Sign in to follow this  
Lord Fellatio Nelson

Fings Aint Wot They Used To Be..

Frozen Jubilee drinks. These were in waxed triangular cartons and you bit off a corner and sucked so much that it made your gums bleed and all the orange turned to white ice. Chocolate Stingray lollypops were pretty good too.

Frozen Jubilee drinks. These were in waxed triangular cartons and you bit off a corner and sucked so much that it made your gums bleed and all the orange turned to white ice. Chocolate Stingray lollypops were pretty good too.

We used to call them jubblies.

As for biting off a corner, have you got teeth like that Jaws fella?

They were a nightmare to get into without scissors but lovely once you had.

We used to call them jubblies.

As for biting off a corner, have you got teeth like that Jaws fella?

They were a nightmare to get into without scissors but lovely once you had.

Yeh but once you got the corner off and were sucking out the juice, you got all sore on the corners of your mouth, just like that bit in The Krays were Reggie gives that bloke a permanent smile with a large knife.

Me and my brothers were this evening discussing whether ITV's current financial plight might see it

make some retrogrsde changes to its schedule, such as closing down at night and even for a bit in the afternoon.

News bulletins that last 15 mins and so on.

I was depressed by the news on ITV saying that they were unaffected by the changes.

I'm puzzled as to why the news media (and this includes newspapers and the net) have not been

affected by the recession.

Those lazy journos are hanging on by their buck teeth to their meal tickets aren't they? While at the same time

pontificating about the crisis in their usual 'tut, tut' manner...

Present company of journalists that are on this site excepted...

Last night on ITV2, I watched the Justin Lee Collins show. In it there's a section where he has to guess an

obscure face from TV past. For once, he got it wrong, but I knew who it was. It was Keith Jayne off of 'Stig of the Dump'.

The reason why I mention this, is becasue I'm sure I remember a TV news item from about a decade or so go,

where Jayne said he had some sort of disease or something. I can't remember what it was.

He looks older, but not particularly unwell.

After The Horror! The Horror! of Clunes' Reggie Perrin remake it's a blessed relief to hear that Cleese has ruled out a Fawlty return.

I didn't get where I am today by trying to give classic sitcoms a 21st century makeover. Great? Super? I think not.

While we're on the subject of TV, bring back the days when the I in ITV really stood for Independent - lots of smallish regional companies with their own distinct identities rather than this nationwide conglomeration with its impersonal corporate branding applied to everything but the local news programmes. Anglia, Southern, Westward...we miss you.

After The Horror! The Horror! of Clunes' Reggie Perrin remake it's a blessed relief to hear that Cleese has ruled out a Fawlty return.

I didn't get where I am today by trying to give classic sitcoms a 21st century makeover. Great? Super? I think not.

While we're on the subject of TV, bring back the days when the I in ITV really stood for Independent - lots of smallish regional companies with their own distinct identities rather than this nationwide conglomeration with its impersonal corporate branding applied to everything but the local news programmes. Anglia, Southern, Westward...we miss you.

They've got rid of the South Bank Show now...

Guest Roger Melly

I've got a brilliant idea for a new show. The South Wank Show. Each week a celebrity sits on the embankment and has a wank, and then Melvyn Twatt reviews the performance. It'll be a ratings winner, Tom.

I've got a brilliant idea for a new show. The South Wank Show. Each week a celebrity sits on the embankment and has a wank, and then Melvyn Twatt reviews the performance. It'll be a ratings winner, Tom.

Couldn't be any worse than the programme on Will Young I suppose...

Question. What are you nostalgic for?

Nothing. That's life. People die, jobs change, and life transforms into others things. Everything dies. If you want my honesty, the past means nothing to me. It's crumbs off of a table. It doesn't matter. If you want something, go find it.

I guess at some capacity you will always keep certain interests or friends but in the end we must look towards what is to come. Life changes and you must change with it. There is a beauty to that.

This.

The only constant is change. You can fight against the flow, but you'll have limited success.

I didn't really know where to post this but as we don't seem to have a 'TV programmes' thread so I thought this may be the best place. I was delighted to read during the week that the BBC are finally releasing Tutti Frutti on DVD, 23+ years after it's original broadcast and subsequent repeat a few months later, it's never been released in any format or repeated since 1987/8. I watched some of it on the first showing and saw the full series on the second showing but missed the last episode due to the boyfriend I had at the time not setting the video recorder properly :rip: I've waited 22 years to see it again, I really hope I'm not looking back at it through rose tinted spectacles and it is indeed as good as I remember.

Big Toffee Crisps. They're f*****g tiny now. When a woman needs chocolate, she needs it big. I can do a Toffee Crisp in two gobfuls nowadays.

They've mashed the rice crispies up in them now aswell. They're kinda sludgy and not very crisp anymore. Can anyone else remember plain chocolate Toffee crisps? They were in a blue wrapper and nobody I speak to ever remembers them.

I know it's an odd thing to miss, but I wish they'd bring back white dog poo. Dog poo used to dry out and dissolve into dust then get washed away by the rain. These days it sits around in a sticky pile and goes hairy, until you stand in it. It stinks a lot more now, aswell.

