Windsor

Who Do You Think Will Win The Democrat And Republican Nominations?

45 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I'm still amazed that even after John Edwards, Joe Biden, Chris Dodd, Dennis Kucinich and Bill Richardson have all dropped out of the race for the Democratic nomination race, Mike Gravel is still sticking in there even though he's barely registered on any of the primaries.

At 78 years of age, it hardly puts him as a prime candidate for President.

I'm still amazed that even after John Edwards, Joe Biden, Chris Dodd, Dennis Kucinich and Bill Richardson have all dropped out of the race for the Democratic nomination race, Mike Gravel is still sticking in there even though he's barely registered on any of the primaries.

At 78 years of age, it hardly puts him as a prime candidate for President.

At least he can be confident that the

Well, it's Super Tuesday. Anybody else excited?

Pollsters think that McCain will basically take the Republican nomination on tonight's performance. The Democrat nomination should still be wide open.

Well, it's Super Tuesday. Anybody else excited?

Pollsters think that McCain will basically take the Republican nomination on tonight's performance. The Democrat nomination should still be wide open.

The local media here have dubbed it as Super-Duper Tuesday due to the high turnout of young voters.

The Republican nomination is once again a tough contest between McCain and Romney since McCain came out the other day claiming that he already had it in the bag. At which point his rating in the polls dropped somewhat.

But then again Romney has earned the endorsement of Donny & Marie Osmond and also Pat Boone. While Chuck Norris is sticking with Huckerbee.

McCain who will most likely keep taxes low and who 'like Giuliani' has the 'will win war mentality' even as I like to call it 'a conflict that sits a waits' will obviously get the nomination. The overall fact of the matter here is if there are ever going to be American troops in Iraq come 2026: Vote McCain.

Now the Democratic show down between Hillary and Obama is probably the most intense since ... probably the most intense I've ever seen. The bottom line is the Republicans no doubt want to see Hillary defeat Obama: because they are f****n scared sh*t of a guy like Obama who has Ted Kennedy stashed behind him and 'being in his own class' his political perspective even ranges with some conservative views really gives him the edge over the 71 year old McCain.

Richard Nixon's grandson is running the McCain camp in New York (I think that was what he said). He was saying that he was finding it difficult to keep up with McCain's 96 year old mother. So that is a posibility for DL should McCain get elected in November. :party:

Richard Nixon's grandson....is it just me or is the US turning into an elective monarchy...

Richard Nixon's grandson is running the McCain camp in New York (I think that was what he said). He was saying that he was finding it difficult to keep up with McCain's 96 year old mother. So that is a posibility for DL should McCain get elected in November. :party:

Richard Nixon's grandson....is it just me or is the US turning into an elective monarchy...

Only if your name is Kennedy.

Look who has joined Mitt Romney's campaign as his foreign policy advisor.

McCain who will most likely keep taxes low and who 'like Giuliani' has the 'will win war mentality' even as I like to call it 'a conflict that sits a waits' will obviously get the nomination. The overall fact of the matter here is if there are ever going to be American troops in Iraq come 2026: Vote McCain.

Now the Democratic show down between Hillary and Obama is probably the most intense since ... probably the most intense I've ever seen. The bottom line is the Republicans no doubt want to see Hillary defeat Obama: because they are f****n scared sh*t of a guy like Obama who has Ted Kennedy stashed behind him and 'being in his own class' his political perspective even ranges with some conservative views really gives him the edge over the 71 year old McCain.

I find it very odd that Ted Kennedy switching sides ( I believe he actually endorsed Bill Clintons campaign ) should give Obamas campaign the boost it has.

Lets be honest here, Ted Kennedy is not and never has been JFK has he. JFK was a Political giant, his indescretions forgiven because he was, well, JFK.

Ted Kennedy, had he not been a Kennedy, would have been a no mark. His impact as a Politician has never been bigger than his surname, a man who was never bought to book over Chappaquiddick, thanks to his surname, etc, etc.

TBH, I think Clinton and Obama are too smary by half, yet, I think the next President will be one of these two.

I find it very odd that Ted Kennedy switching sides ( I believe he actually endorsed Bill Clintons campaign ) should give Obamas campaign the boost it has.

Lets be honest here, Ted Kennedy is not and never has been JFK has he. JFK was a Political giant, his indescretions forgiven because he was, well, JFK.

Ted Kennedy, had he not been a Kennedy, would have been a no mark. His impact as a Politician has never been bigger than his surname, a man who was never bought to book over Chappaquiddick, thanks to his surname, etc, etc.

TBH, I think Clinton and Obama are too smary by half, yet, I think the next President will be one of these two.

Lord- I mostly agree with your analysis except that Teddy's switch isn't really odd, it's par for the course. I must admit that I'm ignorant as to what "smary" means. BS- Even though you're a fellow American, I seldom can fathom what you're getting at. No offense intended.

BS- Even though you're a fellow American, I seldom can fathom what you're getting at. No offense intended.

