Windsor

Who Do You Think Will Win The Democrat And Republican Nominations?

45 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Wow, this sucker's over

they dropped Obama on me, baby

Hillary will eventually dry up and blow away, so the next question is who McCain and Obama will choose as running mates. I'm not sure what the rules are on having an Austrian-born Terminator as vice president. Edwards might have been a decent choice for the Dems, but he was part of a losing ticket last time.

At least there'll be a decent President either way. Hopefully.

I wouldn't say that it is over yet.

If she loses Texas then yes, she is screwed. I can't see that happening.

Incidently, if it is a Obama and McCain battle for the presidency, this next Presidency should be cursed. On the two occassions where two senators have battled for the presidency, the winner has died in office. The first was Warren Harding in 1923,and the second John Kennedy in 1963.

McCain - OAP -stroke half way through his term? (How ageist of me).

Obama - gun bait in Texas? (How racist of me).

Incidently, if it is a Obama and McCain battle for the presidency, this next Presidency should be cursed. On the two occassions where two senators have battled for the presidency, the winner has died in office. The first was Warren Harding in 1923,and the second John Kennedy in 1963.

McCain - OAP -stroke half way through his term? (How ageist of me).

Obama - gun bait in Texas? (How racist of me).

Excellent noting of political curses Windsor. Another one, the string of Presidents elected every 20 years who went on to die in office, which began in 1840, ended when Reagan survived eight years and John Hinckley.

1840 – Harrison - died of pneumonia one month after taking office (the Pope John Paul I of Presidents)

1860 – Lincoln - assassinated in 1865

1880 – Garfield - shot in July 1881, died two months later

1900 – McKinley - assassinated in 1901

1920 – Harding - died of a heart attack in 1923

1940 – F. D. Roosevelt - died of cerebral hemorrhage in 1945

1960 – Kennedy - assassinated in 1963

1980 – Reagan survived assassination attempt

Hopefully there's still time for this streak to start back up again over the next 11 months....

Wow, this sucker's over

.... who McCain and Obama will choose as running mates. I'm not sure what the rules are on having an Austrian-born Terminator as vice president. Edwards might have been a decent choice for the Dems, but he was part of a losing ticket last time.

At least there'll be a decent President either way. Hopefully.

Ve cahnt have da terminator for da veep because off dis, per Viki:

The Twelfth Amendment explicitly precluded from being Vice President those ineligible to be President: people under thirty-five years of age, those who have not inhabited the United States for at least fourteen years, and those who are not natural-born citizens. It is unclear if the Twenty-second Amendment's term-limiting provisions prevent two-term Presidents from becoming Vice Presidents (see that article for a fuller discussion).

I think the scariest combination for the Republicans to confront would be an Obama/Edwards ticket (although I agree with you that it is unlikely because Edwards still has that funk left over from the last election) and that the biggest challenge for the Dems would be a McCain/Huckabee team. Of course John McCain will be holding his nose while he makes the phone call, but it's possible he wants the presidency enough to do it.

the biggest challenge for the Dems would be a McCain/Huckabee team. Of course John McCain will be holding his nose while he makes the phone call, but it's possible he wants the presidency enough to do it.

I don't see McCain picking Huckabee. For all their talk about him not being conservative enough, the hard right wingers will still vote for McCain over a Democrat (especially a Democrat named Obama or Clinton) regardless of who he chooses as running mate. But if he goes with Huckabee he'll lose tons of middle ground voters who don't want someone who thinks the world was created 3,000 years by the hand of God to be a heartbeat away from the Oval Office. McCain needs someone young, dynamic, sensible and, ideally, female. Too bad Beyoncé's very likely claimed she's not a Republican.

I really don't think Johnathan Edwards will have anymore involvement in this race what so ever. He had the chance to back up 'probably Obama most likely' but I think it's too late by now. I also doubt John McCain will choose Mike Huckabee in any position.

Now Hillary has to win Texas 'I think she will' and Utah if she wants to remain in this race as a contender. I mean in reality Obama and Hillary are 'identical' Well obviously she is a woman and he is a black man but on political views the apples don't fall very far from the tree.

So overall I believe this is not a race of view but it is a race of personality. I think Obama has been bringin it' with the microphone which I can't help it' but I see Hillary as 'Screw job Hillary' she's dirty I mean the woman will bring up any random weak issue that puts a big minus on Obama and he plays defense. But I don't 'dislike Hillary' I just see that as the facts. Barack is more convincing 'in fair play' when it comes to the debates.

Now the insane thing about Obama is if you are a hardcore Republican and you like McCain you might also like Obama. Especially with the young conservative voters 'and young people in general' I can't see how McCain could ever live up to a victory if they are the two facing off come this November.

O and I don't know about Beyonce and politics Cowboy Ronnie - I always pictured her more the less in a hot tub but hey maybe it's just me?

Not long to go then...

So how long are we going to give him? Me 6 -12 months.

I suspect he'll be hell-bent on lasting until GWB is out of office, and a black man is President of the USA. I predict February 2009. Viva Fidel! Viva Cuba!

John Mccain will be the next president of the USA. Hillary Clinton will choose the presidencial candidate for Democratic Party. Fidel Castro Ruz will live 6 months at most.

I dread the thought of another Republican president after 8 years of Bush Jr

[this post and next two moved because they were no longer about Fidel Castro]

Not long to go then...

So how long are we going to give him? Me 6 -12 months.

I suspect he'll be hell-bent on lasting until GWB is out of office, and a black man is President of the USA. I predict February 2009. Viva Fidel! Viva Cuba!

John Mccain will be the next president of the USA. Hillary Clinton will choose the presidencial candidate for Democratic Party. Fidel Castro Ruz will live 6 months at most.

McCain is sort of a Republican...the people that hate him most are the conservatives because he tends to be moderate on everything. He is no Bush Jr. Either him or Obama will be fine. Hillary is on life support.

Me too, though thank goodness that it isn't Jeb Bush, he's even more gung-ho than George.

Personally I think Obama might just win it.

If any of you saw the Republican conference at the 'Reagon Day Dinner' 'everything is Reagon with these people' I just don't get how they keep saying 'If Obama or Hillary are elected 'we are surrendering from this war'

My question is: Surrendering to who?

Now last night I saw something about Obama taking the words from some Democrat of Massachusetts named Deval Patrick. The man 'Obama' has written two different books 'so he has his own words but this time he tried the easy way out and paid a price. They are very inspiring words but they were also the perfect low blow opportunity for screw job Hillary.

http://www.sledgehammertotheface.com/2008/...nspiring-words/

Now the Klan are behind him.

Got front row seating at the Texas Debate Screening Party (not surprisingly, they don't let 'mmgants into the actual debate). The fact that Chelsea Clinton canceled on us at the last minute cemented my support for Barack Obama. Well that and the fact that I'd rather see George Bush Jr. in a third term of office than give Hillary Clinton five minutes as Commander in Chief.

Hopefully Texas/Ohio will put the seal on Obama vs. McCain. As has been pointed out, at least with that election, most people are guaranteed to get at least something they like in a President no matter what the outcome.

Unless the Green Party has a surprise comeback. :rip:

That is priceless.

Death in Dallas. A policeman in Hilary Clinton's motorcade has been killed after his motorbike crashed in to a kerb.

I love the quality of the posters on that article. They remind me of someone else hereabouts.

The KKK are one big happy family, which started with a women, with out the women there'd be no man, a women is mind is Your Mother, Sister and daughter, without a women men would be lost, a women who ever it is, is what America needs, God gave the women the gift to give birth because in the end she is the stronger, and a pillar to all, need I say more.

Hilary is fighting for every women out there, we should be thankful she is running, enough is enough, why not see if a women can make a difference, and with that said all women should vote for the mere fact, not for what you think she

NYRED 22-02-2008

It's after 12 AM Wednesday and I'm tired but what the hell.

We now enter the most desperate - most finger pointing - most selfish - most I'm sorry it didn't work out Hillary point of the race and if pathetic is ever a word to describe Mrs. Clinton - there is no better time then now.

In a recent (60 minutes) interview 'when it was actually competitive' I remember her saying in so many words 'Failure is not an option of thought ... If we fast forward a few weeks later she says... No matter what happens, we'll be fine' as if to say 'OK it's Plan B: Cheat Obama in every conceivable way possible - Even if I have to act like an honest 'New York Times' Compare with their McCain screwing-blond-lobbyist-story!

O and in other news Ralph Nader has decided to run for president for the fourth time.

... O and in other news Ralph Nader has decided to run for president for the fourth time.

I feel awful about Nader running; it worries me. When I hear the guy interviewed, I find myself agreeing with the vast majority of what he says, both about the murky politics of corporate lobbyists in Washington and his views on the wider world.

But, I have to admit the one basic truth that is the thorn in his campaign's side; surely no confirmed Republican voters are ever going to vote for Nader, so his entrance into the race can only benefit the Republicans by stripping potential votes from the Democrats. It reminds me of the Liberal Democrat party here in the UK; if everyone who agreed with their philosophies voted for them, they might win, but people just assume they've got no chance so they don't vote for them.

Am I alone in suspecting that Nader is actually some sort of long-term right-wing double agent?

Am I alone in suspecting that Nader is actually some sort of long-term right-wing double agent?

No...

Jun 29, 2004 | A Washington watchdog group is charging that Ralph Nader's presidential campaign benefited from "illegal" assistance provided by right-wing organizations -- at the behest of his supposed opponents in the Bush-Cheney campaign.

According to Citizens for Responsibility and Ethics in Washington -- whose name sounds as if Nader could once have been its founder -- the Nader presidential campaign received illicit assistance for its petition drive in Oregon last weekend from two local conservative organizations, which were "encouraged" by President Bush's campaign committee.

No...

Jun 29, 2004 | A Washington watchdog group is charging that Ralph Nader's presidential campaign benefited from "illegal" assistance provided by right-wing organizations -- at the behest of his supposed opponents in the Bush-Cheney campaign.

According to Citizens for Responsibility and Ethics in Washington -- whose name sounds as if Nader could once have been its founder -- the Nader presidential campaign received illicit assistance for its petition drive in Oregon last weekend from two local conservative organizations, which were "encouraged" by President Bush's campaign committee.

I think the way to neutralise this is for the left to convince Ron Paul to stand as a Libertarian independent. That should square things up nicely...

Ralph Nader is like an insect you can't get rid of. It is stated that he has been paid not to run for president once before but after titling his biography book 'An unreasonable man' who does unreasonable things to be heard in the world - I don't consider him a serious threat or problem, but a man of dedication.

No...

I think the way to neutralise this is for the left to convince Ron Paul to stand as a Libertarian independent. That should square things up nicely...

:) That's a brilliant suggestion, TMIB!

IMO Ron Paul makes way too much sense to ever be a Democrat or Republican candidate, anyway. On this video at about 7:05 he starts talking about what he would have done in the days after 9-11:

As for Ralph Nader, I think he is nothing more or less than a self-centered loon.

Or someone could just kill Ralph Nader.

Or someone could just kill Ralph Nader.

Or at the very least, someone could , with a little shrinkage here, a little microsoft paint there, substitute his face for Kate's in their avatar if they were so inclined.ionemoretimekw0.jpg