weatherman90

Nancy Reagan

I suppose Mrs. Reagan's age and the recent loss of her husband cast a dark cloud known as a death watch over her. However, it has now become apparent that her relative seclusion last year was most likely related to her mourning her late husband. During the aftermath of the pope's death and with her recent White House appearance, Mrs. Reagan has now made clear that she is in good health for an almost-84-year-old. Death List should hold out for a few years, but I must say that I'd be surprised to see Mrs. Reagan live much beyond 90.

That's probably true. But I'm guessing she won't live for probably any longer than 10 years after his death.

Guest deathlister

Check out People this week. There's an article on Mrs. Reagan and she actually looks better in the pics. I think she's even gained some weight!

Guest Guest

National Enquirer reported this past week that the old gal had fallen yet again at her home and is showing signs of confusion similiar to what her Ronnie went through. Says the 3 kids are all fighting over whether or not she should move out of the big house and be cared for else where.

is showing signs of confusion similiar to what her Ronnie went through

So when did Nancy assume the presidency? :)

Nancy Reagan is in attendance at Lady Bird's funeral.

Also present: the Carter Family and Barbara Bush. Strangely, no GHWB.

He's getting his son's foot out of his son's mouth.

Nancy Reagan is in attendance at Lady Bird's funeral.

Also present: the Carter Family and Barbara Bush. Strangely, no GHWB.

Nancy Reagan is doing OK from watching Lady Bird Johnson's funeral, she will be around for a few more years and Betty Ford (who did not attend Lady Bird's funeral) will go before she does.

Nancy Reagan is in much better shape than Betty Ford and is still fairly active but that being said she might be a good candidate in 2009 because she will turn 88 that year.

Guest Guest_dave_*

Nancy reagan was the guest of honour at the Republican party presidential debate.She looked in good form,talking abut her late husbands legacy and able to stand for a log period of time while being interviewed.Betty Ford could die any day now,but Nancy Reagan should last a few good years yet by the look of things.

Nancy reagan was the guest of honour at the Republican party presidential debate.She looked in good form,talking abut her late husbands legacy and able to stand for a log period of time while being interviewed.Betty Ford could die any day now,but Nancy Reagan should last a few good years yet by the look of things.

I agree. I think she has a couple more years to go.

It would appear she is more frail than she appeared... :unsure:

Hardly. John Balance was 42 when he fell down the stairs and he died from it. Reagan, on the other hand, is already out of hospital. If anything, this makes her healthier than she appeared.

Of course, most falls at that age shave a few years off your life no matter what...

Guest Guest
John Balance... fell down the stairs...and he died

A loss of balance all round then.

Cheerio.

That was uncoiled for.

Cheerio.

That was uncoiled for.

Cheerio.

I guess that pun was sprung on us!

Guest Guest
Wasn't it Jhon Balance.

Would you like Tibet?

Wasn't it Jhon Balance. Pedantic maybe, but I did meet him a few times.

If you trust Wikipedia, it can be spelled either way. Seeing as how his birth name was Geff Rushton, I doubt that there's a definitive answer.