I know it's an odd thing to miss, but I wish they'd bring back white dog poo. Dog poo used to dry out and dissolve into dust then get washed away by the rain. These days it sits around in a sticky pile and goes hairy, until you stand in it. It stinks a lot more now, aswell.

A great idea.

Not so great when your pre school aged child runs up to you, white turd in hand, and tells you that they have found some chalk....

A great idea.

Not so great when your pre school aged child runs up to you, white turd in hand, and tells you that they have found some chalk....

Time was when dog excrement was called "pure" and the white crumbly stuff was highly sought after among the pure finders, originally known as "bunters" according to Henry Mayhew. The dog crap was collected from the streets in London's east end and sold to the tan yards for as much as a shilling a bucket if it was the dry white type as that possessed more alkaline. So it turns out your youngster LFN as been quite discerning if not entrepreneurial as there isn't the same demand for it these days.

And no this isn't a line from Call My Bluff.

Edit: how extraordinary: I wrote dog sh*t and the naughty word finder changed it to excrement, a word I don't think I have ever used in my life. Amazing what technology can do these days. I wonder if it only does it with the prefix "dog".

Experiment: excrement, dog excrement, dog excrement. I only wrote one excrement there so if there are two or more the naughty word finder has done its stuff.

What about dog diarrhea? That should have read dog sh*te. But it's OK if dogs leave their pure everywhere.

Edit: how extraordinary: I wrote dog sh*t and the naughty word finder changed it to excrement, a word I don't think I have ever used in my life. Amazing what technology can do these days. I wonder if it only does it with the prefix "dog".

Experiment: excrement, dog excrement, dog excrement. I only wrote one excrement there so if there are two or more the naughty word finder has done its stuff.

What about dog diarrhea? That should have read dog sh*te. But it's OK if dogs leave their pure everywhere.

Them pesky admins, eh? :rip:

It still exists Madcow but as most of us dog owners have been advised not to feed their dogs bones (hello? natural habitat) and feed them dog branded dry food (that is so unnatural, hell, fresh meat is a dogs natural diet, could you really eat muesli every day and nothing else?) it's hard to find it. Safe to say that when my dog eats a bone his poos are totally white and I know because I'm the one standing on the other end picking it up!!

A great idea.

Time was when dog excrement was called "pure" and the white crumbly stuff was highly sought after among the pure finders, originally known as "bunters" according to Henry Mayhew. The dog crap was collected from the streets in London's east end and sold to the tan yards for as much as a shilling a bucket if it was the dry white type as that possessed more alkaline. So it turns out your youngster LFN as been quite discerning if not entrepreneurial as there isn't the same demand for it these days.

Why is there even a swear filter on here? If I want to say p o o o, I can easily bypass it by doing that, or d u ck, or c u rt. Swearing is big and clever, and we should be allowed to express ourselves freely. So s ucking there.

It still exists Madcow but as most of us dog owners have been advised not to feed their dogs bones (hello? natural habitat) and feed them dog branded dry food (that is so unnatural, hell, fresh meat is a dogs natural diet, could you really eat muesli every day and nothing else?) it's hard to find it. Safe to say that when my dog eats a bone his poos are totally white and I know because I'm the one standing on the other end picking it up!!

I cannot, for the life of me, understand the pleasures of dog ownership which includes picking up their freshly excreted turds.

I saw some old geezer the other week who, being a perfectly responsible dog owner, was scraping a great big smelly soft one off of the path.

Fag ( thats a cigarette not a homosexual to you damn yankees) in mouth, turd in hands, he proceeded to stick the wrapped excrement into his pocket and, with same hand, take the fag out of his mouth.... :rip:

Dirty git.

I didn't really know where to post this but as we don't seem to have a 'TV programmes' thread so I thought this may be the best place. I was delighted to read during the week that the BBC are finally releasing Tutti Frutti on DVD, 23+ years after it's original broadcast and subsequent repeat a few months later, it's never been released in any format or repeated since 1987/8. I watched some of it on the first showing and saw the full series on the second showing but missed the last episode due to the boyfriend I had at the time not setting the video recorder properly :rip: I've waited 22 years to see it again, I really hope I'm not looking back at it through rose tinted spectacles and it is indeed as good as I remember.

Last year I saw the DVD of 'Gangsters' in HMV. This was must-see viewing back when I was a certain age in the seventies, so I shelled out a full £40 for it (2 series, 2 discs, no discount).

The first series was about as good as I remember. The second series was a major disappointment. The writer was trying to be far too clever and even if it was good originally it certainkly hasn't stood the test of time.

Hope Tutti-Frutti doesn't turn out the same!

I'm currently watching 'Cracker' as I never saw much of it first time round.

A great idea.

Why is there even a swear filter on here? If I want to say p o o o, I can easily bypass it by doing that, or d u ck, or c u rt. Swearing is big and clever, and we should be allowed to express ourselves freely. So s ucking there.

Ho Ho. Very sucking funny.