Sign in to follow this  
Banshees Scream

Corazon Aquino

Corazon Aquino, the first female president of the Philippines from 1986 - 1992 was diagnosed with colon cancer back in March. She has made an appearance on DL back in 1990 and some articles indicate that she is responding well to chemotherepy. On my radar it might only be a matter of time before she becomes a statistic.

I think she is a top priority for DL 2009.

Corazon Aquino, the first female president of the Philippines from 1986 - 1992 was diagnosed with colon cancer back in March. She has made an appearance on DL back in 1990 and some articles indicate that she is responding well to chemotherepy. On my radar it might only be a matter of time before she becomes a statistic.

I think she is a top priority for DL 2009.

Hmmm. Colonic cancer does have a pretty decent strike rate so she's a good each-way bet...

The thing that puzzles me is that she's not considered worthy of Deathlist status. I remember it being a big to-do when she usurped Marcos.

She was as much a part of the eighties in my eyes as J.R., Cabbage patch dolls and Frankie Goes to Hollywood in a South-Asian geopolitical sort of way... :unsure:

The thing that puzzles me is that she's not considered worthy of Deathlist status.

Where does it say she's not considered worthy of being on the DL? I'd have thought the fact that she has been on the list before would suggest the opposite. She isn't that old, and after things settled down in The Philippines and she dropped out of the limelight following her tenure as President, there didn't seem much point in keeping her on. Now she has cancer she's back in the frame for consideration, and will be discussed by the Committee next week. Here's what wiki says on her health:

"On March 24, 2008, the Aquino family announced that the former President had been diagnosed with colon cancer. Aquino underwent chemotherapy, and in public remarks made on May 13, 2008, she announced that blood tests indicate she is responding positively to the medical treatment."

The thing that puzzles me is that she's not considered worthy of Deathlist status.

Where does it say she's not considered worthy of being on the DL? I'd have thought the fact that she has been on the list before would suggest the opposite. She isn't that old, and after things settled down in The Philippines and she dropped out of the limelight following her tenure as President, there didn't seem much point in keeping her on. Now she has cancer she's back in the frame for consideration, and will be discussed by the Committee next week. Here's what wiki says on her health:

"On March 24, 2008, the Aquino family announced that the former President had been diagnosed with colon cancer. Aquino underwent chemotherapy, and in public remarks made on May 13, 2008, she announced that blood tests indicate she is responding positively to the medical treatment."

I think Aquino would be a good choice, but towards the bottom of her list. Even though colon cancer is quite deadly there's always a decent chance of beating it

Now she has cancer she's back in the frame for consideration, and will be discussed by the Committee next week.

Well, I think her health situation fits the DL criteria. She might only have a 50\50 shot of dying but that's the expectations most candidates have. If they all had the prognosis of Patrick Swayze it would all be perceived as very boring.

Now she has cancer she's back in the frame for consideration, and will be discussed by the Committee next week.

Well, I think her health situation fits the DL criteria. She might only have a 50\50 shot of dying but that's the expectations most candidates have. If they all had the prognosis of Patrick Swayze it would all be perceived as very boring.

Oh for heaven's sakes, Banshees. Cory Aquino has a much better than 50% chance of surviving 2009. If the DL had a whole list of 50/50 candidates the odds are 25 of them would die, which would be a new record by miles. And if her doctor posted here this weekend that she had a 50% chance of dying next year, she'd be on the 2009 list in a heartbeat. For next year, I can only think Swayze might fall into that category.

Corazon Aquino's health has improved and she is now in "partial remission" from cancer.

Diagnosed with colon cancer in March last year, she told friends then that she was “ready to go.” There was a time when her children were worried that she was sleeping for extended periods, and feared it was a sign “that she was already preparing us for the day when she would go.”

But today, Mrs. Aquino continues to report for work at her Makati office, hears Mass regularly, paints during her free time, and occasionally attends public functions.

Argh. Had her on my DDP team. 14 more points for me (with Robson's death). :rolleyes:

Oh for heaven's sakes, Banshees. Cory Aquino has a much better than 50% chance of surviving 2009. If the DL had a whole list of 50/50 candidates the odds are 25 of them would die, which would be a new record by miles. And if her doctor posted here this weekend that she had a 50% chance of dying next year, she'd be on the 2009 list in a heartbeat. For next year, I can only think Swayze might fall into that category.

Ah well, them's the breaks, Ronald.

Two hits in a day after two hits in 12 months!

Things are looking up...

Guest TDF
Argh. Had her on my DDP team. 14 more points for me (with Robson's death). :rolleyes:

What's that supposed to mean?

Is that "had" or "have"?

Whatever! :referee:

Mmmm, Aquino and Robson double might get me in to the top 20 for the first time this year, not good enough to catch those Goody speculators, but a bit more respectable. I guess a few others had them together as well. Nonetheless, a bright start to the weekend.