Sign in to follow this  
Davey Jones' Locker

Deathlist 2014

Deadpoolers today who sit on their computers all day googling new celebrities to appear smarter, I ask yer?

Actually I better not, since, I'm fairly sure you won't know!

:glare:

• Like 2

I'm sorry to have to say this but I don't think this will be a good year for deathlist.You might struggle to get into double figures. Too many healthy people like Vera Lynn and PD James on it.I can tell you for certain that Lord Carrington and Denis Healey are NOT going to die this year .I was amazed that Nancy Reagan was taken off it given her frailty and desire to join her husband in heaven. Very dissappointing list I'm afraid :(

You said that last year. Now either register or just shut the fuck up

Fixed.
  • Like 1

Of the fifty, only Shaw Taylor and Ed Asner were names I didn't know. Taylor was a character well before my time, but Asner was certainly a 'knew the voice if not the name' actor.

I like the quasi-educational remit of Deathlist though. Sometimes it brings monsters like Priebke to your attention, but there's many others I'd have completely missed out on through gaps in my knowledge if not for this site. (George Melly springs to mind from years ago.)

• Like 1

^ FFS

I'm thinking you may not have heard of books.

I guess you may have seen a bit of TV (Maybe not the news) but a few light entertainment shows.

Wiki? may have passed you by.

Internet - what do you mean no? - well surely you should 'cus you have just been using it...

Or was that someone else?

Education?

Can't be serious?

No, I'm actually being serious. Several of these people are not familiar to me, and they are not household names in Sweden. Or anyhere outside of Uk. Is this really an issue? Well, anyways, I think longterm, which means that my knowledge of things keeps growing for every day. I'm only 20.

No need to get all worked up and question my education that I work hard for at college level. Thanks! :)

I am in Stockholm Arlanda airport now and i am willing to bet you on a beer that i can find a Terry Pratchett book in a bookstore here.... (they must sell them, they sell them in practically every dutch bookstore)

• Like 1

Deadpoolers today who sit on their computers all day googling new celebrities to appear smarter, I ask yer?

Ali does not need to google to appear smarter, for he is the smartest person I know. If you only knew the hours of research he puts in to deadpooling. Picking a fight with him about deadpool celebrities is a fruitless task, my friend.

For 119 Swedish crown in a pocket book shop near my boarding gate

http://www.afbeeldin...iew/56052/VSsHm

Is this in English or is it a translation?

I hope you have not got The Colour of Magic because despite being the first in the Discworld series it is not the best place to start. I have met Terry Pratchett twice at signing sessions - he seemed like a nice guy.

Never got the joy of being proud that you're ignorant of anything, tbh. I mean, I have fuck all interest in, say, the politics of Central America or professional squash or modern country music, but I still know who Daniel Ortega, Jahangir Khan and Jason Aldean are.

• Like 2

Plus it means I can usually find at least one Pointless answer if it's a category I know something about. Nothing more annoying than watching two guys on screen blankly staring at Alexander Armstrong while you're shouting "George Burley you fucking idiots" over and over.

• Like 4

Ali does not need to google to appear smarter, for he is the smartest person I know. If you only knew the hours of research he puts in to deadpooling. Picking a fight with him about deadpool celebrities is a fruitless task, my friend.

Excuse me, but we know Maryport is at least twice as smart as me.

^ FFS

I guess you may have seen a bit of TV (Maybe not the news) but a few light entertainment shows.

Internet - what do you mean no? - well surely you should 'cus you have just been using it...

Education?

Can't be serious?

No, I'm actually being serious. Several of these people are not familiar to me, and they are not household names in Sweden. Or anyhere outside of Uk. Is this really an issue? Well, anyways, I think longterm, which means that my knowledge of things keeps growing for every day. I'm only 20.

No need to get all worked up and question my education that I work hard for at college level. Thanks! :)

To be fair I can probably name less than 10 famous Swedes and four of them have names beginning with the first two letters of the alphabet.

• Like 1

To be fair I can probably name less than 10 famous Swedes and four of them have names beginning with the first two letters of the alphabet.

Hate to break this to you, but I suspect you'll find that one of them is actually Norwegian. :P

• Like 2

Excuse me, but we know Maryport is at least twice as smart as me.

Maybe, maybe not, but he doesnt attend DL meets carrying a dossier under his armpit or summat!!!

That, dear Sir, makes you a little bit spesh in the deadpooling world! :)

Hate to break this to you, but I suspect you'll find that one of them is actually Norwegian. :P

Oh you mean Norway and Sweden aren't the same place?

Oh you mean Norway and Sweden aren't the same place?

As I understand it, Norway is the capital, Sweden the seat of government of Copenhagen.

regards,

Hein

• Like 1

^ FFS

Education?

Can't be serious?

It took me a moment to get this. :D :D :D

So....this year I beat the DL committee to the 1st hit. Ha. :2guns::shoot2:

Last year my first hit was the same as theirs - Michael Winner.

2007 was the last time there was no hit in January

2007 was the last time there was no hit in January

We've got 20 days, I think we'll be fine.

I am not as sure about this year's list as last years but assuming our estimed committee know what they are doing if we are going to break the record we need 15. So I have found 15 that I think can do it (from the list)

1. Wilko Johnson
  2. Billy Graham
  3. Zsa Zsa Gabor
  4. Gough Whitlam
  5. Chris Woodhead
  6. Ian Paisley
  7. Kirk Douglas
  8. Mickey Rooney
  9. Peter Sallis
  10. Abe Vigoda
  11. Casey Kasem
  12. James Randi
  13. Fats Domino
  14. Sam Simon
  15. Clive James

This has probably assured their survival well into 2015 but I am hoping that the record will be broken this year.

I don't think Douglas will go this year, nor Sam Simon, Sallis or Woodhead.

Guest Alan

Lots of good choices on the list. One thing that surprises me is that Liz Dawn was left off. At the start of 2013 she stated that her only wish for the year was to stay alive, and subsequently had a heart attack. Her COPD has advanced since she left Coronation Street, and it is not a disease that people tend to live indefinitely with. I would be absolutely shocked if she lived for two more years, and would not be at all surprised if she went this year.

One month down; a fair amount of talent selected, and still no action. Surely February won't be so barren.

• Like 1