Sign in to follow this  
Davey Jones' Locker

Deathlist 2014

My bad ! I replaced 7 with Stan Lee.I do think Tony Bennett is probably the least likely to die on the whole list though!

This is so frustrating. It is over a month since Paisley went and at the time I thought we were on a roll after two deaths in August. There is so much potential on the list all of the top 10 could keel over at any moment. But even the deaths that are happening off-list are either relatively obscure or complete shocks (like Lynsey de Paul).I am waiting for a big one.

• Like 1

Sam Simon will be pretty soon I reckon.Billy Graham is probably only a cough away from meeting the lord too.I hope Brady is next though we have lost too many legends this year so it would be nice to have a death that we can all feel happy about.

• Like 1

I wouldn't feel happy about Ian Brady going cause he is on my 2015 DDP shortlist

I think also that Sam Simon will be gone sooner rather than later, hope Ian Brady will also go in a painful, agonising death. Also surely it is time for Zsa Zsa to kick the bucket, well it probably was about 5 years ago to be honest. Hopefully we will get another 3 or 4 deaths before the year is out.

I think also that Sam Simon will be gone sooner rather than later, hope Ian Brady will also go in a painful, agonising death. Also surely it is time for Zsa Zsa to kick the bucket, well it probably was about 5 years ago to be honest. Hopefully we will get another 3 or 4 deaths before the year is out.

It is a bit hard to kick something when you only have one leg.

Inadvisable, at least.

Unless you borrow one from Rolf Harris!

• Like 3

Unless you borrow one from Rolf Harris!

Not the best person to borrow one from, who knows were it will of been.

Guest Guest

Actually, it's usually not that hard. If you are sitting comfortably in your wheelchair, with your buttocks resting firmly on the seat, you can easily kick a bucket. Of course, given the general state of health of this particular old lady (ZsaZsa), it might be a somewhat more demanding challenge.

Today is day 311.

Interestingly we are only one death behind 2013 at the same time last year but on a pro-rate basis will struggle to get into double figures.

Hopefully December Will Be Magic (tragic?), Again.

December seems to always have a lot of low hanging fruit die off. It's just a matter of whether some of those will be low hangers the deathlist committee nominated.

In some ways our lack of success in 2014 could pave the way for a good 2015 if we keep the right contenders in.

Should we be looking towards those in their 70s & 80s who have faded from public view rather than having a large number of high profile 90+ candidates?

Guest Guest

If you can't get into double figures for the 3rd in 5 years it's pretty grim.how have standards slipped so much lately?

I am sure that the overall deathrate has slowed. Not just the picks on the list but famous people in general. The only one on my radar I have lost in the past couple of weeks is Glen Larson and my radar is about 1350 names.

Next year I am going to keep stats on my very long list.

If we had managed the same rate as the DDP Drop 40 then we would be on 14 hits right now but it is intersting to note that none of the top ten picks have gone this year.

Will 2014 go down as the year of the liars?

Yeah but some of the DDP hits such as Crowe and Farmiloe aren`t big enough for the Deathlist.We do have a lot of the names in common with them though.

If no one between the DDP's top 9 and Simon goes in the next month then this will be the first year in which the sole most popular DDP hit (as it stands, Jaruzelski) wasn't picked by the DL that year. (the closest to that before is 1999 in which the most popular hit was a tie between Nimmo/DiMaggio, the former wasn't on the DL but the latter was)

• Like 1

The death of Luise Rainer on 30th of December is the equivalet of a controversial penelty in extra time allowing a score draw between the nay sayers and the list supporters.

Getting into double figures is a significant milestone and if we can carry the momentum on into 2015 we could be looking at 12-15 dead.

The death of Luise Rainer on 30th of December is the equivalet of a controversial penelty in extra time allowing a score draw between the nay sayers and the list supporters.

Getting into double figures is a significant milestone and if we can carry the momentum on into 2015 we could be looking at 12-15 dead.

In non-diplomat talk (you sounds like one), that means getting onto double figures at the last minute saved their asses.

Yeah I know I only finished with nine but hey... I'm not the so-called "esteemed" one here am I?

No idea what's gonna happen with their lot this year but I'm annoyed they didn't put S-*gets shot*

• Like 1