Boudicca

President (recumbent) Barack Obama

ACT I

SCENE I. London. A street.

Enter GLOUCESTER, solus

GLOUCESTER Now is the winter of our discontent

Made glorious summer by this sun of York;

etc., etc., etc...

Thanks! I guess he'll claim he meant hardship all along as he didn't want to plagerise Bacon's work nor copy that other famous politician who also used it.

Aside, I had a little history lesson today from my landlady about de Gaulle and the idea of a US protectorate and how even today the French like to think their foreign policy is going along a different course to the United States.

Have been looking around for the speech in full and was surprised to find it in the current bun of all places.

It's day four in the Big Brother House White House and the death of the deathlist is high on Barack's to do list.

US regulators have approved research into the first human embryonic stem cell based therapy. With such treatments at our fingertips not only longevity but immortality awaits.

Lance-Corporal Jack Jones was brought to you courtesy of the Obama effect.

It's day four in the Big Brother House White House and the death of the deathlist is high on Barack's to do list.

US regulators have approved research into the first human embryonic stem cell based therapy. With such treatments at our fingertips not only longevity but immortality awaits.

Lance-Corporal Jack Jones was brought to you courtesy of the Obama effect.

Doesn't stop bullets though, does it? :unsure:

Big brother WAS watching.

In this inauguration photo you can clearly distinguish everyone in the crowd. Double click anywhere on the photo and in a few seconds it will zoom in and become more focused. This enlargement process can then be repeated over and over until one face is isolated from the crowd. This is ONE photo taken with a caméra-robot 1,474 megapixel, ie with 295 times more power than the 5 megapixels family cameras. Impressive yet worrying. Trust no-one.

Faites-lui faire le tour de vos amis, afin que tous apprennent la puissance dont peuvent disposer les gouvernements malveillants

Typical! They go to all that trouble, and he blinks when theytake the photo...

When I clicked this, I was sure that it was going to be one of those things where you keep clicking and peering into the picture, then all of the sudden some horrid picture pops up and screams at high volume.

Interesting stuff, though I suppose you'd have to know where your friends were standing to find them. Or have a lot of spare time on your hands. As for the privacy issue, I don't think that it's unreasonable to assume that if you're going to the public inauguration of one of the world's most powerful leaders that you can at all expect privacy. If something had happened, they're going to want/need to know as much as possible about everyone there.

When I clicked this, I was sure that it was going to be one of those things where you keep clicking and peering into the picture, then all of the sudden some horrid picture pops up and screams at high volume.

You obviuosly weren't looking hard enough:

gigapan-george-w-bush-dick-chaney.jpg

:skull:

(Incidentally, why is he 'recumbent' in the thread title? Does he spend a lot of time in the horizontal position?)

That was me. I'm not sure why. I had to change it from "elect" to something; "recumbent" sounded better than "incumbent" I suppose, and if he were to die, I expect he would spend quite a lot of his time lying down.

Obama continues traditional US pigdog imperialist aggression policies towards smaller, weaker nations.

Oh Barry Barry, it was all supposed to be so different this time.

(Incidentally, why is he 'recumbent' in the thread title? Does he spend a lot of time in the horizontal position?)

Interestingly, the fly put up a more spirited defense before being vanquished than did the entire Republican Guard in both Iraq wars combined.

And France in WWII.

Obama continues traditional US pigdog imperialist aggression policies towards smaller, weaker nations.

Oh Barry Barry, it was all supposed to be so different this time.

Interestingly, the fly put up a more spirited defense before being vanquished than did the entire Republican Guard in both Iraq wars combined.

And France in WWII.

Not to mention Jeff Goldblum.

Could the Obama family be packing their travel bags?

Moving out of the White House in January? Back to Chicago?

I can't see that happening.

This thread has been very overlooked of late.

Election Day today... Hope all the news is good...

Please, a plea to any our American posters... Don't vote for the Tea Party in sheep's clothing.

If you do...

Then i predict millions will die in the war with Iran.

• Like 1

This thread has been very overlooked of late.

Election Day today... Hope all the news is good...

Please, a plea to any our American posters... Don't vote for the Tea Party in sheep's clothing.

If you do...

Then i predict millions will die in the war with Iran.

Already voted Democrat friend.

• Like 2

Obama to nick it I reckon...

Obama to nick it I reckon...

Viewing the whole thing from the UK perspective and hoping for an Obama victory.

If Romney wins can we invite the aliens to invade?

• Like 1

obama to win with 290

romney will get 248 .

I think obama will be a lame duck president.

The figures look crazy. By all accounts the Romulans may take Florida, Ohio and Colorado. All three of the big states in play. That would put the madmen on 275, blue dogs on just 263.

If that comes to pass the red party will "get rid of" Mitt and the Tea Party will have their Manchurian Candidate in that wiener mobile driver taking us all for a ride to hell.

The winner might be revealed come midnight or it could take a week.

There are plenty of votes to be counted and if it so happens that neither candidate reaches the electoral 270 it's up to the House Of Representatives who have chosen the president twice in history. Thomas Jefferson in 1801 and John Quincy Adams in 1825.

Can anyone see Romney defeating Obama?

Just came across this stupidity:

http://www.buzzfeed....australia-if-o/

We really, really REALLY don't want these looney far-right morons here, thanks. :( :( :(

Everyone in our office did that online survey about US presidential candidates and their policies. The result was that, if the election were held here in Australia, Jill Stein would win in a massive landslide. The percentage of Romney's policies that matched our views were in the low single figures...

Obama wins, so the lesser of two evils has succeeded. Let us never forget that the lesser of two evils is still a thoroughly reprehensible human being though:

http://www.abc.net.a...ed/4090452.html

The article underlying Pilger's argument:

http://www.nytimes.c...?pagewanted=all

Not called Florida yet but 3% margin down (with 35% to count) in Colorado means that Mitt needs to think about making the call. That would be four contested counts if he wants it now. Gore only had to look at contesting the Florida vote and although Al won the vote he lost the race to recount.

06:01am edit = fair concession speech, shame he did't believe some of it.