Dead Wait

Ideas And Possibilities For 2015

Fucking hell. Is Blessitt seriously his birth name? Hahahaha....

I'm guessing he managed to get a lot of the, er....... certain Arab/Asian countries done in the 60s and 70s when he first started. If he tried to repeat some of those today/next year then he would be a certainty.

The point is he does repeat those kind of stunts today. Apart from anything else, he walks on roads all over the world. I'd say one bad driver is more danger to him than any bunch of terrorists, who'll hardly regard him as a political foe. But, either way, I'd be interested to see what he has to pay in life insurance.

2nd round Wimbers loser, loses at life.

Vicky Duval diagnosed with Hodgkins Lymphoma

http://www.foxnews.com/sports/2014/07/04/american-tennis-player-victoria-duval-diagnosed-with-hodgkins-lymphoma/

Don't know 'how' serious/lifespan etc etc..........

Who the fuck is Ava Sabrina.......the opnly Sabrina I know off is or was the big-titted girl from Blacpool whose real name is or was Norma Sykes and she used to come on TV in the 1960's,tits first and the rest of her a few seconds later!

I swear she was the cause of Arthur Askey's demise, and for you young ones, Arthur Askey was a comedian from Liverpool, and we all know that such people exist, don't we?

2nd round Wimbers loser, loses at life.

Vicky Duval diagnosed with Hodgkins Lymphoma

http://www.foxnews.c...gkins-lymphoma/

Don't know 'how' serious/lifespan etc etc..........

Some people can live a long time and even recover back to old form. Alisa Kleybanova a Russian player was diagnosed in early 2013 and was back on tour a few months ago. From what I just read on SI Duval was told after her 1st round win in Qualies so she still played 4 other matches after being told of her diagnosis.

Game of Thrones author George R.R. Martin (65 years old and a fatty fat bastard who looks like someone who could potentially roll for days if he ever fell down the wrong hill) responds to fans who are worried that he won't live to finish writing all the books.......

(How the fuck many are there supposed to be anyway?)

http://www.forbes.co...-fans-the-bird/

“I find that question pretty offensive, people speculating about my death and my health,” Martin said in an interview with Swiss newspaper Tagesanzeiger. “So f*ck you to those people.”

Surely just for that, this guy has to go on the front page in 2015? I was already thinking about him a few days ago before he even said this.

Game of Thrones author George R.R. Martin (65 years old and a fatty fat bastard who looks like someone who could potentially roll for days if he ever fell down the wrong hill) responds to fans who are worried that he won't live to finish writing all the books.......

“I find that question pretty offensive, people speculating about my death and my health,” Martin said in an interview with Swiss newspaper Tagesanzeiger. “So f*ck you to those people.”

Surely just for that, this guy has to go on the front page in 2015? I was already thinking about him a few days ago before he even said this.

I think this is what distinguishes this site from others. Here we debate candidates for death in a dignified almost academic fashion but going on a fan forum where the writer frequents and saying (from what could be considered a selfish approach) "You're not going to croak before you finish that are you?" is a bit rude.

I think he would be a legitimate DDP pick and I would consider him for my writers theme team but I wouldn't seek his approval first.

The fans need not be worried though his publisher is probably stockpiling monkeys and typewriters as we speak.

Here we debate candidates for death in a dignified almost academic fashion

LULZ!

but going on a fan forum where the writer frequents and saying (from what could be considered a selfish approach) "You're not going to croak before you finish that are you?" is a bit rude.

TBQFH Bilbo-griffin, I think they were just trying to drop a hint to him - i.e. "stop stuffing your fat fucking face like a Scottish Halibut who's spending the first day after the end of Ramadan at an all-you-can-eat, deep-fried-everything restaurant/buffet in Glasgow, because we want you to be able to finish the sodding books!" If they'd just come out and said that maybe he would have been forced to respect them for it and change his habits.

The fans need not be worried though his publisher is probably stockpiling monkeys and typewriters as we speak.

Yeah and the funniest thing is they'll probably tell them the books they come up with were actually his work, and he "just managed to finish them before he died!"

