Paul Bearer

Fort William Football Club

Deprived of cup interest in a replay by Newton Stewart today. I can't confirm the rumour that Newton Stewart's line-up comprises nine local men and a couple of stray sheep; but - trust me - this counts as a giant killing by the standards of the lowly south west Scotland outfit and a notably bleak day in Fort's less than stellar history.

• Like 1

Back into the old habit of conceding 5 goals - Final score LOSSIEMOUTH 5 FORT WILLIAM 1

Today's fixture and planned open day has been called off due to a waterlogged pitch. Bummer.

It looks like the introduction of the Lowland League has produced a rival to the Fort. Selkirk sit abottom of the pile with - like the Fort - a single point (gained at the start of the season with a 1-1 draw with Threave Rovers). Subsequent tankings have included being thumped 9-1. Just an idea, like...Selkirk and Fort William might usefully play off for The Crap Cup at the end of the season, in a 90 minute nail-biter of mistimed tackles, skied sitters, inept passing and athletically challenged action that'll make youtube gold and attract ironic sponsorship for next season.

Results: http://slfl.co.uk/previous-results/

Wick Academy 8 - Fort William 1. I think Gary Weir scored all 8 goals.

Wick Academy 8 - Fort William 1. I think Gary Weir scored all 8 goals.

It would appear so, Lets hear it for Keith Millar though!

Playing against one man himself ?

Bloody well should hope so.

• Like 2

3-2 and we scored 4 of the goals!!! C'MON THE FORT!!!

Victory!!!!! Keith 2 Fort William 3 :party:

Almost makes up for sitting in the drizzle and watching Carlisle unfairly beaten this afternoon. Awesome!

Fort William 0 - 6 Inverurie Loco Works

An own goal in the mix too...

Smashin'

Went down at home today 0-3, Paul Bearer may be drowing his sorrows in a single malt or two, so I thought I'd inform yers all.

Went down at home today 0-3, Paul Bearer may be drowing his sorrows in a single malt or two, so I thought I'd inform yers all.

Thanks for filling in for me last week MPFC. I bring y'all the news that we are still conceding 5 with todays game - TURRIFF UTD 5 FORT WILLIAM 0

PB, I'm on the edge of my seat man! The BBC website is showing their nail-biting 6 pointer against Rothes pegged at 4-4 and a latest score.

How did it end?

Edit - seen the result now. Fantastic Fort fightback from 4-1 down to score three without reply in the final 29 mins and secure a point.

And league progress (or cutting one point off the gap at least). Goal difference of -50 is only one worse than second bottom.

Great days for the Fort!

Somewhat spunked away the game in hand over second bottom, then.

9-0 hammering and now showing a goal difference of -59 after 19 games.

Onwards and - ermm - well, onwards anyway.

Why is BBC Sport still showing 0-0 as a latest score at this time? Was the game abandoned, did the floodlights fail, or summat?

• Like 1

Why is BBC Sport still showing 0-0 as a latest score at this time? Was the game abandoned, did the floodlights fail, or summat?

Wrong sort of flood maybe.