What I'm saying is 'Obama is feared' by the Republicans. If he gets this nomination I'm in doubt John McCain will be able to defeat him come this fall. Now I'm not saying McCain would defeat Hillary Clinton don't get me wrong, but the odds are greater that he would be defeated by a candidate like Obama even as I feel this country is more prepared for a female president then a black president.

Now Ted Kennedy backing him up in my view is a big deal at some extent. Ted Kennedy didn't live up to the height of his brothers but the prestige 'the name' is still there and by Ted coming out like a ring announcing Michael Buffer for Obama it only promotes his cause and to me it means 'This is the Kennedy way - this is our candidate' and as some people look at the Kennedy's as political gods I think it holds an impact.

But overall Obama will attract a majority of America's youth and one of his most significant lines to me is I am not opposed to all wars. I'm opposed to dumb wars. If McCain gets elected president - regardless of what he says we will most likely be in Iraq until at least until 2013\2014. In my view it's going to be extremely difficult for Obama to defeat Hillary and her black husband even with the reputation he has - and if he should - I think he will take it all.

Thanks for the clarification, BS. I agree with you on quite a few of your points. I think the Republicans ought to be afraid of either Hillary or Obama. They will be hard pressed to beat either of them. I really do believe that the electorate is "ready" for a black man or a woman as long as their platforms and ideas resonate.

Thanks for the clarification, BS. I agree with you on quite a few of your points. I think the Republicans ought to be afraid of either Hillary or Obama. They will be hard pressed to beat either of them. I really do believe that the electorate is "ready" for a black man or a woman as long as their platforms and ideas resonate.

I'm not so sure.

If John McCain and Hillary Clinton get nominated, the election is McCain's to lose. Obama may be a little harder for McCain to beat but I still think he may well do it.

If McCain runs with Huckabee as his VP he'll probably pull the Republican Party back together enough to win.

I'm not so sure.

If John McCain and Hillary Clinton get nominated, the election is McCain's to lose. Obama may be a little harder for McCain to beat but I still think he may well do it.

If McCain runs with Huckabee as his VP he'll probably pull the Republican Party back together enough to win.

If McCain chooses Huckabee as his VP. Now that's real scary stuff

Huckabee has went on about about something called 'Fair Tax' but the most problematic thing I've heard him talk about is 'amending the constitution to gods standards' I mean this isn't 1492. The big question in my mind is 'How do you know' 'gods so called' standards? It doesn't sound like the alternative.

Now if McCain does choose Huckabee as his vice president then it will make all this much more of an even match.

Huckabee has went on about about something called 'Fair Tax' but the most problematic thing I've heard him talk about is 'amending the constitution to gods standards' I mean this isn't 1492. The big question in my mind is 'How do you know' 'gods so called' standards? It doesn't sound like the alternative.

Now if McCain does choose Huckabee as his vice president then it will make all this much more of an even match.

He probably claims that he hears God's voice in his head.

It scares me when Presidential candidates confuse their religious beliefs with politics.

He will probably end up as McCain's VP candidate.

Given the fact that McCain is 71, Romney might be the one cashing in his chips half way through a McCain presidency...

Then again - maybe not.

He will probably end up as McCain's VP candidate.

Given the fact that McCain is 71, Romney might be the one cashing in his chips half way through a McCain presidency...

Then again - maybe not.

You mean as in "McCain Oven Chips?"

Will Obama be assassinated if he become President?

Doris Lessing thinks so.

Just because somebody wins a 'Nobel prize' does not mean what they are saying holds any significance. I mean even if Obama doesn't win I don't think many could set a better 'Breakthrough' example then what he has done.

It's not like he goes and tries to be recognized as a black man it's more the less he goes out there just as all the other candidates. I think in 2008 that is the approach to take. Then again, in our past the majority of black people who have made racial breakthroughs just wanted to be just like anyone else 'Well Rosa was a little difficult, she had bus rage' but overall the man not only has to defeat Hillary but he also has to defeat 'Bill Clinton' and he had the balls to tell Hillary on one of the debates 'Sometimes I have trouble telling the difference who I'm running against' and no matter the outcome he has set the ultimate example.

Doris Lessing thinks so.

Mr Obama, the 46-year-old son of a black Kenyan man and a white American, dismissed Mrs Lessing's comments.

...by not saying anything! Why do journos do that?

Wow, this sucker's over

they dropped Obama on me, baby

Hillary will eventually dry up and blow away, so the next question is who McCain and Obama will choose as running mates. I'm not sure what the rules are on having an Austrian-born Terminator as vice president. Edwards might have been a decent choice for the Dems, but he was part of a losing ticket last time.

At least there'll be a decent President either way. Hopefully.

Doris Lessing thinks so.

Mr Obama, the 46-year-old son of a black Kenyan man and a white American, dismissed Mrs Lessing's comments.

...by not saying anything! Why do journos do that?

Daily Mail journalists do that. They shouldn't all be tarred with the same brush.