The Unknown Man

Ideas And Possibilities For 2014

Or one of his out of control security men.

If you're wondering about those attractive North Korean options...

Ri Sol-ju - wife of Kim Jong-un, recently reappeared after rumours of her death.

Kim Kyong Hui is the widow of the executed uncle, rumoured to be vulnerable now.

Spellings, upper/lower cases in names etc. have proven variable between news sources.

I somewhat agree. Even though there are more people I feel are highly likely to die and a deeper field of names to wittle I don't feel there are any Damon Harris/Van Cliburn you know they will be dead in the first few weeks freebie locks like last year.

There's maybe two people on my DDP 2014 entry that haven't been mentioned anywhere on this forum.

Re our new mascot/DL candidate etc.

Been thinking about this driving to work:

Vera Lynn - clearly wasn't her crashing the Vera thread, probs too goody goody to love us like Biggsy did.

Gazza - the more chaotic he gets the less he's funny

Keith Richards - likes us but we were right, he just isn't rock n roll enough anymore.

So what about

Kim Jong un? - It's not like most of the planet would feel bad if his life were greatly endangered, he's random and grimly funny and - apparently - oblivious to the way others see him. He's also leading a regime that looks likely to implode and very likely to generate more news coverage than its secretive nature would want.

Just an idea, like.

Ozzy Osbourne should be our new mascot as an 87 survivor. Him or Lemmy Kilminster.

Ozzy Osbourne should be our new mascot as an 87 survivor. Him or Lemmy Kilminster.

Seeing as he on the sauce again (allegedly), then perhaps it's time for Ozzy to make a DL comeback...

More of a "wish list" but I'd love to see Justin Bieber bite the dust.

But back on topic... does anyone else have Denis Norden as a pick?

Checking up on a baseball pick of mine, Chris Graham , who if he dies in the same time frame as his mum will go late this year/early next, a recent update gives a couple more possibilities.

"

Michael Weiner, executive director of baseball's player union, was diagnosed last summer to have an inoperable glioblastoma. Speaking at a luncheon with baseball writers before last week's All-Star Game, Weiner said he no longer has movement in his right side and has been confined to a wheelchair.

Former Phillies catcher Darren Daulton underwent surgery earlier this month for the removal of two glioblastomas. Four others who also played for the Phillies in the 1970s -- Tug McGraw, John Vukovich, Johnny Oates and Ken Brett -- have succumbed to brain cancer. "

Well Weiner pegged it last month, but I see Daulton got hitched yesterday http://www.newsworks.org/index.php/local/item/63031-beloved-phillie-darren-daulton-ties-the-knot

Last Hurrah I reckon.

BBC news reporter Helen Fawkes, 40, is suffering from an aggressive form of ovarian cancer, which was caught in the early stages. She thinks her chances of survival are 50/50.

BBC news reporter Helen Fawkes, 40, is suffering from an aggressive form of ovarian cancer, which was caught in the early stages. She thinks her chances of survival are 50/50.

now at the stage of a bucket list as its incurable , prog on World Service Monday cominghttp://www.bbc.co.uk/mediacentre/proginfo/2013/42/ws-the-bucket-list.html

Just had another bout of chemo with next scheduled for xmas eve http://helenfawkes.wordpress.com

Nailed on for next year.

I've got 35 picks, including him. Not sure he'll make the cut, though.

Re the mascot discussion above, I'd say Ozzy is a better pick than my best guess. Lemmy...dunno, his pacemaker will give him a few more years, probs.

Sean Connery, admist years of health problems & recent rumours of progressive alzheimers is a dead cert in my opinion.

Is it just me lacking research or are there not as many easy picks this season?

Well...

Of the top 10 teams currently in the DDP, seven celebs were picked for six or more sides:

Henry Cecil (9)

Van Cliburn (9)

Reg Presley (8)

Bonnie Franklin (7)

Damon Harris (7)

Michael Winner (7)

Hugo Chavez (6)

Trying to predict which people will end up on 60% plus of the 2014 DDP top 10 is a fool's game, but if I had to have a punt I'd say Wilko Johnson will be on probably all major teams next year, and I'd expect to see Sam Simon and Valerie Harper on 80+% teams as well.

Had been told a year ago by a friend who follows him on twitter that Leslie Philips was a shout so I check up for next year, and blow me. He's getting hitched to a youngster tomorrow.

She might defo see him off, and I quote ''I don't have much time left''.......

Inspired by the demise of O'Toole it seems.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/3am/celebrity-news/leslie-phillips-marry-zara-carr-2942033

I heard him on the radio the other day talking about O'Toole. He sounded alright...

Yup.

He retired from broadcasting a few years ago.

What about Lord Bannside on the front row (left)

1799068327.jpg

This is a recent picture.

Seeing loads of teams including Kim kyong-hui in their team next year will be fucking galling to say the least. Akin to seeing Man Utd fans with Luis Suarez as their Fantasy Football team captain

What about Lord Bannside on the front row (left)

1799068327.jpg

This is a recent picture.

I dunno about the one on the right but the bloke in the middle can practically fly with those ears!

Now that the 2 former PA's to NIGELLA LAWSON have been found not guilty - thus leaving Nigella open to claims that she is a junkie and a perjurist (?) do you think she may decide to join her former husband (and 2001 DL member) John Diamond?

Now that the 2 former PA's to NIGELLA LAWSON have been found not guilty - thus leaving Nigella open to claims that she is a junkie and a perjurist (?) do you think she may decide to join her former husband (and 2001 DL member) John Diamond?

Yeah, she'll probably decide to get cancer.

• Like 2