hellkat

Hospitalised!

On 20/01/2024 at 08:33, drol said:

Khandaker Mosharraf Hossain flown to Singapore after suffering cerebral hemorrhage.

Seriously, how is this fucker still alive?

I don't know, but he's on my Death By Numbers team!  Omitted him from my Overall Top 50 but yeah, thought he would be a good pick based on this thread.  Incidentally, how the hell is Song Ping still alive?  He would turn 107 in April!  

9 minutes ago, MrWonderful said:

I don't know, but he's on my Death By Numbers team!  Omitted him from my Overall Top 50 but yeah, thought he would be a good pick based on this thread.  Incidentally, how the hell is Song Ping still alive?  He would turn 107 in April!  

Every time the reaper comes to Song Ping he complains Zhang Lixiong should go first.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, drol said:

Every time the reaper comes to Song Ping he complains Zhang Lixiong should go first.

Just looked him up, wow, 110!  Would he obit? 

1 minute ago, MrWonderful said:

Just looked him up, wow, 110!  Would he obit? 

He's not even number one. Low rank cadre Shi Ping turns 112 in November.

Zhang Lixiong would get Xinhua and few other obits. I guess he won't QO, still. If he goes on a bit he will as one of the oldest living men and founding major general of PLA.

Song Ping is a sure QO.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, drol said:

He's not even number one. Low rank cadre Shi Ping turns 112 in November.

Zhang Lixiong would get Xinhua and few other obits. I guess he won't QO, still. If he goes on a bit he will as one of the oldest living men and founding major general of PLA.

Song Ping is a sure QO.

Yes, I figured Song Ping would.  Thanks for the info, and that's a good point about Zhang's status as a supercentenarian.  According to Wikipedia, the 50th-oldest person in the world as of today's date is 112 years and 141 days old.  And get this:  of the 50 names listed, 49 out of the 50 are women!  Maybe Zhang would QO after all, especially if he just makes it another year or certainly two.  

Yosam Odur Ebii, 94-year-old Ugandan Chief of the Lango peoplehospitalised but now out of danger.

Edit: Commenting on the above post, Zhang Lixiong making it through another year would be a true miracle. Suffering from advanced dementia and other ailments he was in ICU for most of 2023, the only reason he's still alive is that he's got a 20+ person medical team willing to do anything to subdue the inevitable at his use due to him being a Major General.

Unfortunately I doubt Zhang would obit. There is so much to say about him, long articles online about his life (in Chinese) but nearly zero previous mentions in English-language news...When Major General Tu Tongjin died last year at 108 the only English source to report it was a/the neurosurgery medical journal despite WSJ and LA Times having written articles on him in 2008! Tu wasn't as known in China as Zhang, but outside China I believe probably more or less 50 people have ever heard of Zhang. Of course someone here could always try emailing the Times or Guardian about a 110-year-old politician& veteran of a war that ended 89 years ago.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 04/02/2024 at 14:14, arghton said:

Tep Vong (currently a Cup pick, by the way) back in hospital and there's a patient monitor on in one of the images.

Tep Vong on oxygen. He doesn't look as bad as he looked last month...yet.

Also, Bun Rany had a brief fall + head injury hospitalisation at the same place recently. Still rumored to be very ill.

• Haha 1

Tep Vong will never die.

On 08/02/2024 at 16:57, arghton said:

Tep Vong on oxygen. He doesn't look as bad as he looked last month...yet.

Looks a bit worse today, but well enough to communicate.

vongimg1.png.822dcf163ab3d6c03266141e03d88c11.png

• Haha 1

Brief recap on hospitalised folks:

1)Vidya Stokes (1927): Indian ancient politician, who survived serious illness some years ago. Stable and recovering.

2)Mahathir Mohamad (1925): Immortal, hospitalised yet again with infection. Recovering.

3)Guido Crosetto (1963): gigantic Italian minister of defense, hospitalised with pericarditis. Not in any danger. DISCHARGED.

4)Lloyd Austin (1953): US secretary of defence, in ICU with bladder emergency. Expected to make full recovery. DISCHARGED.

5)Ali Hassan Mwinyi (1925): president of Tanzania, in hospital with chest infection.  DEAD

6)Tep Vong (1932): Cambodian immortal, hospitalised again. DEAD.

7)Mike Procter (1946): SA cricketer, hospitalised in ICU after surgical complications and cardiac arrest. DEAD.

8)Sujata (1952): Bangladeshi actress, heart disease and respiratory failure.

9)Vittorio Cecchi Gori (1942): in ICU with respiratory failure. Improving. DISCHARGED.

10)HD Deve Gowda (1933): routine check-up. DISCHARGED.

11)Steve McMichael (1958): in ICU with UTI. Improving and soon to be discharged. DISCHARGED.

12)Susana Baca (1944): hospitalised in ICU.

@arghton, anyone to add?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, drol said:

Brief recap on hospitalised folks:

1)Vidya Stokes (1927): Indian ancient politician, who survived serious illness some years ago. Stable and recovering.

2)Mahathir Mohamad (1925): Immortal, hospitalised yet again with infection. Recovering.

3)Guido Crosetto (1963): gigantic Italian minister of defense, hospitalised with pericarditis. Not in any danger.

4)Lloyd Austin (1953): US secretary of defence, in ICU with bladder emergency. Expected to make full recovery.

5)Ali Hassan Mwinyi (1925): president of Tanzania, in hospital with chest infection. 

6)Tep Vong (1932): Cambodian immortal, hospitalised again.

7)Mike Procter (1946): SA cricketer, hospitalised in ICU after surgical complications and cardiac arrest.

8) Joseph Chike Edozien (1925): Schrodinger's Asagba of Asaba, maybe dead maybe not.

@arghton, anyone to add?

Wilson Fittipaldi, isn't he still in hospital? Otherwise I have no interesting names to add. Russian comedian Yevgeny Petrosyan is in "deteriorating condition" according to some reports by the Russian media but we all know how reliable they are.

And three of my Finnish names...Juhani Palmu of course, but also social media celeb Pappa (has been hospitalised for a week atleast, suffers from mixed dementia and other ailments) and left wing member of parliament Kari Uotila who has been in hospital for 2 weeks now with "unknown illness", but is improving.

• Like 4

On 02/02/2022 at 10:20, drol said:

Giuliano Ferrara and Vittorio Cecchi Gori both discharged.

Vittorio Cecchi Gori hospitalised in ICU with respiratory failure, but "improving".

• Like 1

On 15/12/2023 at 22:44, drol said:

Zeman discharged too.

Zdenek Zeman hospitalised again but for "routine check-ups".

On 14/02/2024 at 10:59, drol said:

Vittorio Cecchi Gori hospitalised in ICU with respiratory failure, but "improving".

Cecchi Gori d....ecisively improving:banghead:

On 05/02/2024 at 14:07, alt obits guy said:

Hockey Hall of Famer Lanny McDonald hospitalized after a 'cardiac event' after arriving home in Calgary following All-Star weekend festivities in Toronto.

https://calgary.ctvnews.ca/i-owe-them-my-life-lanny-mcdonald-recovering-in-hospital-after-cardiac-event-1.6756385

Lanny McDonald out of hospital two weeks after cardiac event: https://www.cbc.ca/sports/hockey/nhl/lanny-mcdonald-out-of-hospital-cardiac-event-1.7119253

Chinese beverage billionaire Zong Qinghou hospitalised in ICU with lung cancer complications.

1 minute ago, arghton said:

Tep Vong on noninvasive ventilator but well enough to bless his visitors. Still not mentioned what exactly his main ailment is.

He has no ailments according to his fellow monks.

1 minute ago, drol said:

He has no ailments according to his fellow monks.

So nothing vong with him?!

• Haha 3

Archbishop Tadevush Kondrusevich is in the hospital.

This was announced by Archbishop Yusof Stanevsky during the evening mass in the Minsk Cathedral on February 21.

The reason for the hierarch's hospitalization is not reported. He underwent surgery for cancer last year.

t.me/christianvision 

Photo: a physicist and a chemist discussing the aether theory

images.jpeg

• Haha 1

On 23/02/2024 at 07:39, drol said:

Chinese beverage billionaire Zong Qinghou hospitalised in ICU with lung cancer complications.

Zong Qinghou dead at 78.

He was the richest man in mainland China for years.

• Like 3