Sign in to follow this  
Spade_Cooley

Brian Haw

Also, long-time Parliament Square protestor Brian Haw treated for an unspecified "tumour".

Brian Haw has lung cancer and is currently receiving treatment abroad.

There's a nice, quirky article here about how he has spurned the offer of traditional NHS chemotherapy, preferring to seek treatment from a crackpot Italian doctor who believes that cancer is actually a fungus which can be cured by... baking powder :huh: . The doctor in question, Tullio Simoncini, has been disqualified from practicing medicine. Haw's outlook doesn't look too good really:

He had been told he had lung cancer and that it was 'operable'. But the term 'operable', it turned out, meant to remove the lung and then they changed their mind because they said the other lung was not strong enough to cope alone.

So last year I flagged up that beardy thorn-in-the-side of successive governments Brian Haw has a big ol' tumour. Not really hearing much else about his condition since then I decided to give him a bye but your current DDP leader has thrown him straight into his starting XX.

Only just today discovering that our man has his own blog where you see him walk out of a hospital looking like fucking shit and a poem about his being turfed out of Parliament Square recently which I think hints that he's not long for this world? The majority of his blog is just general Trot "JEWS DID 9/11" shit but if you can be bothered to peel through it there might be a form guide there.

Anyway, he's in the news enough to warrant his own thread, so here it is.

Brian Haw's peace camp celebrates it's tenth birthday this week. Sadly, the man himself isn't there, nor able to give the press any comment on this momentus milestone. His friend and fellow protester Babs Tucker has given a confusing account of his current predicament:

Now Mr Haw, the protester and thorn in the side of the establishment whose peace camp today celebrates its 10th anniversary, cannot speak at all. In September he flew to Germany for treatment for lung cancer. According to his number two Babs Tucker, he is now unconscious and in intensive care. Ms Tucker has spent the past five years living in one of the tents on Parliament Square, which faces Westminster Palace. She has recently returned from visiting Mr Haw in Germany, where she says he is receiving a combination of traditional and alternative methods that, she says, "aren't available in the UK". "I promise you he's coming back," she added. "He's been through so much, but I think he's turned the corner now." :angry:

Brian is now 'at peace'.

Just an insane performance on so many levels. And what makes it all the more impressive is all of his picks were pretty mainstream as well, I think the only one of his picks who wasn't discussed here was Danny Fiszman, and anyone who's read a sports section of a newspaper over the past year would have known he had cancer. So it's basically an exercise in bravery and trusting gut instinct rather than rooting around the nether regions of the internet to find that the 19th duke of whateverthefuck has a tumour in his pinky finger.

Well done sir. I mean, he could still Devon Loch....

Just an insane performance on so many levels. And what makes it all the more impressive is all of his picks were pretty mainstream as well, I think the only one of his picks who wasn't discussed here was Danny Fiszman, and anyone who's read a sports section of a newspaper over the past year would have known he had cancer. So it's basically an exercise in bravery and trusting gut instinct rather than rooting around the nether regions of the internet to find that the 19th duke of whateverthefuck has a tumour in his pinky finger.

Crisp might be more appropriate, but he was caught by the greatest of them all...

Sad loss.I think they should erect a statue outside parliament to commemorate him.Preferably with a megaphone attached blaring out his taped protests in a permanent loop to piss off MPs :)

Sad loss? He was an annoyance.

Sad loss.I think they should erect a statue outside parliament to commemorate him.Preferably with a megaphone attached blaring out his taped protests in a permanent loop to piss off MPs :)

Don't you think he was a great fighter for free speech then?

Lets all go to parliament square and have a 2 minute noise in hi s memory!

PS the above link doesnt seem to be working so here's another one

Not really.

I do understand why you sympathise with him though. He was an annoying, rambling git too...

:)

11/20 of his team are dead before the halfway point of the year. Could he even get all 20? :)

Edited by DevonDeathTrip
Multitude of posts moved to fill out the Brian Haw thread a bit.

Motion seconded.

We need a copy of the statue outside the Australian Parliament House as well.

Fighters for free speech usually are an annoyance. It's pretty much what free speech is about.

regards,

Hein

Can I request that The Living End picks all the names for next years list? :)

Is this Living End chap one of us?

Is this Living End chap one of us?

DDT...

Sad loss.I think they should erect a statue outside parliament to commemorate him.Preferably with a megaphone attached blaring out his taped protests in a permanent loop to piss off MPs :lol:

Motion seconded.

Our wish may come true: http://www.ekklesia.co.uk/node/14994

:wacko::lol:B)

Sad loss.I think they should erect a statue outside parliament to commemorate him.Preferably with a megaphone attached blaring out his taped protests in a permanent loop to piss off MPs :lol:

Motion seconded.

Our wish may come true: http://www.ekklesia.co.uk/node/14994

:lol:B)B)

Good grief, I was just kidding! You mean they're actually going to do it? :wacko: