maryportfuncity

Deathrace 2009

Can only be a matter of time before it's a front page of The Times with a black border.

Hmmmmmm, not sure about that. Though this only makes Paul the Postie's pick of the Rabid lassie in Ulster all the more obvious as an inspired choice. It's a hard one to judge. I mean, the Rabies and ms Evans cancer are both very rare, thankfully.

The media are scum, virtually every daily in Britain was all over her back in October and not one of the pricks can be bothered to let the nation know that she has now passed away. <_<

The media are scum, virtually every daily in Britain was all over her back in October and not one of the pricks can be bothered to let the nation know that she has now passed away. <_<

Amen eej ol' pal.

Yeah, I find that very odd meself. But news agenda's change so quickly these days. Perhaps the 'diagnosis' news came during a quiet time.

But with the news full of Gaza and the Credit Crunch and Rafa Benitez accusing Alex Ferguson of bribing influencing referees, there's no room or other stories like rare cancer victims.

Have you checked the tabs?

I even have a Google Alert set to email me the moment anything get's posted about Joanne Evans anywhere in the world <_<

I even have a Google Alert set to email me the moment anything get's posted about Joanne Evans anywhere in the world <_<

How does that work then?

Her funeral takes place tomorrow, so if there is nothing reported on Tuesday or Wednesday I think you may struggle.

Mary, you deserve a few drinks for creating this idea and actually making it function. I don't fully understand the scoring system but I think you just received your second hit. You know Mary, you remind me of the uncle from that overrated film Napoleon Dynamite. I've visioned you as something similar. I forget his name. It was .. I can't remember it but the idea is very original and I wonder when approximately you will have a winner?

How does that work then?

Obviously Google are scum - but they do have some cool tools and this is just one of them:

http://www.google.com/alerts

Here is a snippet of mine. You can customize your alerts to come from just news stories, blogs, newsgroups, or anywhere.

GoogleAlerts.jpg

I almost got the champagne out of the fridge in error last week when I got multiple alerts regarding my "Margaret Thatcher dies" alert. It was due to this kind of report: "Sir Alan Walters, key economic adviser to former British PM Margaret Thatcher, dies at 82"

Never mind, one day it'll be true.

Mary, you deserve a few drinks for creating this idea and actually making it function. I don't fully understand the scoring system but I think you just received your second hit. You know Mary, you remind me of the uncle from that overrated film Napoleon Dynamite. I've visioned you as something similar. I forget his name. It was .. I can't remember it but the idea is very original and I wonder when approximately you will have a winner?

I'd anticipated a winner by Easter although Eejit is now almost three quarters of the way there. I've added Bill Stone points because he is certain to hit qualifying obit levels for this competition.

Never seen that movie, but I'm guessing you're wrong. If anyone who met me at the DLcon has seen it, they might wanna comment.

I almost got the champagne out of the fridge in error last week when I got multiple alerts regarding my "Margaret Thatcher dies" alert. It was due to this kind of report: "Sir Alan Walters, key economic adviser to former British PM Margaret Thatcher, dies at 82"

Never mind, one day it'll be true.

No it wont . Maggie the Great (for it is she) will live forever :banghead:

I'd anticipated a winner by Easter although Eejit is now almost three quarters of the way there. I've added Bill Stone points because he is certain to hit qualifying obit levels for this competition.

Good on Bill, he was a generous soul.

Swayze is looking good to make a fourth hit in Jan if he reprises his role in Ghost.

No it wont . Maggie the Great (for it is she) will live forever :banghead:

Well, even if her body doesn't, you are right - her name will live forever. Much in the same way that Genghis Khan's has. ;)

Swayze is looking good to make a fourth hit in Jan if he reprises his role in Ghost.

A monster pick, he'll be an earthquake of points, as and when.

Sir Dai Llewellyn was picked by quite a few.

I was pretty confident in my selections this year, but 4 hits by Jan 13th? :skull:

Eejit one pick away from a winning score, scoreboard updated, endgame on...........Dai Llewellyn would have raised a glass to us, or summat.

2 – To enter the Deathrace a contestant must have

A: A valid and current DDP team.

B: Status as a member of the Deathlist (i.e. be at least a Pointless Ranter and at most Sad W**ker)

Or…..successfully argue a case to MPFC for entry without the above.

MPFC takes vow of silence:

I've just realised that in order not to knock yourself out of the running you can only make one more post until your competition is over!

Do we get to take a vote as to what 7,000 posts equates to? Can we collectively decide what follows sad wankerdom?

I was pretty confident in my selections this year, but 4 hits by Jan 13th? :skull:

En fuego, eejit, positively en fuego. Can you please submit a list of 50 top tips for next year this coming Christmas, so it can be used for DL 2010.

En fuego, eejit, positively en fuego. Can you please submit a list of 50 top tips for next year this coming Christmas, so it can be used for DL 2010.

To be fair, 3 of the 4 would not be accepted as DL candidates.

Worlds oldest person, WW1 Veteran, and that unknown local woman.

Speaking of unknown local women - has anyone heard anything on Joanne Evan? :lol:

To be fair, 3 of the 4 would not be accepted as DL candidates.

Worlds oldest person, WW1 Veteran, and that unknown local woman.

Speaking of unknown local women - has anyone heard anything on Joanne Evan? :lol:

Well she's been buried.

And yet the tabs still haven't come hunting...

B: Status as a member of the Deathlist (i.e. be at least a Pointless Ranter and at most Sad W**ker)

I've just realised that in order not to knock yourself out of the running you can only make one more post until your competition is over!

Do we get to take a vote as to what 7,000 posts equates to? Can we collectively decide what follows sad wankerdom?

Whaddya take me for?

I wrote the rules to say to enter, they say nowt about being barred after entry if you go above sad wankerdom. Basically, they rule out guests unwilling to commit hereabouts. On the other hand I could always 'argue a case' to the person who wrote them. I've a hunch I won't get thrown out. If we've established I'm a sad W**ker, I suppose we've established that I've had sex with the person running the Deathrace!

Re sad wankerdom and beyond, how's about I hunt out the 'Twunt' thread from ages ago, make post 7000 on there and see WTF happens eh? If the admins open it up for debate, remember, you're voting on your future epithets. As the mighty Mercury Rev said; 'See you on the other side.'

Whaddya take me for?

I wrote the rules to say to enter, they say nowt about being barred after entry if you go above sad wankerdom. Basically, they rule out guests unwilling to commit hereabouts. On the other hand I could always 'argue a case' to the person who wrote them. I've a hunch I won't get thrown out. If we've established I'm a sad W**ker, I suppose we've established that I've had sex with the person running the Deathrace!

Re sad wankerdom and beyond, how's about I hunt out the 'Twunt' thread from ages ago, make post 7000 on there and see WTF happens eh? If the admins open it up for debate, remember, you're voting on your future epithets. As the mighty Mercury Rev said; 'See you on the other side.'

I do feel that there is only one more step after being a 'sad W**ker', and that is 'John Leslie'.

... and that unknown local woman.

Speaking of unknown local women - has anyone heard anything on Joanne Evan? :skull:

She may have been an "unknown local woman" to you, but to many of us she was the new Queen of Hearts.

God bless you Joanne! *sniffs*

Updated for the late Sir John, though the main news sources haven't stated the date of death. Wiki are reporting today and I'm assuming the early hours and, therefore, awarding 349 points. Raskolnikov now emerging as the strongest challenger to Eejit, and look at the surge from our Manx Minx, from nowhere to 700 points in a couple of days.

Bah, wish I'd entered my DDP team now. Just didn't get around to it. Three hits in a week! :(