Vaagheid

People Who Are Dead According To Wikipedia...

On 07/01/2024 at 00:36, Ulitzer95 said:

British actor Oscar Quitak (wiki) supposedly died in Ibiza on 31 December 2023, aged 97. Edit looks credible.

2086398674_OscarQuitak.png.07acd3efe5da51e0f8c6d6d509b50a9f.png

With no confirmation either way (in general, not blaming you!), annoyingly, he's annoying on my Hares team. Andree Melly died in Ibiza so the location would be accurate, but the news if true has completely skipped by most of the folk I thought would be on it. There's always a Stage reference... eventually. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, msc said:

With no confirmation either way (in general, not blaming you!), annoyingly, he's annoying on my Hares team. Andree Melly died in Ibiza so the location would be accurate, but the news if true has completely skipped by most of the folk I thought would be on it. There's always a Stage reference... eventually. 

I emailed the Guardian and they’re not interested in writing an obit. Not notable enough apparently. I beg to differ.

I haven’t been able to find a single mention on Twitter or Facebook. I didn’t see anything in the Probate Search. I believe he’s dead but sadly there’s nothing to go off of and I don’t know who else to contact.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Ulitzer95 said:

I emailed the Guardian and they’re not interested in writing an obit. Not notable enough apparently. I beg to differ.

FFS!!!!

Looking it up, apparently The Guardian didn't give Andree Melly an obit either by looks of it.

• Shocked 1

8 minutes ago, Ulitzer95 said:

I haven’t been able to find a single mention on Twitter or Facebook. I didn’t see anything in the Probate Search. I believe he’s dead but sadly there’s nothing to go off of and I don’t know who else to contact.

The last photo of Oscar and Andree together in Ibiza

• Sad 1

American academic, banker and finance editor Jack M. Guttentag (wiki), allegedly dead at 100.

On 06/02/2024 at 14:29, Gisooo said:

The last photo of Oscar and Andree together in Ibiza

It;s a strange one because in that episode of Yes Minister he looks like he's in his 70's.

Here he is 40 years later in his 90's and he looks like he's in his 70's.

Sir Anthony Epstein (wiki), co-discoverer of the Epstein-Barr virus, dead at 102 if you read the latest comment on his Wiki talk page. Death notice due in The Times in the next few days, after which a full obit will likely be published.

A unique DDP pick.

• Like 13
  • Shocked 1

2 minutes ago, Ulitzer95 said:

Sir Anthony Epstein (wiki), co-discoverer of the Epstein-Barr virus, dead at 102 if you read the latest comment on his Wiki talk page. Death notice due in The Times in the next few days, after which a full obit will likely be published.

A unique DDP pick.

I’ve searched and I don’t think his colleague Yvonne Barr got a Q/O when she died in 2018. He is more notable than her so should obit through. 

On 08/02/2024 at 23:22, Ulitzer95 said:

A unique DDP pick.

As promised, Times QO for Epstein.

Edit: Says he died on 6 Feb.

• Like 7

25 minutes ago, alt obits guy said:

Say hello to a short obit for Jack Guttentag: https://obits.cremationsocietyofphiladelphia.com/jack-guttentag

He posted it on wiki many hours ago, so he has already said hello.

• Like 2

Charles Stendig (wiki), American furniture businessman, supposedly dead at 99.

Also a WWII veteran.

image.jpeg.4f96cdbbfe0ed388e36b28335943f522.jpeg

• Like 1

8 hours ago, YoungWillz said:

Is he history? Seems so...

Wikipedia not sure if David Irving is dead. The "source" does not confirm his death, only that there are reports of it.

Edited by polar duck
WIkipedia denies David Irving's death

American poet Lyn Hejinian (wiki) reportedly dead at 82.

• Sad 1

4 minutes ago, drol said:

American poet Lyn Hejinian (wiki) reportedly dead at 82.

Twitter

Thank you, but Wikipedia needs solid sources. 

And she is notable enough for NYT. 

• Thanks 1

On 07/01/2024 at 01:36, Ulitzer95 said:

British actor Oscar Quitak (wiki) supposedly died in Ibiza on 31 December 2023, aged 97. Edit looks credible.

2086398674_OscarQuitak.png.07acd3efe5da51e0f8c6d6d509b50a9f.png

I wrote to the person who made the IG post of Oscar and Andree together, in private and she told me that she is a relative of Oscar and unfortunately he is really dead.

I think this should be enough to update his wiki! 

• Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, Gisooo said:

I wrote to the person who made the IG post of Oscar and Andree together, in private and she told me that she is a relative of Oscar and unfortunately he is really dead.

I think this should enough to update his wiki! 

Thank you!!

• Like 1

Just noticed that he's a DDP pick this year also. Whoops!

On 25/02/2024 at 06:44, drol said:

Thank you, but Wikipedia needs solid sources. 

And she is notable enough for NYT. 

Wikipedia now has a reliable source: https://english.berkeley.edu/news/remembering-lyn-hejinian-0

I met her a few times several years ago. She was a very kind woman. Makes me wonder about her colleague, Bob Haas. I hope he’s around for a while yet. 

British diplomat and prisons inspector Sir James Hennessy (wiki) supposedly dead at 100.

A unique DDP pick.

• Like 2

On 28/02/2024 at 22:51, Ulitzer95 said:

British diplomat and prisons inspector Sir James Hennessy (wiki) supposedly dead at 100.

A unique DDP pick.

Times death notice.

Spoiler

HENNESSY Sir James Patrick Ivan KBE CMG died peacefully on 25th February 2024, aged 100, at the Arthur Rank Hospice in Cambridge. Beloved husband of (the late) Patricia Unwin and devoted father to his five daughters, 17 grandchildren and 13 great-grandchildren. Family funeral service at St Philip Howard Church, Cambridge, on Thursday 7th March, 2024.

• Like 1

American photographer David Johnson (Wiki) reported dead at 97

American medical researcher Howard Hiatt (Wiki) reported dead at 98

• Like 1