Paul Bearer

Fort William Football Club

Anyone who hasn't been a long-time follower of this thread ever heard of those teams?

Anyone who hasn't been a long-time follower of this thread ever heard of those teams?

Zorders man, their obscurity and pub team levels of football are the whole fuckin' point of this thread. Other than PB I think I'm the only poster here to have paid good money to watch The Fort in action (1-4 home defeat to Rothes, shite game, awesome scenery and decent craic with the die-hards).

Zorders man, their obscurity and pub team levels of football are the whole fuckin' point of this thread. Other than PB I think I'm the only poster here to have paid good money to watch The Fort in action (1-4 home defeat to Rothes, shite game, awesome scenery and decent craic with the die-hards).

I know that........ I was just asking, for a laugh! Chillax man.

SHFLtv are currently putting the finishing touches to their goal of the season and save of the season competition and it should be ready for next week!

We will let you know when it's time to vote so you can all get voting to for Andy Martin's 40 yard wonder strike against Buckie Thistle!

It was a fekin cracker. Vote when you get the chance. I'll try to post the link when it comes up.

SHFLtv are currently putting the finishing touches to their goal of the season and save of the season competition and it should be ready for next week!

We will let you know when it's time to vote so you can all get voting to for Andy Martin's 40 yard wonder strike against Buckie Thistle!

It was a fekin cracker. Vote when you get the chance. I'll try to post the link when it comes up.

Just watched it (around 12 mins 54 secs), Awesome, it'll get my vote: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QBC5VjS0EYU

FORT WILLIAM FC are delighted to announce the appointment of Calum MacLean as manager assisted by James Annette and John Matheson.

Roll on sext season.

FORT WILLIAM FC are delighted to announce the appointment of Calum MacLean as manager assisted by James Annette and John Matheson.

Roll on sext season.

Sure I saw something about Pocchetino going there....

Voted.

Couldn't be arsed to fill in all 10 though, I hope they still accept.

From their facebook page

At tonight's annual Highland League awards dinner in Nairn, Andy Martin picked up the Fort William FC Clubman Of The Year award!

This award, along with the Fort Player Of The Year award, marks a remarkable comeback for The Fort captain who missed most of the 2012/13 season due to a serious injury suffered at work!

Well done to The Fort's Andy Martin who won The SHFLtv Goal Of The Season for his screamer against Buckie Thistle!

This caps a magnificent season for The Fort captain who also won The Clubman Of The Year as well as The Fort's Player Of The Year award!

• Like 3

Well done to The Fort's Andy Martin who won The SHFLtv Goal Of The Season for his screamer against Buckie Thistle!

This caps a magnificent season for The Fort captain who also won The Clubman Of The Year as well as The Fort's Player Of The Year award!

Aye, and the competition in the last two categories was tough.

Fort William F C first game of the season will be a Northern Cup game vs Lossiemouth on Saturday 26 July at Lossiemouth.

I see that the record attendance at Claggan Park was 1500 but I cannot find data for the average attendance. If you held a DL Con at a home game would it double the spectators?

You could even hire hospitality*

* A very large umbrella.

I do think that the black away kit would look good with Deathlist sponsership on it.

I see that the record attendance at Claggan Park was 1500 but I cannot find data for the average attendance. If you held a DL Con at a home game would it double the spectators?

* A very large umbrella.

I do think that the black away kit would look good with Deathlist sponsership on it.

Carlisle had a black away kit last year, and all the stock of replica shirts sold out within the season. A rarity for the away strip.

* A very large umbrella.

Carlisle had a black away kit last year, and all the stock of replica shirts sold out within the season. A rarity for the away strip.

I surmise that you had no shirt sponsor and these were all bought by amateur refs.

• Like 1

Fort William F C first game of the season will be a Northern Cup game vs Lossiemouth on Saturday 26 July at Lossiemouth.

I'm off work then....less than 2 hours away but I might be in Snekie anyway that day...hmmmmmmmmmmm...

* A very large umbrella.

I surmise that you had no shirt sponsor and these were all bought by amateur refs.

You mean that there are some people who do this professionally.

I always assumed they needed large amounts of vociferous advice from the spectators.

* A very large umbrella.

Nope, sponsored by Stobart - who've just ended 18 years as CUFC's main sponsor to be replaced by Virgin Trains - and mainly bought by die-hard fans. Much in evidence in the seats this season. I think the black shirt doubles for casual wear more effectively than, say, the hideous deckchair numbers we're sported with stripes of Stobard colours and the vivid yellow of a couple of seasons back which had a disturbing tendency to attract insects if you stood still for two long.

* A very large umbrella.

Nope, sponsored by Stobart - who've just ended 18 years as CUFC's main sponsor to be replaced by Virgin Trains - and mainly bought by die-hard fans. Much in evidence in the seats this season. I think the black shirt doubles for casual wear more effectively than, say, the hideous deckchair numbers we're sported with stripes of Stobard colours and the vivid yellow of a couple of seasons back which had a disturbing tendency to attract insects if you stood still for two long.

I think the Stobart connection in itself is a form of attraction and has a coolness to people who like that sort of thing.

I did feel for Portsmouth (and their fans) a few years back when their sponsor was TY.

John Surtees own brand of racing cars were once sponsored by Durex, who ran a magazine ad with one of the cars on a track under the slogan of "The Small Family Car."

• Like 2

]

Nope, sponsored by Stobart - who've just ended 18 years as CUFC's main sponsor to be replaced by Virgin Trains -

Does this mean that all the players and the dedicated fans are going to be pictured in a shirt with the word Virgin emblazoned across the front?

At least there shouldn't be any issue with advertising standards.

• Like 2

Scottish Cup preliminary round:

Edinburgh City FC v Fort William FC

Saturday 16th August

Tonights pre season friendly score - FORT WILLIAM 2 ROSS COUNTY 6

]

Nope, sponsored by Stobart - who've just ended 18 years as CUFC's main sponsor to be replaced by Virgin Trains -

Does this mean that all the players and the dedicated fans are going to be pictured in a shirt with the word Virgin emblazoned across the front?

At least there shouldn't be any issue with advertising standards.

I remember years ago when Arsenal were playing in Italy when they had Sega on their shirts.

Sega = a term for w***er in Italian iirc..... no problems there then either.

Got a works Golf doo on Friday which could will get messy, but hangover permitting/assuming I've stopped drinking by 8am, it looks like an attempt by me for Lossiemouth on Saturday.