Sign in to follow this  
Boudicca

President (recumbent) Barack Obama

I watched that, ehrm, thing for a few minutes. While fascinating subject matter, I got bored by the comment voice.

In the 1970s I spent many nightly hours listening to shortwave radio. It's difficult to explain what was so big about that, so allow me to use a video of a pop song from the 1980s as an illustration: Tom Robinson's Listen To The Radio:

At 2:00 the third stanza (what's the English word for that in songs?) begins that explains the atmosphere much better than I can.

While traversing the radio bands, I occasionally bumped into a transmission of code messages, consisting of long strings of numbers from 0 to 9, grouped in blocks of five, spoken, invariably, by a female. Some of them in English, some in German, others in French, Spanish, Russian or languages I couldn't understand. It went on for, sometimes, hours. At that time there weren't voice generators for that kind of thing, so actual human beings had, at some time, recorded those messages. As you can imagine, those messages were spoken in a completely uninterested way, causing boredom to seep from the speaker of my radio set. It was all I needed to fall asleep in minutes.

Anyway, the comment reminded me of those messages, and I couldn't stand more than a few minutes.

Edit to add: apparently those code messages were broadcast by so-called numbers stations. WP

As an aside: now that we do have such voice generators, we also have the internet, so those nocturnal code messages have disappeared.

01673 2346 13721 67024 98762 89837 61208,

Hein

Edited by Magere Hein
Link to Wikipedia entry on Number station added.

I agree, the voice commentary sounded like station announcements. Or the old Speaking Clock. All the words recorded separately and strung together as required.

That dot was an aim to get back to normality. Maybe it's all bollox. I bloody well hope so.

But everyone put your hand in the air if you believe the USA has a Bl4ck 0pps programme.

Oh and I heard that Facebook had to take down a group that went mega viral on this subject because it was outside the remit of its community ethos.

One thing to me rings loud, the surprise death of J0an R1vers. Coincidentally just two months on from voicing her opinions on this very subject.

If I get it in the neck too, sh1t, so be it. What with Ebola, only 10% of us will survive into 2017. Those American troops heading to Liberia? I hope it's not a cover for capture of the virus, weaponisation of it and processing it into every product line of an American food company.

Mad?

So why has the President started on his bucket list, by visiting Stonehenge the other day? Is that because, he knows what a short time we all have left?

Yes, quite MAD !!!

I watched that, ehrm, thing for a few minutes. While fascinating subject matter, I got bored by the comment voice.

In the 1970s I spent many nightly hours listening to shortwave radio. It's difficult to explain what was so big about that, so allow me to use a video of a pop song from the 1980s as an illustration: Tom Robinson's Listen To The Radio:

At 2:00 the third stanza (what's the English word for that in songs?) begins that explains the atmosphere much better than I can.

While traversing the radio bands, I occasionally bumped into a transmission of code messages, consisting of long strings of numbers from 0 to 9, grouped in blocks of five, spoken, invariably, by a female. Some of them in English, some in German, others in French, Spanish, Russian or languages I couldn't understand. It went on for, sometimes, hours. At that time there weren't voice generators for that kind of thing, so actual human beings had, at some time, recorded those messages. As you can imagine, those messages were spoken in a completely uninterested way, causing boredom to seep from the speaker of my radio set. It was all I needed to fall asleep in minutes.

Anyway, the comment reminded me of those messages, and I couldn't stand more than a few minutes.

Edit to add: apparently those code messages were broadcast by so-called numbers stations. WP

As an aside: now that we do have such voice generators, we also have the internet, so those nocturnal code messages have disappeared.

01673 2346 13721 67024 98762 89837 61208,

Hein

To answer your questions, in English a stanza is called... a stanza. :D (Okay, they sometimes call it a verse, too.)

Also, here is an article about Number Stations on DamnInteresting.com (a great website, by the way): http://www.damninteresting.com/number-stations/

Am I the only person here who considers Michelle Obama to be a fine figure of a woman?

I'm thinking she's quite nice too. Actually I think she might have been a better president!

• Like 1

Perhaps she could even show some balls.

regards,

Hein

• Like 1

As for all this being bollox...

I really find it hard to believe that so many media sources are either dumb to this or are fully complicit with this "alleged" total charade.

Wake up America...

Or should it be: Waky Waky Polly Parrot...

And where is Michael Moore when you need the fat (expleated) ?

Perhaps she could even show some balls.

regards,

Hein

Isn't there a bit in 'Pride and Prejudice' where it says "The girls had reached the age when they longed for balls."

Or something like that.

As for all this being bollox...

I really find it hard to believe that so many media sources are either dumb to this or are fully complicit with this "alleged" total charade.

Wake up America...

Or should it be: Waky Waky Polly Parrot...

And where is Michael Moore when you need the fat (expleated) ?

I don't think Michael Moore would want to investigate this. It is well away from his usual victims: Gun lobby, big business, Republicans and rather surprisingly Germans.

While ISIS is well on course to behead everyone in the Eastern hemisphere by January 2017....... Obama is busy taking care of the really important stuff - taking away dead presidents' names from mountains and restoring them to the original native names.

Oh also, apparently Alaska is considered one of the most endangered parts of America in "climate change" terms - which is presumably why he's flying his massive kerosene-churning jumbo jet to it.

It always annoys me it is part of 'there' anyroads

Canadian ,,,,possibly.

Ruskie....ditto.

Independent state______should be.

A State if the Yanks;;;;;never.