maryportfuncity

Morgan Tsvangirai

A marked man, according to the link. And planning to return to Zimbabwe. In need of his own thread I reckon, if only so's we get familiar with the right spelling of his name.

A marked man, according to the link. And planning to return to Zimbabwe. In need of his own thread I reckon, if only so's we get familiar with the right spelling of his name.

From today's BBC News...

========================================================

'Snipers primed' in Zimbabwe plot

Mr Tsvangirai had planned to address a major MDC rally in Bulawayo

Zimbabwe's opposition has alleged the military is plotting to assassinate its presidential candidate using snipers.

Movement for Democratic Change (MDC) leader Morgan Tsvangirai postponed a return to Zimbabwe at the weekend.

He was due to start his campaign to defeat Robert Mugabe in a presidential election run-off on 27 June.

"We know there are 18 snipers, and the military intelligence directorate is in charge of this," MDC Secretary General Tendai Biti told reporters in Nairobi.

"Mugabe's military intelligence has compiled a list of 36 to 40 people to be assassinated. Top of the list are our leader Morgan Tsvangirai, myself and our spokesman Nelson Chamisa," Mr Biti said.

The US ambassador to Zimbabwe has warned that post-election violence makes a fair second round run-off vote impossible.

Opposition and human rights groups have said hundreds of opposition supporters have been beaten up and at least 30 killed since the first round on 29 March.

The ruling party denies supporting violence and says the West is trying to demonise Zimbabwe.

Polls

According to official results, Mr Tsvangirai won the presidential poll, but not by enough to avoid a run-off with President Mugabe.

MDC supporters have been beaten in rural areas

He has insisted he did pass the 50% threshold and so should have been declared the outright winner.

Mr Tsvangirai has spent more than a month outside Zimbabwe since then trying to drum up international support.

At the weekend, he had been due to speak to newly-elected members of parliament from his party, who will form a majority for the first time since independence.

The MDC leader had also planned to address a major rally in Zimbabwe's second city, Bulawayo, on Sunday.

Last year, Mr Tsvangirai was treated in hospital after being assaulted by police.

========================================================

If he doesn't make President, he'll probably make PM (post mortem)

As much as I want it to work out for Morgan Tsvangirai, I think I have him as a unique pick on Handrejka's deadpool.

So come on Mugabe, pull the finger out!

Oh, I just wanted to post the real election results here from the first round of voting:

Second: Tsvangirai MDC 67%

FIRST: Mugabe Zanu PF 24%

third: Markoni (ex Zanu PF) 8%

others: 1%

You see, its so obvious Mugs wins it?

He gets the tellers to just put Morgans votes under his few and there's no need to leave office!

Anyway 24% of the half of those who have not fled to South Africa still want him so whats the fuss about, only Saddam had a 100% approval rating.

(P.S. If you want to win Morgan, please stop playing with Bob and just set-up a Government in exile ready for the day Mugs dies of old age.)

Speaking of sniper range. MDC rallies seem to attract a lot of heavily armed Zanu PF supporters at the moment. I'd say there's a fair chance of an obit-worthy fatality in the fallout from this 'election.'

Oh, I just want to post the fake 2nd round voting scores here:

1st Mugs = 2,150,269

Last, Tsvangirai (because his name was still on the ballot paper) 233,000

Spoiled Ballots = 131,481

Now we do our best efforts in maths reconstructions. Because those above were so fake. How likely is it that Morgan gets exactly 233,000? That's a one in a thousand chance!

Mug's Zanu PF candidate came third in a minor local election fight, so I'll post Zanu PF just came exactly equal second nationally after MDC with Spoilt Ballot Papers. I'll add 233,000 to 131,481 to 131,481 (That's 495,962). Then divide 2,514,750 by 495,962 to factor a round up of 5.0704489. So 131,482 times 5.0704489 = Mugabe's real number of votes.

Low-and-behold without doing any real fancy maths other than bash one set of sums on my casio fx82LB I have a whole string of 666's to indicate that Mug's is the devil incarnate!

1st Tsvangirai = 1,181,414.6

=2nd Mugabe = 666,667.69 (rounded up is 666,668 minus his and his wifes votes gives you the exact score 666,666!

=2nd Spoiled Ballots = 666,667.69

I hadn't noticed this thread until today, well done Mary. I'd say he's deffy worth a place on next year's list if he's still eligible for by-election (i.e. still alive) after Christmas.

