adrian0719

Rag Traders

31 minutes ago, alt obits guy said:

Claude Montana, a French fashion designer particularly popular in the 1980s, has died. He was 76.

https://www.vogue.com/article/claude-montana-whose-big-shouldered-silhouettes-defined-the-1980s-has-died

Oh wow that one is a shock ! I studied him a lot in my fashion classes, he was a key figure of the 80’s with Mugler and Gaultier, particularly known for his leather work if I remember well. A-lister for me but doubt he’s that famous for people non interested in fashion. 
what’s going on with french deaths ?? 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Lafaucheuse said:

Oh wow that one is a shock ! I studied him a lot in my fashion classes, he was a key figure of the 80’s with Mugler and Gaultier, particularly known for his leather work if I remember well. A-lister for me but doubt he’s that famous for people non interested in fashion. 
what’s going on with french deaths ?? 

Reaper flitting to and fro across the Channel (La Manche) like a people smuggler.

Quite content to send him across the Atlantic for a couple of weeks.

• Haha 2

Report that Arthur D'Angelo, one of the twin brothers who founded the '47 apparel brand has died: 

• Like 2

On 10/02/2016 at 13:12, ImNotHades said:

it's all in the title :) and some people will hate me for staring a new topic but I'd rather start a new one then fight on patriotism in the old one :)

the reason i start this is because they don't tend to live that long and there are not many of them big ones, so here are some of the oldest and most famous fashion designers:

Pierre Cardin - 93

Valentino - 84

Karl Lagerfeld - 82

Giorgio Armani - 81

Carolina Herrera - 77

Ralph Lauren - 76

Roberto Cavalli - 75

Vivienne Westwood - 75

Calvin Klein - 73

Not many survivors from the above, but Roberto Cavalli dead as reported elsewhere.

Need I say it? Picked last year, but dropped this year and that's why @Death Impends he's a List of the Missed. https://www.derbydeadpool.co.uk/deadpool2023/celebs_C.html#cavalr

1 hour ago, YoungWillz said:

Not many survivors from the above, but Roberto Cavalli dead as reported elsewhere.

Need I say it? Picked last year, but dropped this year and that's why @Death Impends he's a List of the Missed. https://www.derbydeadpool.co.uk/deadpool2023/celebs_C.html#cavalr

5 / 9 of the names on that list are still alive.

3 minutes ago, Ulitzer95 said:

5 / 9 of the names on that list are still alive.

Well, relatively speaking, there weren't that many names on that list in the first place. :lol: