Monoclinic

Fantasy Football

Calling all world cup football fans (and world cup widows... show them you can give them a run for your money)

Anyone care for a (free) gamble on a world cup fantasy football game? Now that we've got some time on our hands before compiling the next deathpool list we can get some vital list making practise in by compiling a list of eleven international footballers.

A veritable authority, and rather shadowy figure, tells me that some of the better free games can be found here, here and here with sky seeming to be the most basic, then metro, then ronald mcfantasy the most hands-on. So perhaps, if there is interest, we go with either Sky or Metro?

. So perhaps, if there is interest, we go with either Sky or Metro?

I don't give two shits about football, which is the reason I've been in a fantasy Premier League football thing for the last 6 years, with a mixture of actual friends and their friends I've never met. Last year 2nd of 22, this year 12th of 21. Knowing almost nothing about the sport, not having allegiance to any particular team, and not really caring too much about the results has given me many hours of great enjoyment including not the occasional Saturday-morning panic "shit! did I make my free transfer this week? Is Cech still my keeper?".

I'm in, Mono! Whichever is the least annoying site.!

This post is sponsored by... Alcohol, Inc.

. So perhaps, if there is interest, we go with either Sky or Metro?

I don't give two shits about football, which is the reason I've been in a fantasy Premier League football thing for the last 6 years, with a mixture of actual friends and their friends I've never met. Last year 2nd of 22, this year 12th of 21. Knowing almost nothing about the sport, not having allegiance to any particular team, and not really caring too much about the results has given me many hours of great enjoyment including not the occasional Saturday-morning panic "shit! did I make my free transfer this week? Is Cech still my keeper?".

I'm in, Mono! Whichever is the least annoying site.!

This post is sponsored by... Alcohol, Inc.

Okay, I went with Sky. No idea if it's the least annoying. I didn't read the other site!

So website to sign up (less than one minute and I didn't have to confirm by email I was human) is:

http://worldfantasyfootball.skysports.com/Index.aspx

The pin to join Deathlist World Cup 2010 mini league is:

Hope at least a few of you have the courage to field a team, even those of you north of the border rooting for Algeria!

Overview: 11 players, no budget restrictions. Max two players from one country. Unlimited transfers until the start and then 2 x 15 transfers during the tournament (there are two game periods). Choice of three line ups. 4-4-2, 4-3-3 or 5-3-2 if I remember.

A little bump to remind everyone to get a team in, if you want to show off your knowledge or your luck!

Anyone care for this partnering up front?

heskey_rooney.jpg

I've sort of joined but not picked the team yet...

Guest Shadowy Figure

Did somebody call?

Liquid Football are ready and waiting!

DWB :)

You're in!

Interesting group of players, Mr Beatle.

:)

I've got a team in this which I did ages ago - I'll join in if I may?

Is that good interesting or bad interesting?

Is that good interesting or bad interesting?

Good interesting :)

Hein's Heroes just joined Deathlist World Cup 2010.

I'll win, of course.

regards,

Hein

[bjørge Lillelien]"Lord Fellatio Nelson, Lady Grendel, Sir Windsor Churchill, Sir Anthonyd46, Death Watch Beatle, Harry McNally, Lady Die..... Grim Reaper, can you hear me? Grim Reaper... your boys took a hell of a beating! Your boys took a hell of a beating!" [/bjørge Lillelien]

I've accepted several more teams, tally now stands at one less than a Derrick Bird, but obviously still open for more offers if you care to fire your shot at FF in.

PS I am guessing that the team named Full-Time is Time?

GOOD LUCK!

[bjørge Lillelien]"Lord Fellatio Nelson, Lady Grendel, Sir Windsor Churchill, Sir Anthonyd46, Death Watch Beatle, Harry McNally, Lady Die..... Grim Reaper, can you hear me? Grim Reaper... your boys took a hell of a beating! Your boys took a hell of a beating!" [/bjørge Lillelien]

I've accepted several more teams, tally now stands at one less than a Derrick Bird, but obviously still open for more offers if you care to fire your shot at FF in.

GOOD LUCK!

The team managed by Godot Biglow is mine.

GOOD LUCK!

You are correct. I did that before dashing off to work.

The Cowboy is in the kraal.

The Cowboy is in the kraal.

Accepted, as long as there's no

Only 03 days, 16 hours and 07 minutes to get that squad in. Even for our Antipodean friends who seem somewhat under represented.

I'm in too after a bit of a hitch with the site displaying my real name, hopefully sorted now. Once my lot discover they have a Scottish 'manager' expect them to turn into a bunch of selfish glory hunters, refusing to pass to each other while shouting 'it's ma baw'. They will also endeavour to spectacularly miss the opponents net at every opportunity, while easily targeting their own. The opening match of France 1998 still gives me nightmares.....

I'm thinking about it. Couldn't do any worse than on Xpert 11.

How long do I have to decide?

Okay count me in.

Having never been in any kind of fantasy football league, this is all new to me.

I think I've picked my team correctly, but what happens next as far subs and stats and stuff, time will only tell.

I'm thinking about it. Couldn't do any worse than on Xpert 11.

How long do I have to decide?

3 days 6 hours 11 minutes, according to the Sky site.

The others, you're all accepted.

Mono, I've put a team in, hope it's better than my shadow DeathList.

Knowing my luck I'll not have a player from the winning team.

Josco has jumped in (pending approval)

I have never done this before, and apart from Rooney and Gerrard and ...er...um gosh...... I do not know a single player so I simply clicked the mouse around the selections and hoped for the best.

Josco's Jumpers for the cup! ;)

Couple of minor adjustments, get shot of a Mexican and replace him with an Argie. Job done, bring it on. Ready for defeat number 1.