Grim Reaper

João Havelange

Whatever. He's going to hell in any case. Corrupt scumbag.

Wanted to like this but it's a guest.

Horrible, horrible man.

What is it with you guys and hatred of guests?

I think you're getting confused there. It's impossible to click the "like" button on guest posts. There is no like button on your posts because they have no registered profile with which to amass "likes". Whereas registered users can amass "likes". He didn't mean that he refused to approve of the post purely it because he was a guest.

As for guest posts, many guest posters post shitty messages. They tend to post notices of death long after the forum was already aware, amongst other annoying/illogical/stupid posts. And therefore some genuine and well-written/thought out guest posts do get flack just for being guests. The best thing you can do to avoid hate is to just sign up. It's not like it takes a lot of effort or anything.

Whatever. He's going to hell in any case. Corrupt scumbag.

Wanted to like this but it's a guest.

Horrible, horrible man.

What is it with you guys and hatred of guests?

He never claimed to hate guests, he even agreed with the guest's point. He can't 'like' a post made by guests because that option is only available for registered users.

That being said, in answer to your question, "Because they're usually presumptuous and stupid"

Guest Hansel

For all his flaws and unethical ways at least he never took a bribe from Qatar to ruin the tournament.

Guest trembleruss

You have Joao Havelange listed as expired but cannot find trace of his death

What are you wibbling about?

regards,

Hein

regards,

Hein

He is actually listed as "Expired" if you click on his name on the front page. Some mistake, obviously.

He is actually listed as "Expired" if you click on his name on the front page. Some mistake, obviously.

Oh, I see. That's an error; AFAIK mr Havelange is still alive.

Unfortunately I can't fix that. I'll take up the matter with the person who can.

regards,

Hein

Guest Guest

I think he is one of the more likely hits this year so hopefully he will be expired for real soon

Oh, I see. That's an error; AFAIK mr Havelange is still alive.

Unfortunately I can't fix that. I'll take up the matter with the person who can.

regards,

Hein

Glitch now fixed

GR

He, apparently, spent two weeks in the hospital recently and was discharged just prior to New Years Day.

His hospitalisation not being reported makes obit chances worse.

Nah, Havelange is a nailed on BBC obit. Major figure in Olympic Games and FIFA.

Nah, Havelange is a nailed on BBC obit. Major figure in Olympic Games and FIFA.

He's also a massive crook. Which helps.

There is a difference between an obituary and reporting on the hospitalisation of a man in his ninties. I am sure when the time comes FIFA will make the matter known and all those pre-written obituaries can fill the space in the papers.

This year with the World Cup in Brazil would add public interest to his death so it would be a good year to go. Probably sometime around May.

There is a difference between an obituary and reporting on the hospitalisation of a man in his ninties. I am sure when the time comes FIFA will make the matter known and all those pre-written obituaries can fill the space in the papers.

This year with the World Cup in Brazil would add public interest to his death so it would be a good year to go. Probably sometime around May.

If the matches are anything like those in 2010, I hope he dies during one of them...... just to relieve the tedium!

• Like 1

Sam Neill will be playing Joao in the film United Passions alongside Gerard Depardieu as Jules Rimet and Tim Roth as Sepp Blatter.

Don't expect a tell all expose of corruption this is being reported as a FIFA bankrolled vanity project.

Sepp has been to Cannes (like he needs another holiday)

Guest Guest98

Don't worry guys, I spoke with him 2 days ago and we will have lunch when I go to Brazil for the World Cup.

BAM !

Don't worry guys, I spoke with him 2 days ago and we will have lunch when I go to Brazil for the World Cup.

BAM !

I'm not sure if you're trying to mock Deathlist, or reassure us that you're going to "do something" to him at this lunch meeting.

Clarity can be really helpful you know.

Guest Guest

I think he will die immediately before or during the forthcoming World Cup

I think there's a good chance of it too. Perhaps a bunch of those Brazilian protesters (who aren't very happy about how much money has been spent on hosting the World Cup while they all wallow in slums) will kick his zimmer frame away from under his feet, causing him to lose balance and some of his bribe money to fall out of his overloaded pockets, which he will then slip on and roll down a massive bank into one of the many filthy lakes they have in Sao Paulo.

Guest Guest

I think there's a good chance of it too. Perhaps a bunch of those Brazilian protesters (who aren't very happy about how much money has been spent on hosting the World Cup while they all wallow in slums) will kick his zimmer frame away from under his feet, causing him to lose balance and some of his bribe money to fall out of his overloaded pockets, which he will then slip on and roll down a massive bank into one of the many filthy lakes they have in Sao Paulo.

i was thinking he'd probably just die of old age,but I'll settle for that instead !

Guest Guest98

I'm not sure if you're trying to mock Deathlist, or reassure us that you're going to "do something" to him at this lunch meeting.

I don't understand the point of this website...

Havelange did a mistake, but it doesn't cancell what he did for football. For example, if you think Zidane, you don't only remember the final of 2006 and his header on Materazzi. You first remember the great player he was.

I don't understand the point of this website...

Havelange did a mistake, but it doesn't cancell what he did for football. For example, if you think Zidane, you don't only remember the final of 2006 and his header on Materazzi. You first remember the great player he was.

Actually I'd bet most people think of the head-butt first.

• Like 2

Guest Guest98

So, I'd bet most people don't know football...

Such a pitty :(

So, I'd bet most people don't know football...

Such a pitty :(

Actually I watched it with friends, and one of them said moments after it happened

"A brilliant career, all those goals, everything he's achieved, and now this is all he'll be remembered for."

Or words to that effect.