Guest Amo

Wrestlers/actors

Speaking of late 90s fuck ups, GrandMaster Sexay (Lawler's son) is DOA.

No, wait, DUI. Always mix those two up.

Anyhow, as Spade already got in with the "Dead. Dead serious about going to Itchy and Scratchy Land" gag years ago, thus ends the crap wrestling/Simpsons jokes that only I liked.

On a different note, 30 years since Bruiser Brody was murdered, and Vice Sports have an article about him. His killer Jose Gonzalez is still alive and well and got away with it. Not mentioned in this is when Atsushi Onita did a controversial angle years later where Gonzalez stabbed him. This was to set up a grudge match in Tokyo, the whole point of which was to set up Gonzalez by getting him in Japan. The Yakuza, you see, really loved Brody. Alas, Gonzalez twigged and pulled out of the match.

On 25/07/2018 at 07:58, msc said:

Speaking of late 90s fuck ups, GrandMaster Sexay (Lawler's son) is DOA.

No, wait, DUI. Always mix those two up.

Rumours out there say you may have called this four days early.... 

On 20/07/2018 at 21:58, alt obits guy said:

Volkoff was still taking the odd booking as recently as June 2017. 

On 20/07/2018 at 20:22, msc said:

Something up with Nikolai Volkoff, apparently.

Always reminds me of one of my favourite stupid wrestling lines, from Hacksaw Jim Duggan: "Nikolai, I'm not going to let you sing your song [Russian anthem] anymore, because this is THE LAND OF THE FREE!" :lol:

PWInsider says Nik's dead.

Just saw that one looking up Brian Christopher.

Sounds like the 1940-early 1950s DOB wrestlers are starting to go en masse going by the last 18 months or so.

Christopher another of the druggies. And another Marty Jannetty outlives, that man is the Le Duc Anh of waster pro-wrestlers.

• Haha 1

Not a great day for Croatia...

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, YoungWillz said:

Not a great day for Croatia...

Must’ve been the disappointment of losing the World Cup final to France...

7 minutes ago, msc said:

Just saw that one looking up Brian Christopher.

Sounds like the 1940-early 1950s DOB wrestlers are starting to go en masse going by the last 18 months or so.

Christopher another of the druggies. And another Marty Jannetty outlives, that man is the Le Duc Anh of waster pro-wrestlers.

Has Christopher died? I don't understand.

Just now, drol said:

Rumours floating around, nothing official yet.

12 minutes ago, Spade_Cooley said:

Also picked up by a few other wrestling sites.  Won't be long before it breaks mainstream.  Would never have thought he'd go before his long-time partner the Iron Sheik.

1 minute ago, drol said:

Rumoured - went looking on Spade's post. Limbo right now.  Meant to be a "if true" in that post you quote but I got distracted by children.

Only two sources reporting Sexay's dead on Twitter, and each one is citing the other. Looks fake.

Maybe his death was something connected to the DUI? If he is indeed dead.

Two wrestlers in one day i sure its happened before but can't remember. 3 though i'm sure that hasn't happened.

3 minutes ago, drol said:

Only two sources reporting Sexay's dead on Twitter, and each one is citing the other. Looks fake.

The original source is his brothers Facebook account, which gives indications of at least a serious deterioration, possibly death - last update was 50 minutes ago.

1 minute ago, drol said:

Pro Wrestling Sheet says alive, but dying.

Note - Pro Wrestling Sheet has a rep in wrestling circles slightly lower than the National Inquirer's is. But now its out there, it'll be denied. Or...not.

Found these tweets. I've also heard now on twitter the origin was his brother. Though no screenshots of the post? Did he delete it quickly maybe?

IMG_20180729_165115.thumb.jpg.070f9e5b0f7dd4d70e8dbb70a5ea68e3.jpg

Just now, the_engineer said:

Found these tweets. I've also heard now on twitter the origin was his brother. Though no screenshots of the post? Did he delete it quickly maybe?

IMG_20180729_165115.thumb.jpg.070f9e5b0f7dd4d70e8dbb70a5ea68e3.jpg

All of the posts are still on his brothers account, there's about 5 of them. 

It appears Brickhouse Brown is dead again, at least according to Twitter chatter and the Wikipedia Deaths in 2018 page.

And so they decide to have a big triple threat in hell...

• Haha 1

News is going to more positive direction now hearing they found him hanging but not long & they cut him down quickly and he's still alive. Prayers with the lawler family. GMS brought me many happy memories as a child.

Ironic that a member of 2 Cool is going to have their body riddled with W O R M S.

Brickhouse Brown entry has been removed from Recent Deaths on Wiki. Source used was from 20th July.

Never forget this, the smallest pop in wrestling history:

7 minutes ago, the_engineer said:

News is going to more positive direction now hearing they found him hanging but not long & they cut him down quickly and he's still alive. Prayers with the lawler family. GMS brought me many happy memories as a child.

Premature - Pro Wrestling Insider just tweeted "Not expected to recover".

Brian Lawler, professionally known in professional wrestling as Brian Christopher (Christopher was his middle name) and then later on as Grandmaster Sexay of the WWE tag team Too Cool, is hospitalized in Memphis, TN following an incident yesterday at the Hardeman County Sheriff's Department in Bolivar, TN.

Multiple sources have confirmed to PWInsider.com that Lawler's situation is dire and he is not expected to recover.  Family members are assembling to say their goodbyes.   One WWE source confirmed the company was aware of the situation.  Obviously, we wish the Lawler family well during what is obviously a horrible situation.

3 minutes ago, Spade_Cooley said:

Never forget this, the smallest pop in wrestling history:

I can never watch that again.Only ever saw it once when it happened.The cringe and awkwardness is off the scale.

Oh well, they found him in the middle of a suicide attempt and rescued him, probably not without significant brain damage. As if that would change his outlook on life..