The Unknown Man

Ideas And Possibilities For 2014

First time here so not sure if there is an official competition or general speculation?

So here's my top ten around a dual theme

Lord Carrington

Norman Tebbit

Douglas Hurd

Jim Prior

Geoffrey Howe

Little Richard

Chuck Berry

BB King

Fats Domino

Jerry Lee Lewis

If the list is 20 then here are a more random 10

Frank Williams (Dad's Army)

Frank Williams (Formula 1)

Kirk Douglas

Nancy Reagan

Olivia De Havilland

Zsa Zsa Gabor

Pope Benedict

Eddie Large

Bill Kerr

Christopher Lee

Late, late entrants have a late, late possibility to mull over - MP Paul Goggins is seriously ill - http://www.bbc.co.uk...hester-25563342

Sorry, DDT, missed your post of 10 minutes earlier, sorry.

Er... in other news, President Sata of Zambia is allegedly near death - or absoutely fine, depending on which publication you read.

Edited by Octopus of Odstock

Would you like me enter this into the HPDP mix for you?

Assuming that's directed at me, yes please :)

Fernando Ricksen, 2014 may be a bit early for him but I thought I would throw his name in the mix

I just saw an interview with him on the Dutch telly. He's not looking quite well, his speech is quite impaired and on a good day he still walks well. I don't think 2014 will be his year, but if he takes a turn for the worse...

regards,

Hein

Bess Myerson, the first Jewish Miss America and assistant to Ed Koch, has dementia and may not even be aware of Koch's death.

Bess Myerson did indeed die in 2014, on December 14th. However, according to this New York Times report, it was not publicly announced and was only disclosed in public records today.

I've decided to drop 2 good candidates for 2014 as I don't want to fall victim to another Jack Pardee (as I fear I will). But both have a chance - the first depends entirely on when he dies (during World Cup might help chances), the 2nd might be in the Daily Mail but in short, I don't think they will get a relevant obit in the probable likely event that they die.Pedro Rocha b. 1942, Uruguayan footballer. Played in four successive World Cups between 1962-1974. As Wiki says; Today he suffers from mesencephalic atrophy, a serious degenerative illness that affected his speak and his movements, paralyzing part of his body and confining him to a wheelchair.Pat Summitt b. 1952. American basketball coach of an university female basketball team. Surely too obscure? But she has had phenomonal success, but then so did Pardee. There's more than enough in her life to get widespread US coverage, but UK - again guess it depends if she dies "In-season" as it were. She has early onset dementia.

Prayers and support are flooding social media for former Tennessee Lady Vols basketball coach Pat Summitt.

Multiple sources confirm to WBIR that Summitt is not doing well, and her family and friends are preparing to say goodbye.

Her worsening health has led to many visits that some consider final, according to sources.

SC

http://www.wbir.com/mb/sports/college/vols/womens-basketball/pat-summitt-not-doing-well-family-preparing-to-say-goodbye/256183597