Pagad Ultimo

The Cardinals Of The Roman Catholic Church

Cardinal Paul Shan dies in hospital in Taiwan, of multiple organ failure.
  • Like 1

His death broke my curse. A hit for the Cardinals. I can post again

Another Taiwanese man of the cloth called paul has passed away . You wait for one and two come along at once typical . This one is a bishop though not a cardinal I think ???? lol

http://en.wikipedia....7eng_Shih-kuang

Archbishop Scola has invited the faithful to pray for Cardinal Martini whose health condition has worsened. According to a statement posted on the Milan diocese website, the Archbishop of Milan, Cardinal Angelo Scola, appealed for "special prayers, expressions of affection and support in such a difficult moment" from "all the faithful of the diocese and all those who love" Cardinal Carlo Maria Martini.

Archbishop Scola has invited the faithful to pray for Cardinal Martini whose health condition has worsened. According to a statement posted on the Milan diocese website, the Archbishop of Milan, Cardinal Angelo Scola, appealed for "special prayers, expressions of affection and support in such a difficult moment" from "all the faithful of the diocese and all those who love" Cardinal Carlo Maria Martini.

This was the dude who was the liberal runner to take on Ratzinger in the last papal ballot, right?

This was the dude who was the liberal runner to take on Ratzinger in the last papal ballot, right?

Yes.

Cardinal Fortunato Baldelli passed away yesterday at the age of 77.

Yes.

It was catholicism's loss that he fell ill

100px-Coat_of_arms_of_Giovanni_Cheli.svg.png

Italian Roman Catholic cardinal, Giovanni Cheli, passed away today at the age of 94.

Paddy Power's odds for the next pope have been updated after today's developments:

http://www.paddypowe...744&AFF_ID=3409

Interesting to see the top five favourites at this stage are all non-European. I still think it is likely an Italian will take it though (Scola, Ravasi and Bagnasco being the top Italian contenders, while Bertone has a lot of bitter enemies). The other interesting thing is that one-time favourite, Spain's Cardinal Llovera, is now an outsider at 33-1.

Scola would be interesting from a DeathList perspective as he has a history of suffering from depression. How would he cope with the pressures of the top job?

Guest Guest

apparentely according to certain prophecies the next pope is the anti christ who will bring about the destruction of Rome and usher in armageddon. I will be awaiting the outcome of the conclave with great interest!

100px-Coat_of_arms_of_Julien_Ries.svg.png

Belgian Roman Catholic cardinal, Julien Ries, passed away today at the age of 92.

apparentely according to certain prophecies the next pope is the anti christ who will bring about the destruction of Rome and usher in armageddon. I will be awaiting the outcome of the conclave with great interest!

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz!

• Like 2

Indonesian Cardinal Julius Darmaatmadja is the first to announce that he won't be travelling to the conclave for health reasons:

http://ncronline.org...ep-him-conclave

He singles out eyesight as the major issue but mentions health in general as well.

No mention yet as to whether Francis George will be attending. It will depend on how far his cancer has progressed over the last few years, I suppose. He was meant to have finished his latest round of chemotherapy last month.

Indonesian Cardinal Julius Darmaatmadja is the first to announce that he won't be travelling to the conclave for health reasons:

http://ncronline.org...ep-him-conclave

He singles out eyesight as the major issue but mentions health in general as well.

No mention yet as to whether Francis George will be attending. It will depend on how far his cancer has progressed over the last few years, I suppose. He was meant to have finished his latest round of chemotherapy last month.

A few days ago, during one of my routine Google searches for "cancer", I saw an an article mentioning that Francis George got a clean bill of health. Looks like he'll be attending.

O'Brien resigns because of horsemeat scandal or summat.
  • Like 1

100px-CardinalCoA_PioM.svg.png

French Roman Catholic cardinal, Jean Marcel Honoré, passed away today at the age of 92.

O'Brien resigns because of horsemeat scandal or summat.

They were saying his resignation was sped up due to I'll health.

Might be a good punt for next year - if the stress doesn't kill him before 2014!

April 8

According to Dr. Robert Moynihan, in his Report Letter #8, April 8, 2012, Cardinal Jean-Louis Tauran, one of the two cardinal deacons accompanying Pope Benedict XVI in the Easter Sunday Mass in St. Peter's Square, near-fainted during the celebration, had to remain seated for a while and had to leave before the end of the ceremony. Cardinal Tauran has been suffering from Parkinson's disease for several years.

http://www2.fiu.edu/...dditions-12.htm

NCR did Tauran's profile as part of their "Papabili of the Day" series today. According to the profile, his Parkinson's may be a factor that debars him from becoming Pope (given the memories of John Paul II's slow decline are still fresh in cardinals' minds) but his friends claim he is fine at the moment.

http://ncronline.org/blogs/ncr-today/papabile-day-men-who-could-be-pope-12

Meanwhile, the ultra-ultra-ultra conservative faction led by Cardinal Sodano have allegedly put together an election ticket, consisting of Scherer for Pope and Piacenza or Sandri for Secretary of State:

http://ncronline.org/blogs/ncr-today/hedging-bets-schererpiacenza-ticket