http://www.telegraph.co.uk/technology/video-games/Xbox/10068979/The-next-Xbox-What-to-expect-from-the-720.html

The new xbox will be revealed later today . I wonder if they will do a sony and not actually show the machine ?

I know one thing for sure i won't be buying it on release day . I bought an xbox 360 on release day and it broke down after 4 months ,the second one 6 months later and the third one 2 years after that. I'm currently on my forth xbox and i have played it alot and its still going which says to me Microsoft were essentially releasing beta versions of the 360 in the early days.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/technology/video-games/Xbox/10068979/The-next-Xbox-What-to-expect-from-the-720.html

The new xbox will be revealed later today . I wonder if they will do a sony and not actually show the machine ?

I know one thing for sure i won't be buying it on release day . I bought an xbox 360 on release day and it broke down after 4 months ,the second one 6 months later and the third one 2 years after that. I'm currently on my forth xbox and i have played it alot and its still going which says to me I have more money than sense.

EFA

• Like 1

I know one thing for sure i won't be buying it on release day . I bought an xbox 360 on release day and it broke down after 4 months ,the second one 6 months later and the third one 2 years after that. I'm currently on my forth xbox and i have played it alot and its still going which says to me I have more money than sense.

EFA

EFA don't understand ? sorry im not up with the latest slang of the youth despite being in my 20s :D

EFA

EFA don't understand ? sorry im not up with the latest slang of the youth despite being in my 20s :D

Edited For Accuracy.

I was teasing you...

EFA

Edited For Accuracy.

I was teasing you...

Haha i never even saw that. Well thankfully the first two times the console broke down it was covered by the one year guarantee and i took out cover for 2 pound a month after that. That was when i was a teenager though and i wasted money no doubt.

We went through three or four 360s here. Never lost a PS3.

I will say, though, I still have my original Xbox and it is functioning just fine.

As far as the Xbox One is concerned, I am totally turned off by the lack of backward compatibility. I'm also not impressed that the hard drive isn't replaceable. Nothing else is blowing my skirt up far enough for me to be real happy about the damn thing. Voice control? Yeah, who actually uses Siri and, more to the point, do I really want my Xbox listening to everything in the room? Skype integration? The only person I skype with anymore is my two year old grandson, and that's only when I'm out of town.

Apparently it will play used games if you pay a fee to Microsoft - that could be a deal breaker. I'm not paying more than $60 for a new game unless you give me a XXXL gold encrusted t-shirt.

So, I can't replace the drive, I can't turn off my internet connection to it, it will cost me more money to play used games, it's not backwards compatible in either hardware or games, and it's ugly. More to the point, I don't see my gold encrusted t-shirt.

So while the PS4 is also not backwards compatible, it will stream PS1, PS2 and PS3 games from the cloud. If Sony does the DRM thing I could swear off games forever.

It looks like the WiiU will be a better console than the Xbox One. This is sad.

Of course, we all just need to hang on until E3. Lots and lots of questions will be answered on June 11th - and far more may be asked. :)

I will say, though, I still have my original Xbox and it is functioning just fine.

As far as the Xbox One is concerned, I am totally turned off by the lack of backward compatibility. I'm also not impressed that the hard drive isn't replaceable. Nothing else is blowing my skirt up far enough for me to be real happy about the damn thing. Voice control? Yeah, who actually uses Siri and, more to the point, do I really want my Xbox listening to everything in the room? Skype integration? The only person I skype with anymore is my two year old grandson, and that's only when I'm out of town.

Apparently it will play used games if you pay a fee to Microsoft - that could be a deal breaker. I'm not paying more than $60 for a new game unless you give me a XXXL gold encrusted t-shirt.

So, I can't replace the drive, I can't turn off my internet connection to it, it will cost me more money to play used games, it's not backwards compatible in either hardware or games, and it's ugly. More to the point, I don't see my gold encrusted t-shirt.

So while the PS4 is also not backwards compatible, it will stream PS1, PS2 and PS3 games from the cloud. If Sony does the DRM thing I could swear off games forever.

Of course, we all just need to hang on until E3. Lots and lots of questions will be answered on June 11th - and far more may be asked. :)

You may as well have written that out in Mandarin, I have absolutely no idea what you are on about C.A.

It, sort of, sounds very clever and intelligent.......in a geeky kind of way. :)

Wow I am impressed - throw out your preconceptions - a Granny who not only Skypes her grandson but is an authority on all things console based. I have not progressed beyond PS2 and Cradle of Egypt on the DS!

Would you describe yourself as a Silver Surfer? :)

One thing i found out about games is wait a week or 2 and the price drops sometimes to 50% . I have American friend who told me games retail new at 60 dollars so i guess its the UK equivalent of £40 pounds. By waiting one week i have actually on some occasions managed to get a game for £20 after one week . Usually though 22 -25 pound is the normal rate.

Personally speaking though on my wages games and holidays are the few luxuries i can afford with getting myself into debt and if i wanted an extra holiday i needed to stop buying new games . Now i just buy the triple A titles from 6 months ago which i can pick up for around 10 to 15 pound and in 6 months time i will pick up todays triple A titles. in all saving 25 pound a game i buy maybe 15 games a year that works out at 375 pound that is an easyjet flight to France and spending money :D .

Would you describe yourself as a Silver Surfer? :)

That would be an insult to my stylist.

As far as game prices go here, they don't drop for quite a while, if at all. Sometimes when sequels come out, but a lot of top level Nintendo games never drop. A top level PlayStation or Xbox game won't drop until the sequel comes out. This is the Call of Dutys, Assassins' Creeds, etc.... type game. All the others hang on as long as they can and then wind up in a bargain bin at WalMart.

Currently playing vanquish which i picked up on amazon for 11 pound . Wow what a game , i don't think i have ever played such a fast paced game .

Half way though it so far and definitely recommended.

Microsoft realised the error of their money grubbing ways (saw no one was pre ordering their console) and decided to listen to their fans.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/technology/2013/jun/19/xbox-one-drm-second-hand-restrictions-abandoned

Just purchased the only game I have ever paid full whack for, Grand Theft Auto 5 @ £39.99!

I usually wait until the game I want drops to around £20.00 quid, but I guess I got caught up in all the hype around it's release.

A real gem of a game though and good value considering that it will take me yonks to complete it as I am usually a slow gamer.

Eee when I were a lad and t' internet were jus' fields, I remember playin' Grand Theft Auto 1, when you had to run over t' Hare Krishna's to get a prize...

• Like 1

Just purchased the only game I have ever paid full whack for, Grand Theft Auto 5 @ £39.99!

I usually wait until the game I want drops to around £20.00 quid, but I guess I got caught up in all the hype around it's release.

A real gem of a game though and good value considering that it will take me yonks to complete it as I am usually a slow gamer.

1 billion dollars in 3/4 days is amazing really , call of duty ghosts will have a huge task to beat that (i don't think it will) . How long before all the top 10 selling entertainment media are all computer games? CDs and dvd's are tanking big time.

Eee when I were a lad and t' internet were jus' fields, I remember playin' Grand Theft Auto 1, when you had to run over t' Hare Krishna's to get a prize...

Ah... those were indeed the days! Nothing more satisfying than driving over a row of orange blobs!

4 other things you must have done in the GTA series.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/technology/video-games/10312274/Grand-Theft-Auto-Five-things-were-all-guilty-of-doing.html

Just been listening to WATO on R4 and Ian Livingstone (Eidos & Fighting Fantasy) was being interviewed about setting up a Free School. Considering how the Fighting Fantasy novels were vilified by the Right Wing press this should have everyone at the Daily Mail howling like loons.

There wasn't a Dungeons and Dragons topic!

evil within 2 is a great game shame it sold so badly so much better than number 1 .  Great soundtrack too!!

Skyrim will always be the best game, even 50 years from now people will still be talking about it...still waiting on ES6 tho....

On 1/6/2018 at 14:18, the_engineer said:

evil within 2 is a great game shame it sold so badly so much better than number 1 .  Great soundtrack too!!

Watched a buddy of mine play this...it was lit!

• Like 1

resident evil 2 one of the best games ever made came out 20 years ago today. With rumours the remake will also be announced today. 

RE2_-_Title_(Original).png.2329347ca840eb93811eceb7b94efa08.png

Fan made screenshot below

295314.jpg.6a9edd7f34f6abbeb6d174acb35ada1f.jpg

With video game industry now being worth more than the music and film industry combined, thought it was about time we had a thread on video games we're playing, separate from the one for YouTubers etc who've carked it.

Managed to pick up 20 odd games in the Valve Pack (Half Life, Counter Strike, Ricochet) that i didn't already own for £8.86 (sale's over now, sorry guys) - well nearly, Artifact and some other game you've forgotten were missing) for a tenner in the winter sale, and Need for Speed Hot Pursuit for like two quid or something. So be downloading some of them to play on the PC next few days. 

• Like 1

I used to play much more - but now pretty much nothing for a few months, except chess (against people).

My favourite games are role-playing games and strategy.

When I stopped, I had open save files for Fallout 4, Neverwinter Nights 2, Dragon Age 3, hell, even Skyrim which I lost interest in after endless hours of Skyrim (I hate doing main quests before all side-quests).

The last games I finished last year were Torment: Tides of Numenera and Mass Effect: Andromeda (underrated).

I know I eventually want to play the Witcher series (got the first two lying around somewhere),  and Divinity 2.

I also was a huge fan of the Civilization series.

• Like 1

I used to be an adventurer, then I took an arrow to the knee...

The best game ever made, bar none and with no arguments, was Crash Team Racing on PS One, in about 1999/2000. Second best is GTA V on the PS4. I have, sadly, not been on my PlayStation for about 3 or 4 months. Sad.