I hadn't noticed this thread until today, well done Mary. I'd say he's deffy worth a place on next year's list if he's still eligible for by-election (i.e. still alive) after Christmas.

Mugabe's too crafty for that. The way he manipulated the election was as masterful as Johnny Cochrane playing the OJ jury. Intimidate the electorate and stuff ballots so the first vote's close enough for a run-off, then ramp things up to terrifying potential voters and scaring Tsvangirai into dropping out. Hey-presto, Mugabe played by the rules, and it's not his fault there was no one running against him in round two.

He knows that anything bad happening to Tsava would be a step too far, so he'll keep him around as the face of the opposition to prove democracy is flourishing in Zimbabwe.

Mugabe's too crafty for that. The way he manipulated the election was as masterful as Johnny Cochrane playing the OJ jury. Intimidate the electorate and stuff ballots so the first vote's close enough for a run-off, then ramp things up to terrifying potential voters and scaring Tsvangirai into dropping out. Hey-presto, Mugabe played by the rules, and it's not his fault there was no one running against him in round two.

He knows that anything bad happening to Tsava would be a step too far, so he'll keep him around as the face of the opposition to prove democracy is flourishing in Zimbabwe.

Not entirely sure Mugabe is so in control there CR. The first election was a shock to MUGabe and all who keep him in power. The long-term problems remain, especially for the likes of police and army commanders who've overseen large scale intimidation and are likely to outlive Mugabe. When regimes using intimidation to paper over the cracks of meltdown topple, the go down massively and head into destabilisation. I'd say Mugabe thinks he's doing what you suggest above but one other factor - like an organised militia taking the fight to guerilla tactics against the government, or significant outside interference from more stable African regimes - would push Zimbabwe over the edge.

Not going well in the power sharing deal.

Mugabe and his men may yet 'do' for him. More likely, the whole country will tip over into complete chaos, again.

According to this report Morgan Tsvangirai has been injured and his wife killed in a car crash.

According to this report Morgan Tsvangirai has been injured and his wife killed in a car crash.

Not quite sure who I'd prefer at my bedside, Jack Tweed or Robert Mugabe. He was sure quick to act. Roadrunner to Wile E Coyote, perhaps he's agents were close but in the end got the wrong guy (gal).

Guess "Mugs" just wanted to know for himself just how bad Morgan was, after being hit by an army truck.

The only way this can possibly end is if someone gets one-on-one with Mr Mugabe, takes out a revolver and shoots the bastard dead...

agents of change and all that!! he will be dead in year though another 'accident ' . let me tell you it wont be Mugabe that is behind. isnt it funny how it was an acerican aid truck that stuck morgan's 4 by 4.

The only way this can possibly end is if someone gets one-on-one with Mr Mugabe, takes out a revolver and shoots the bastard dead...

I reckon all traffic wardens* should be known as "Mugabe"....it's amazing that people who don't deserve any "power" (like traffic wardens) suddenly feel they have authority and, for once in their seedy, miserable lives can dole out sh*t to people who really are more useful to society. Mugabe's the same. Power corrupts, absolute power corrupts absolutely. His army chiefs must be well looked after, otherwise why wouldn't they just claim what they are already getting PLUS Mugabe's share.

I hope what Mugabe has done are recognised as crimes against humanity before he develops Pinochet Syndrome.

postscript: I've just realised this is semi Mugabe/Room 101.

* I have never driven, so this is an observation, rather than a chip on my shoulder....it's their smug attitude I abhor.

I reckon all traffic wardens* should be known as "Mugabe"....it's amazing that people who don't deserve any "power" (like traffic wardens) suddenly feel they have authority and, for once in their seedy, miserable lives can dole out sh*t to people who really are more useful to society. Mugabe's the same. Power corrupts, absolute power corrupts absolutely. His army chiefs must be well looked after, otherwise why wouldn't they just claim what they are already getting PLUS Mugabe's share.

I hope what Mugabe has done are recognised as crimes against humanity before he develops Pinochet Syndrome.

postscript: I've just realised this is semi Mugabe/Room 101.

* I have never driven, so this is an observation, rather than a chip on my shoulder....it's their smug attitude I abhor.

I sincerely hope we don't adopt Zimbabwe's economic policy in the same we did from Pinochet's Chile. I know things are difficult, but...

Witchdoctor....