On 07/11/2023 at 20:57, Spade_Cooley said:

The top script on this year's Brit List, an attempt at finding the best screenplays from young and upcoming exciting fresh British writing talent, is.... a reboot of Super Gran.

Aye, it's got legs - https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-67363064

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, msc said:

Super Gran dead according to Scottish Facebook fan chatter? :(

Well, there's only this on the Twitter: 

Probably need the papers or a decent Scottish celeb report.

• Sad 4

The crime of the century is the fact that the silly Yank who runs the amateur genarians website hasn't included Gudrun Ure on the 1926 page.

I'm seeing that yesterday lots of people were wishing her a happy 98th birthday. Seems to be some confusion as to where she was born in March or May. Perhaps the posts on social media yesterday have confused somebody who thought it said she had died at 98? Who knows... let's just wait and see :) 

• Like 1

Being Scottish have posted both on X and Facebook that...

Her niece messaged our Facebook page

Don't know how true this is as someone else on X is urgently contacting Being Scottish via FB too. Have they been pranked?

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Octopus of Odstock said:

Being Scottish have posted both on X and Facebook that...

Her niece messaged our Facebook page

Don't know how true this is as someone else on X is urgently contacting Being Scottish via FB too. Have they been pranked?

I saw that. Starting to look like it's a hoax.

Someone edited her Wiki page after the tweets and FB posts appeared to say that she died in Campsie in Scotland. That's where she was born, but to the best of my knowledge Gudrun Ure has long since lived in the south of England. Would she really move back there to die? :lol:

Auntie Gudrun's dead? Better get in touch with the Facebook nostalgia meme page immediately, so news of her passing can be sandwiched between "who remembers ice cream vans?" and "bring back hanging".

• Haha 5

3 minutes ago, Spade_Cooley said:

Auntie Gudrun's dead? Better get in touch with the Facebook nostalgia meme page immediately, so news of her passing can be sandwiched between "who remembers ice cream vans?" and "bring back hanging".

LOL. You joke but there are a lot of stupid ppl out there who would have that in their mind as a priority.

Also, on Facebook, there seems to be a huge collection of boomers who cannot distinguish between news, fake news, sponsored content, official sources and amateur pages etc. They share anything they read without asking themselves a single question about its reliability. Those same ppl presumably think that “Being Scottish” is like the BBC News page but for Scottish ppl.

2 minutes ago, YoungWillz said:

So the Mirror have taken down their story.

But the Daily Star want her dead: https://www.dailystar.co.uk/showbiz/breaking-supergran-actress-gudrun-ure-32811904

I once edited a book by a twelve year old. Who wasn't writing in their native language. It was better written than that Star article.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

At this stage I want her to have died just so I can say:

"98? Well she had a gudrun."

5 minutes ago, Ulitzer95 said:

At this stage I want her to have died just so I can say:

"98? Well she had a gudrun."

Well, you've said it now anyway, and you're right - she doesn't have to die, then

3 minutes ago, maryportfuncity said:

Well, you've said it now anyway, and you're right - she doesn't have to die, then

Well seeing as she's actually dead I'm going to say it again anyway. 

*clears throat*

98? Well at least she had a gudrun. 

:hatsoff:

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

Died aged 98, in good health well into her nineties, still living in her own home, conversing with family till recently and aware of the public admiration for her famous role. That's about as nice a celebrity death as you'll see tbh.

• Like 7

Let's just say right now, and nothing to do with Gudrun herself, but the day I heard the theme tune was the day I lost all respect for Billy Connolly.

That homophobic line came too easily to his lips.

I'd like to congratulate you on outliving another Forum name, sir.

Ask Jimmy Carter GIFs - Find & Share on GIPHY

• Like 1
  • Haha 3