clinton is related to Angelina Jolie. Hillary is also related to Madonna and Alanis Morissette as well, along with Celion Dion. Hillary is also related to Camilla Parker-Bowles - a future kings choice of woman.

.. Barack Obama. Well .... he's related to just about everybody. I thought Cheney was a big deal.

According to this study he is related to Jolie's husband Brad Pitt. Obama is also related to the Bush family and he is related to former presidents both Gerald Ford and Lyndon B. Johnson. Obama is related to Harry S. Truman and James Madison, even general Robert E Lee. Obama is even related to Winston Churchhill!

My question is: Are you related to Barack Obama? ...

O and McCain also has some relation to the Bush family but on result of his age my best guess is most of his records have incinerated by now.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080325/ap_on_...dates_genealogy

Having a lardarse, shortarse, slaphead, cokehead English faggot on your side is bound to swing the vote your way in the Deep South, one might presume.

Scandal in the wind?

According to this article it states 28% of Hillary Clinton supporters would vote McCain over Obama if that were the show down come this fall. Obama voters have a fewer percentage of 19% should Hillary claim the Democratic nomination. Could this have a major impact on Barack Obama's presidential chances if he should face off with John McCain?

According to this article it states 28% of Hillary Clinton supporters would vote McCain over Obama if that were the show down come this fall. Obama voters have a fewer percentage of 19% should Hillary claim the Democratic nomination. Could this have a major impact on Barack Obama's presidential chances if he should face off with John McCain?

I wonder if things have changed in the month since the poll was first conducted? Interesting to see that these voters appear to vote for personality over policy though. That'd worry me if I was a USAn.

I wonder if things have changed in the month since the poll was first conducted? Interesting to see that these voters appear to vote for personality over policy though. That'd worry me if I was a USAn.

Why worry? It's always been that way and it's not a recent phenomenon. For every Abraham Lincoln we have 10 Warren G. Hardings. The republic slogs on.

Yes, I think she has had it. It is the end for Clinton. Might be worth while pleading to be Obama's running mate. If it turns out that he has any more friends in the 'We Hate White Americans' society, he'll upset someone...lots of people have guns in America.

I think it's all about hanging in well until June 3rd and using the leverage to make herself a strong vice presidential candidate. George McGovern has already told her to pull out, a few other high profile supporters of hers will probably be doing the same privately. It's noticeable that she isn't pouring scorn on BO at the very moment she would be if she thought she still had a serious chance.

George McGovern has already told her to pull out

Yes, and after suffering one of the largest losses in any presidential election (520 to 17 in electoral college votes to Nixon in '72) George McGovern's influence within the Democratic party remains as robust as ever. Next thing we know Ted Kennedy will be offering to be her driving instructor.