No way is Peel the alleged Paedo, apart from anything else the maths suggest his show and hers were so far apart he wouldn't have been around. Peel was outspoken at the time about the locker room mentality of some of his more moronic colleagues and often cited a Radio One Funday at Mallory Park as the nadir of the whole thing. The sight of Tony Blackburn being ferried across the lake by a Womble driving a speedboat being a particularly surreal moment.

I'd say DLT (loved being surrounded by girls, grabbed them as hard as Savile, not particularly interested in music) is a short-odds candidate.

Incidentally. I've a hunch there's a cracking A-Z Peel tribute show on a very obscure station between 10 and midnight tomorrow, link: http://www.miskinradio.co.uk

Same show is threatening planning to play Harry McNally's greatest hits soon, there will be advance warning hereabouts when that happens.

I also thought DLT, as I'm sure the original article mentioned the guy being 4 times her size and that could only be DLT really.

I remember reading the stuff about Peel getting bjs from young teenage girls years ago and always thought it odd there wasn't more of a fuss made of it. I guess there is a difference between actively chasing after underage girls and not bothering to check if a girl is of age. Also Savile's victims were vulnerable to start off with, which only adds to the wrongness of it.

No way is Peel the alleged Paedo, apart from anything else the maths suggest his show and hers were so far apart he wouldn't have been around. Peel was outspoken at the time about the locker room mentality of some of his more moronic colleagues and often cited a Radio One Funday at Mallory Park as the nadir of the whole thing. The sight of Tony Blackburn being ferried across the lake by a Womble driving a speedboat being a particularly surreal moment.

I'd say DLT (loved being surrounded by girls, grabbed them as hard as Savile, not particularly interested in music) is a short-odds candidate.

Incidentally. I've a hunch there's a cracking A-Z Peel tribute show on a very obscure station between 10 and midnight tomorrow, link: http://www.miskinradio.co.uk

Same show is threatening planning to play Harry McNally's greatest hits soon, there will be advance warning hereabouts when that happens.

Only you could have written that with the gravitas it doesnt deserve.

Mary, you fucking legend!!!!! :lol:

I think the Peel thing has got way out of hand - they've picked up on his first marriage and some comments he made fucking ages ago about how young girls would come to his dressing room offering all sorts of shenanigans and about how people didn't say no to it - additionally, the Daily Fucking Mail illustrated their story about him with a picture of him dressed up as a schoolgirl - and Bob's shagging your Aunty, he's some sort of predatory paedo.

A vast difference between what Peel described, and what has allegedly happened to Savile's 'victims', in my opinion.

John Peel = BBC at it's best. So it is obvious that the Daily Mail want to damage his reputation. Because they are insane...

I think the Peel thing has got way out of hand - they've picked up on his first marriage and some comments he made fucking ages ago about how young girls would come to his dressing room offering all sorts of shenanigans and about how people didn't say no to it - additionally, the Daily Fucking Mail illustrated their story about him with a picture of him dressed up as a schoolgirl - and Bob's shagging your Aunty, he's some sort of predatory paedo.

A vast difference between what Peel described, and what has allegedly happened to Savile's 'victims', in my opinion.

John Peel = BBC at it's best. So it is obvious that the Daily Mail want to damage his reputation. Because they are insane...

The Daily Mail just love any excuse to trash the BBC

Also, John Peel is dead, so they can more or less say what they like about him without fear of repercussions.

Also, John Peel is dead, so they can more or less say what they like about him without fear of repercussions.

No they f***in' can't. Me and my mate Nathan will repercuss on them for sure, Nathan went to Peel's funeral: where a massive mob also turned out in honour of the legend. They'll turn on anyone who disses the man as well.

I thought he was already acknowledged as a paedo, but in the fun Jerry Lee Lewis sense of the term rather than the nasty Kevin Keeg*n sense of the term.

Really? What's the damage on that one then?

Just google "kevin keegan motorway lay-by baseball bat attack"

Just rumour and conjecture although the event was one of the more inexplicable episodes in Keegan's life I suppose...

However, here's an interesting titbit from a Guardian article about Joe Mercer's short tenure as England caretaker manager in 1974. The team had just beaten Bulgaria 1-0 in Sofia. On transit in Belgrade, Yugoslavia...

Keegan, like the rest of the squad, was not wearing his England tie or blazer, a sartorial lapse with unpleasant consequences. While waiting for his luggage he sat down near the baggage carousel while a couple of his team-mates messed about on the conveyor belt. Keegan was promptly arrested by Yugoslavia's border police and taken to a back room, where he was punched, kicked and truncheoned before being charged with sexually assaulting a stewardess, a further assault on a guard, disturbing the peace and causing an obstruction. The players refused to abandon him to his fate and FA officials, British embassy staff and Mercer eventually persuaded Keegan's captors that he was innocent and should be released.

Hmmmm...