LULZ!

but going on a fan forum where the writer frequents and saying (from what could be considered a selfish approach) "You're not going to croak before you finish that are you?" is a bit rude.

TBQFH Bilbo-griffin, I think they were just trying to drop a hint to him - i.e. "stop stuffing your fat fucking face like a Scottish Halibut who's spending the first day after the end of Ramadan at an all-you-can-eat, deep-fried-everything restaurant/buffet in Glasgow, because we want you to be able to finish the sodding books!" If they'd just come out and said that maybe he would have been forced to respect them for it and change his habits.

Yeah and the funniest thing is they'll probably tell them the books they come up with were actually his work, and he "just managed to finish them before he died!"

If he has children I am sure they will do the best to continue his legacy (squeeze as much money as possible out of his name) in the same way as Brian Herbert did for his father Frank and Christopher Tolkien is doing.

LULZ!

If he has children I am sure they will do the best to continue his legacy (squeeze as much money as possible out of his name) in the same way as Brian Herbert did for his father Frank and Christopher Tolkien is doing.

I dunno if he does and can't be arsed to look it up on Pikiwedia. And I think they'll definitely go with the "he just managed to finish them!" route. And the best part is the fans will believe it.

LULZ!

I dunno if he does and can't be arsed to look it up on Pikiwedia. And I think they'll definitely go with the "he just managed to finish them!" route. And the best part is the fans will believe it.

Brian Herbert used the idea that Frank had planned out a whole new series of Dune books that he was just about to start writing but considering that after this he has produced almost double the number that Frank managed in a 20 years period suggests he really is milking it.

Many fans were not taken in though because of the six books published during Frank's life time there is evidence of fatigue. I gave up after God Emperor of Dune (#4) and would advise any interested reader to give up after Children of Dune (#3).

I gave up after I saw the incredibly shit film. (Which we were talking about just last week.)

In fact it's just occurred to me, I'm not sure if I can remember loving any space-based sci-fi film I've seen since I saw that, or if I've even tried watching any, it has affected me in that area as badly as that bad shrimp that fucked Michael Winner over.

I gave up after I saw the incredibly shit film. (Which we were talking about just last week.)

In fact it's just occurred to me, I'm not sure if I can remember loving any space-based sci-fi film I've seen since I saw that, or if I've even tried watching any, it has affected me in that area as badly as that bad shrimp that fucked Michael Winner over.

You may have guessed that I have probably seen and read more than my fair share of SF&F in all its genres.

Do not consider the film Dune to give you an insight into the novel. I love the original book but could not watch the film. However the best 'space' film I would suggest would be Aliens - I watched it four times in one day once!

I have checked and GRRM does not have any offspring but Isaac Asimov has a much younger second wife who appeared to sell his name to the highest bidder after he died.

You may have guessed that I have probably seen and read more than my fair share of SF&F in all its genres.

Do not consider the film Dune to give you an insight into the novel. I love the original book but could not watch the film. However the best 'space' film I would suggest would be Aliens - I watched it four times in one day once!

I have seen Aliens. I didn't find it very brilliant I guess that was cause I didn't find the first one brilliant either except for the part where she got (nearly) nekkid! (Sorry). Also the part where John Hurt suddenly felt a bit chesty, obviously. With Aliens........ maybe I'd have liked it if I'd seen it when I was a kid but I'm very jaded on action movies (which is what it essentially was) and it takes a lot to impress me with them (since I've seen tons). Oh well.

And yes I realise you're not supposed to be put off a book if you didn't like a film based on it (unless it's L. Ron Hubbard). It's terribly bad form and it can get you lynched by a roving band of Reddit users who will come up to your house and, whilst wearing specially protective ear-gear on themselves, shriek you to death using the sheer power of their incredibly nerdy, shrill voices.

However I just said that because it's true. It was that bad I never want to read the book. And also partially cos I knew it would mildly wind you up for said reason!

• Like 1

Australian swimmer Ian Thorpe has infection in shoulder - could lose his arm:

http://www.theguardi...-care-infection

He strikes me as someone who can't live without his sport.

Now he comes out as gay:

http://www.theguardian.com/sport/2014/jul/12/ian-thorpe-gay-parkinson-interview

Well, I've seen this story before. I guess now that the secret is out, his name can be erased from the suicide list.

I was just reading the Mail's report on it....

One of his fake girlfriends was called Amanda..... well, you just read for yourself. (pmsl)

http://www.dailymail...rs-denials.html

• Like 1

Australia finally contributes to the world:

BflI4TZCMAAhJsu.jpg

Interesting article on their site re Ian Thorpe, treated for depression last week, and now hospitalised after being found dazed in the street trying to crawl into his car....

http://www.dailytele...2-1226816921703

Now he comes out as gay:

http://www.theguardi...inson-interview

Well, I've seen this story before. I guess now that the secret is out, his name can be erased from the suicide list.

More likely chances increased....

BflI4TZCMAAhJsu.jpg

Interesting article on their site re Ian Thorpe, treated for depression last week, and now hospitalised after being found dazed in the street trying to crawl into his car....

Now he comes out as gay:

Yeah could still happen, but I thought that if he wants to kill himself, he'll either do it very soon (i.e. before 2015) or not for a long time

The legendary sports writer, Hugh Mcilvanney, is now 80. Gotta be a contender so to speak.

And to continue the boxing theme, he once interviewed Joe Bugner.

Joe Bugner: Get me Jesus Christ and I'll fight him tomorrow!

Mcllvanney: Joe, you're only saying that because you know he's got bad hands

:D

Bugner will go before McIlvanney

I laugh when I remember Bugner, he should have been a world beater as he was about 6'4 and a decent weight, but couldn't punch his way out of a paper bag, and God only knows how the referee Harry Gibbs gave him the decision over Henry Cooper, a travesty in boxing which ended Our 'Enery's career.

McIlvanney has got to one of the great sportswriters of all time as his coverage of sport generally, but football in particular wa of the highest quality, and if his fondness for the Red side of Manchester was obvious, it nwas because of his compatriots, Busby and Ferguson

Bugner will go before McIlvanney

I laugh when I remember Bugner, he should have been a world beater as he was about 6'4 and a decent weight, but couldn't punch his way out of a paper bag, and God only knows how the referee Harry Gibbs gave him the decision over Henry Cooper, a travesty in boxing which ended Our 'Enery's career.

McIlvanney has got to one of the great sportswriters of all time as his coverage of sport generally, but football in particular wa of the highest quality, and if his fondness for the Red side of Manchester was obvious, it nwas because of his compatriots, Busby and Ferguson

Learn something new every day moment for me......

It wasn't him that was behind the glorious BBC 'only a game?' , it was Hugh. Hugh is two years younger but both enjoy a dram and smoked like me when I last saw them in a pub.

BflI4TZCMAAhJsu.jpg

Now he comes out as gay:

Yeah could still happen, but I thought that if he wants to kill himself, he'll either do it very soon (i.e. before 2015) or not for a long time

The mistake we are making here on this interview is that we are focussing on the prospects of the Thorpedo but really we should be trying to work out how long Parky has left?

If what they say about the size of feet aligning with other men's sizes, Thorpey's friends shoiuld be well pleased and I suppose, well satisfied

The mistake we are making here on this interview is that we are focussing on the prospects of the Thorpedo but really we should be trying to work out how long Parky has left?

Yeah. You're right. Falsely inventing some non-existent "suicide risk" for people seems to be a popular fucktard thing to do at the moment, someone did it in some other thread talkin' about some other non-"candidate" recently that I can't recall atm.

I presume when charon says he is a higher suicide risk now is because there's a high rate of gay suicides. He says that as though Thorpe wasn't gay last week before he said that to Parky. Also he seems to forget the whole "being rich as fuck" thing. I'm sure there's other factors too but if I took the time to point out every last fallacy in a charon post I'd never have a chance to post or read anything else on here. And I'm sick of talking about him now so the new nickname I thought of for him will have to wait until later.